Topic: Alan 'Sniffer' Clarke

(1) Onemickjones.com From all your years at Leeds what would you say is your most                                
memorable moment?   Good or Bad                               

"TOO MANY GOOD MEMORIES TO MENTION"                               

(2) Onemickjones.com Who are your all time favourite Leeds players to have pulled on                               
the white shirt?                               

" BILLY BREMNER"                               

(3) Onemickjones.com If Simon Grayson came to you today and said 'Alan who do I need                                
to sign to get us out of this division this year?'  Who would you say?                               

"HE HAS THE SQUAD TO GET US PROMOTION THIS SEASON"                               

(4) Onemickjones.com The 'Clough era' has reared its ugly head again.   Without going into                               
that specifically who do you feel should have been appointed to succeed Don Revie?                               

"JOINT MANAGERS - BILLY BREMNER AND JOHNNY GILES"                               

(5) Onemickjones.com Talking of the Clough era again what did you think of your depiction                               
(played by Alex Harker) in the recent film'The Damned United?                               

"I NEVER SAW HIM"                               

(6) Onemickjones.com It seems an eternity ago now but Leeds saw a resurgence in success                               
both domestically and on the European fronts when the Ridsdale reqime pumped all those                               
millions into the Club only to see it crumble away.   Did you agree with the investment                               
and do you feel that it could have been sustained had it been better managed both on and                               
off the pitch?                               

"I FEEL VERY ANGRY THAT THE CLUB GOT INTO SO MUCH DEBT"                               

(7) Onemickjones.com Everyone I speak to knows and respects you for how passionate you                               
still are for Leeds United.   But what are you really feeling when you are down at Elland Road                               
on a Saturday afternoon, surrounded by all those memories yet watching Division 3 football                               
week in week out?                               

"VERY SAD BUT DELIGHTED THAT WE STILL HAVE A CLUB TO SUPPORT AFTER WHAT WENT ON                               
ABOVE"                               

(8) Onemickjones.com Do you realistically think, given the way football has changed                               
financially over the past couple of decades, that Leeds could ever see itself back as a top                               
four Premiership side?                               

"I TRULY BELIEVE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE"                               

(9) Onemickjones.com Fans are divided over Alan Smith and his move from Elland Road over                               
the Pennines to THAT other club (I can't  even bring myself to say it).   What are your thoughts                               
on this and would you have made the same trip yourself if you had been offered it?                               

" I WAS DISAPPOINTED WHEN HE SIGNED FOR THEM.   I TURNED THEM DOWN IN 1968 WHEN                                
I WENT TO LEICESTER CITY"                               

(10) One mickjones.com If a Club (not necessarily Leeds) approached you now to go back into                               
Managemenrt would you?                               

"NO.   I HAVE RETIRED AND I AM ENJOYING LIFE"                               

(11) Onemickjones.com I can remember the family atmosphere attached to Leeds and                               
Elland Road all those years ago.   You would go into the West Stand Car Park and all the                               
players would be there signing autographs and mingling with the fans after their training                               
sessions.   Now they are miles away behind closed doors at Thorpe Arch.   Do you feel that                               
trying to restore the family club to Leeds possibly by the redevelopment of Fullerton Park                               
and its return as the main training ground would be a way forward or should we stay at                               
Thorpe Arch?                               

"AS A PLAYER IT WAS WONDERFUL TO REPORT TO ELLAND ROAD FOR TRAINING EVERYDAY"                               

(12) If you could make one Rule change to football as it stands at the moment what would                               
it be?                               

"THERE HAVE BEEN ENOUGH CHANGES"                               

RIGHT THEN - THAT'S THE MUNDANE FOOTBALLING QUESTIONS OUT OF THE WAY NOW ONTO                               
YOURSELF                               

(13) Onemickjones.com  What is your favourite meal?   And by the way did you go and have a                               
full English breakfast at the cafe opposite Elland Road when you played for Leeds.                               

"SUNDAY ROAST"                               
"WENT TO THE CAFE OFTEN BUT NEVER HAD A BREAKFAST"                               

(14) Onemickjones.com  And what is your favourite drink?                               

"WHITE WINE"                               

(15) Onemickjones.com  And your favourite film of all timne?                               

