Re: Alpine Movement tonight

Doing alright, think they're playing soon, possibly the same thing on Friday. Not really my cup of tea, the singer is my mate's wife's brother and played at their wedding. big_smile

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

vAndal supreMe on BCB right now.

Sounding very good.

http://www.bcbradio.co.uk/index.php?mod … sition=2:2

Just heard that The original[well the 3 remaining ] Negatives ,Bradford's finest are to play at a one of gig in London to launch Detour records "Bored teenagers no5" album .it as the 4 tracks they did which were recently found for their 1st ever demo in 78

Where they will be plying for the 1st time in London their well know Bradford anthem
aptly named Bradford

we don't come from Leeds or London ,we don't come from Manchester
were from Bradford ,Bradford ,Bradford
B,R,A,D,F,O.R.D

We don't use our Synthesisers ,we don't sing oi ,oi,oi
Were from Bradford etc

Last edited by soldierant (Fri 24 Jul 2009 1:40 pm)

I like dead musicians ,not live music.

Just out of interest SA - which band do you think is the best to come from Bradford?

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:

Just out of interest SA - which band do you think is the best to come from Bradford?

Smokie .a very underated kind of dross tongue

Did i ever tell you my dad was in this band with a young lad called"The generation gap" they were on the same label as Black lace .
so i have to vote for my dad lol

The Negatives were great

SDC were quite good

Alpine movement i really liked as well ,but different era
NMA probably did the best of them all ,except Ian Astbury but he wasn't proper Bradford

The was this psych band from Wibsey in the 60's  called The Accent who did  a great psych single called "red sky at night " but i know very little else about them .
Gary Cavanough from the 1 in 12 has just released a book about all the bands from Bradford from the 60's to modern day think it's called "in to the valley " or something? he interviewed Accent .
There's gonna be a lot of activity about this book in Bradford in the coming weeks .Gigs, ,photo exhibitons ,cd's etc

soldierant wrote:

Gary Cavanough from the 1 in 12 has just released a book about all the bands from Bradford from the 60's to modern day think it's called "in to the valley " or something? he interviewed Accent .
There's gonna be a lot of activity about this book in Bradford in the coming weeks .Gigs, ,photo exhibitons ,cd's etc

2R's is knocking up the website.  Seen bits.  Loks ace

http://www3.waterstones.com/wat/images/nbd/m/39/9781904408543.jpg

He could do a calendar for it. big_smile

I'd forgotten all about that

that was a classic OMJ thread

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:
soldierant wrote:

2R's is knocking up the website.  Seen bits.  Loks ace

http://www3.waterstones.com/wat/images/ … 408543.jpg

Some told Frizt the cat did all the pics for the book not only that he took pics at all the punk gigs we went to going back to 77 .
I would love to see those
Now where did i put his number ?

Just stumbled across vAndal SuPremE....

I'm enjoying the Myspace tunes.

Not sure I'll make it to the Bingley show or whatever it is but I'll be monitoring their movements from here on in...

Formica is a nice bit of wood

They are a really good band & deserve a break .
Sunshine ^
Do you wanna get down
Satelite
all good songs
Not sure what they have up there on myspce now mind

Have to admit, they've pulled a good move.

Dribbling Greenie or attractive lass in short skirt.

big_smile

Hope things turn out for them. Bingley will be great.

kaydubya wrote:

Have to admit, they've pulled a good move.

Dribbling Greenie or attractive lass in short skirt.

big_smile

Hope things turn out for them. Bingley will be great.

What do you meam"dribbling Greenie or attractive lass in short skirt"

His Greenie back in the band in drag?

Last edited by soldierant (Fri 14 Aug 2009 12:47 pm)

The new co-front person is much more pleasing on the eye.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q140/essdee01/vandal24.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/111/l_f142902afb3b4489bc1376ce34c1b614.jpg

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c … mId=940986

I haven't seen them with this girl so i can't comment
but 1st impressions aren't good

Reminds me of those Naff shows were the host of naff show as a sing in with fellow naff celebrity .
Give me greenie everytime .he lives it for real
wish them well thoiugh but it sounds like it might be a diluted .compromised version of their former selves?

This may be why i hate the pursuit of fame so much
Music & creativity gets lost in the pursuit of it

Last edited by soldierant (Fri 14 Aug 2009 7:55 pm)

Is Greenie a rock star these days then?

Last edited by gorefidel (Fri 14 Aug 2009 7:59 pm)

soldierant wrote:

Reminds me of those Naff shows were the host of naff show as a sing in with fellow naff celebrity .
wish them well thoiugh but it sounds like it might be a diluted .compromised version of their former selves?

different sound alltogether. moved on. She's very good and far from just eye candy.

kaydubya wrote:
soldierant wrote:

different sound alltogether. moved on. She's very good and far from just eye candy.

