Topic: One for the Road

Here`s Springsteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjKeQznN … mp;index=2

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Here`s another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZExfu7K-A3I

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Got to go, here`s old skool Specials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHpK8sx0lms

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRjfrj0N7eY

If you don`t like this, give up now.........you have no soul.

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grD2YkK6WmY

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Was watching the Stiff records programme and this was on. Saw them in Autumn `85 in Hanley, Shane on top form, Sally Maclennane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q99dJeA0 … re=related

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Waterboys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsNTmjlf1vI

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyStwRYLzlI

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGmGMEVbTAY

[i]" Smashed off her eyes on 'charlie powder' several years ago, Una - (Lionel's rival, Wurzel's Woman, companion of Cliff) took a fancy to a young sound technician."[/i]

Share

Re: One for the Road

"In My Tribe", over 20 years ago.
Saw them live early `90`s good band, Natalie Merchant, needed a few nights out in Mirfield to loosen up, but I would.

This is the earliest clip i`ve ever seen, wait 2 mins in, at least `til she takes the hair band off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am1LXE2R … re=related

"Hey Jack Karouac" great song. Remember her on whistle Test with blue dress and red tights. Sadly not on Youtube...........yet.

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmi4W9D … re=related

Did someone say guitar solo?

Share

Re: One for the Road

I had long hair once. Big deal.

Share

Re: One for the Road

zicoslovechild wrote:

"In My Tribe", over 20 years ago.
Saw them live early `90`s good band, Natalie Merchant, needed a few nights out in Mirfield to loosen up, but I would.

This is the earliest clip i`ve ever seen, wait 2 mins in, at least `til she takes the hair band off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am1LXE2R … re=related

"Hey Jack Karouac" great song. Remember her on whistle Test with blue dress and red tights. Sadly not on Youtube...........yet.

I saw them early 90's in Cambridge, never met anyone else who liked them. Cracking song that.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: One for the Road

Harvest wrote:

I saw them early 90's in Cambridge, never met anyone else who liked them. Cracking song that.

I didn`t know too many who liked them either.:)

You`re right though, it is a cracking song.

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vf3ZE7C … re=related

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

36 years ago today since the man passed away, so here`s his finest hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qrjtr_uFac

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Give it 30 secs and then...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9wsIsTMK4

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Early Roddy with Aztec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3mB6Wr … re=related

Last edited by zicoslovechild (Wed 10 Feb 2010 3:28 am)

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

..............c`mon just click the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhkXQ96ZLR0

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

fucking love this me...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

but only a few willl read and watch it anyway.

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

zicoslovechild wrote:
Harvest wrote:

I saw them early 90's in Cambridge, never met anyone else who liked them. Cracking song that.

I didn`t know too many who liked them either.:)

You`re right though, it is a cracking song.

Saw them in Sheffield in 1987, I was mildly obsessed with Mrs Merchant for a bit. I think it was the Christian Sunday School teacher vibe. "In My Tribe" is one of the best albums of the 80's

Share

Re: One for the Road

zicoslovechild wrote:

fucking love this me...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

but only a few willl read and watch it anyway.

Cracker that lad. Smart choice.

Share

Re: One for the Road

Relatively early for one for the road, but I need to go to bed.

Incidentally Geno Washington is playing The 100 club, London 14th May only £18.

No, it`s not "Geno" but the end is quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ThWaMnlSZM

By the way, love this thread cos if i ever need a good tune, it`s here.

ps so don`t post your shite tastes on here. big_smile

Last edited by zicoslovechild (Mon 29 Mar 2010 11:21 pm)

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: One for the Road

Do you like this Dexy's track Zico?

Still uses the strings. There's a full length version (12mins) somewhere but I can't find it anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-avJdGnHe0

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Share

Re: One for the Road

Tell you what mate, that is a quality, never heard it, ever.

It reminds me of been in infants school and my older sisters mate, liking some band from the US. Working class 1970`s, Yorkshire, black and white mix.

Luxury Scruff, great shout.

________________________________________________________________________________

Share