"633 SQUADRON"                               

(16) Onemickjones.com  I can remember my dads excitement when you signed Peter Barnes                               
Not because of the player but the fact that he loved james Last and would lend my dad loads                               
of albumns.   What/Who is your favourite singer, band, music?                               

"JACK JONES"                               

(17) Onemickjones.com  Have you ever had the wish to own an allotment?   And if so what                               
would you grow on it?                               

"NO.   THE GARDEN AT HOME IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME"                               

(18) Onemickjones.com  The 'other' Mick Jones we worship on Onemickjones.com was a                                
member of the group The Clash.   Do you know anything about The Clash?                               

"NO"                               

(19) Onemickjones.com  And a couple of questions that will appeal to the Japanese based                               
members of Onemickjones .com   Do you eat Sushi and do you practice Feng Shui?                               

"NO ON BOTH COUNTS"                               

(20) Onemickjones.com  And now one for the contingent of Welsh  that come onto the web                               
site.   Who, John Charles apart, do you feel is/was the greatest Welsh footballer?                               

"CLIFF JONES (TOTTENHAM)"                               

(21)  Onemickjones.com  And, finally, the 64 million dollar question.   Is it a ginnel or a                                
snicket?   You see we debate some right stuff on Onemickjones.com                               

"GINNEL"

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Re: Alan 'Sniffer' Clarke

love question 11

50 word question and you can tell he stopped listening halfway through lol

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

Nice one Heyho big_smile

BTW, he sould have signed James Last, not Peter Barnes.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Good work Heyho.

One of Clarke's suggestions was Scunny and Hull fans having a huge celebration together on the Humber Bridge when they both got promoted in the early 80's. Strangely this never happened.

Site stalwart.

Bit controversial isn't he lol

Nice one.

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

I've spent a lot of time in Sniffer's company, he's usually a little more forthcoming..

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Good stuff. Love the fact that his replies are capped-up so you read it like he's shouting.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Excellent heyho.
As a kid he was my biggest hero, pity he got the last question wrong.;)

________________________________________________________________________________

Ginnel.  I keep telling you.

Eating tofu and hating it.

zicoslovechild wrote:

Excellent heyho.
As a kid he was my biggest hero

Mine too, shame he was such a shite manager.

He was a bit non commital for me - like fav Fish and chip shop, best pies, teacakes - do the currents stick in your teeth?

Bit nice fella

No mention of Peter Barnes? Cop out.

Woo hoo hoo

Does he still resemble a much healthier version of Mark E Smith?

"We are The Fall"

Cliff Jones was some player mind...

My old man always says he was our greatest Winger.

'Never ever forget what the Tories did to us in Wales...they are lower than vermin' Nye Bevan.

Young Marxist at Tescos wrote:

Does he still resemble a much healthier version of Mark E Smith?

I saw him in that millennium suite shed thing over the other side of Lowfields Road towards the end of last season and yeah he does.:D

Better singer though

No mention of the woofter story?

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Should have asked if he was in favour of public floggings.

Riot? What riot?

Last edited by The Last Waltz (Thu 17 Sep 2009 11:47 am)

I spent  a brilliant  afternoon with clarkey whilst at the club on business, I say business, I did fuck all while he just reeled off the stories, especially about  the Bayern final, which he maintains we were cheated out of:
" Beckenbauer came up after the game and said  he was sorry; he fouled me and it was a pen, said 'you'd have won the game after that,'  The ref had been given a Rolex or similar by the Bayern board, it was a done deal.We never had chance.'
Didn't ask him about clough, too much in awe. But U recall he dropped him into midfield and was seen as a favourite -sorry I missed the call for questions.

A few years back I saw him at a game, traffic stopped- he was in the middle of elland road surrounded by about 50 people and ran up thinking he was getting attacked; nope, he was telling anecdotes, saying how we should play and writing autographs  10 mins before kick off.

You can't buy class like that. Still looked like he'd give you a whack if you had a go.

Contains moderate violence and sustained threat.

I stil dont know the other mick jones and his Clash either =p

Mokhtar Dahari Forever wrote:

I stil dont know the other mick jones and his Clash either =p

See?  It's not just me.  Someone else thinks there is two mick joneses.  It's on the logon page.  You can see two pictures!  Why won't you all listen to me?  There are two!!!

Eating tofu and hating it.