There entitled to do what ever they like & they may well be better i don't know , although i dought it ?
I just can't figure a lass singing songs like Homeless with any conviction .
I think Grennie wrote a lot of the lyrics ? so those songs are personal to him .To have some lass who probably hasn't got a "scooby do " what the lyrics are about? singing them wont have the same impact .
I imagine there more chart friendly then with this lass in them ?
i feel for Greenie .He must feel let down by what's happened .
He's know some of these lads for years  & to be kicked into touch because some lass goes dump your mate & i'll get you on at Bingley .
I know he as issue's but frienships worth more then this surely ?

Unfortunately it's the present climate me ,me,me fuck every body else .
I would hardly call that lass eye candy ,more candy  .this isn't the same lass  who said she would get them on a t Bingley is it ?
anyway good luck to them .The price of fame is never cheap , or worth t in the long run

Last edited by soldierant (Sat 15 Aug 2009 1:27 am)

good to hear the comments, but... we decided to turn a corner, we were sick of getting shit whenever we played as alpine movement when greeny went. we agree the songs that we did in alpine were good and we used to love doing them, but we are'nt alpine movement anymore.
we were restricted when writting stuff before because the songs were'nt exactly songs when they were brought to us.
now we can do the music we want to do, it's not about selling out and doing music that is more acceptable, we can all put our influences into practice on every track. it's not about having eye candy or anything like that, it's just a different edge, and it works. fair enough greeny still lives it, but we're all in our thirties and we're doing it cos we love it and it's a break from watching shit on t.v. and whatever boring shit comes with been in your thirties. no ones taking it too serious, we just seem to be doing something right. different band altogether now. the alpine days were a good blast, but it's just not us anymore. some people might not like it but alpine movement and the good memories are in the past.

alpinemovement01 wrote:

good to hear the comments, but... we decided to turn a corner, we were sick of getting shit whenever we played as alpine movement when greeny went. we agree the songs that we did in alpine were good and we used to love doing them, but we are'nt alpine movement anymore.
we were restricted when writting stuff before because the songs were'nt exactly songs when they were brought to us.
now we can do the music we want to do, it's not about selling out and doing music that is more acceptable, we can all put our influences into practice on every track. it's not about having eye candy or anything like that, it's just a different edge, and it works. fair enough greeny still lives it, but we're all in our thirties and we're doing it cos we love it and it's a break from watching shit on t.v. and whatever boring shit comes with been in your thirties. no ones taking it too serious, we just seem to be doing something right. different band altogether now. the alpine days were a good blast, but it's just not us anymore. some people might not like it but alpine movement and the good memories are in the past.

Fair play ! Good  responce .nice to hear it from the horse's mouth for a change .
wish the band well ,hoping to catch the new lineup at some point .
You could sneak Greenie on stage at Bingley as a fair well .knowing him though he'll probably fall off it lol
Your obviously one of the band , which one ?
You can PM me if you want ?

Last edited by soldierant (Thu 20 Aug 2009 8:14 pm)

it's chris mate, dont know if he would if we asked him. out of respect for him and the stuff he wrote, we changed the name and wrote all new stuff. it's only fair on him. not seen him in ages, or heard from him. would be funny to get him on, after all we might have changed the band and that, but he was one of the originals.

All power to yer elbow.

Once you get into your thirties these days, I don't think you can be really be accused of seeking fame and fortune-cos the harsh truth, it isn't going to happen!
Better though to be making music, enjoying performing, building up a bit of an audience and basically, having a laugh...

On the plus side, I think the recent success of bands like Doves and Elbow and the continued existence of my own favourites, SFA, proves that there's a good market for grown-up groups.. as much as I loved it, I don't want to be playing Stone Roses, Mondays, Dexy's, New Order for the rest of my life- I want to keep experiencing new stuff, preferably made by people who've reached a similar stage in their existence.

I like the stuff I've heard, good luck in your new venture... if your ever looking for a silver-haired Bez type, I'm available most evenings..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

alpinemovement01 wrote:

it's chris mate, dont know if he would if we asked him. out of respect for him and the stuff he wrote, we changed the name and wrote all new stuff. it's only fair on him. not seen him in ages, or heard from him. would be funny to get him on, after all we might have changed the band and that, but he was one of the originals.

Hi Chris! Haven't seen you since Toyko's been really busy so i haven't been able to catch up with what you've been doing since then .
It seems a bit drastic to dump all the old songs  .There was some great songs there ,but you know i loved the band
Be interesting to hear the new stuff

I have seen Greenie a couple of times .He's really missing the  band .The last time i saw him he asked me get in touch with the band just to tell them that he's been off the gear a month .I contacted Hami but never got a reply .
He was desperate to be at Bingley .It's only my view ,but it would be a great way to make a clean break Out with the old  & start the new band. Mind you if your doing all new songs Greenie wont know them?
Maybe the Encore ?
Then Hopefully  it will end Amicably ?

Only just caught up with this thread. My missus told me about Vandal Supreme recently as the lass in it is her hairdresser. Small world!
Heard they'd won some battle of the bands thing and are doing the Bingley Fest so hope to catch them there.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

gorefidel wrote:

Is Greenie a rock star these days then?

Must have missed this one
No this is City Greenie were on about not Leeds Greenie

Greenie in a band singin Luthur van DROSS cover versions lol