Re: One for the Road

As my young nephew would say 'Absolute rozzer.'

http://customsmusic.com/track/birding

But he didn`t sing this gem.

________________________________________________________________________________

Tukka boots. Eh, eh?

________________________________________________________________________________

whyIoughta wrote:

There should be a thread on here about songs that sound ordinary on vinyl/disc, but great live.

Saw the Teardrop Explodes early 82 I think it was Feb (Wilder tour), Sheffield City Hall. They came on to  Like Leila Khaled Said, a quite mundane song on the LP at the time.

Their live performance of this track was fantastic and has stayed with me for 35 years.

Stick with it.

I had their greatest hits on before, loads of great feel good records. This one's a blinder. The band look like extras from The Muppets, in a nice way, obviously.  Digging the horn sections move's.

Big badges.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Possibly a song about suicide, but only T P will ever know, now. I like it that way.

RIP

An anti terrorism song
Great voice
Excellent version
Shame it took your death to bring you to everyone`s attention, again.

RIP

Last edited by zicoslovechild (Sat 03 Feb 2018 2:35 am)

Forget Lone Justice and that Tom Cruise song if you didn`t get the `89 album, get it

Think I saw her in `93, she was just okay.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Saw this lot last Tuesday night at W Ham`s place, saw them at Maine Rd in 1990, to be fair they can still cut it, in their 70`s, but can`t seeing them going on too much longer.

This is the most memorable time I saw them, Jerry Hall came on with a cake to celebrate Micks 39th birthday.

Some others on here might have been at "the other side of the fence" . smile