Topic: Alan 'Sniffer' Clarke
(1) Onemickjones.com From all your years at Leeds what would you say is your most
memorable moment? Good or Bad
"TOO MANY GOOD MEMORIES TO MENTION"
(2) Onemickjones.com Who are your all time favourite Leeds players to have pulled on
the white shirt?
" BILLY BREMNER"
(3) Onemickjones.com If Simon Grayson came to you today and said 'Alan who do I need
to sign to get us out of this division this year?' Who would you say?
"HE HAS THE SQUAD TO GET US PROMOTION THIS SEASON"
(4) Onemickjones.com The 'Clough era' has reared its ugly head again. Without going into
that specifically who do you feel should have been appointed to succeed Don Revie?
"JOINT MANAGERS - BILLY BREMNER AND JOHNNY GILES"
(5) Onemickjones.com Talking of the Clough era again what did you think of your depiction
(played by Alex Harker) in the recent film'The Damned United?
"I NEVER SAW HIM"
(6) Onemickjones.com It seems an eternity ago now but Leeds saw a resurgence in success
both domestically and on the European fronts when the Ridsdale reqime pumped all those
millions into the Club only to see it crumble away. Did you agree with the investment
and do you feel that it could have been sustained had it been better managed both on and
off the pitch?
"I FEEL VERY ANGRY THAT THE CLUB GOT INTO SO MUCH DEBT"
(7) Onemickjones.com Everyone I speak to knows and respects you for how passionate you
still are for Leeds United. But what are you really feeling when you are down at Elland Road
on a Saturday afternoon, surrounded by all those memories yet watching Division 3 football
week in week out?
"VERY SAD BUT DELIGHTED THAT WE STILL HAVE A CLUB TO SUPPORT AFTER WHAT WENT ON
(8) Onemickjones.com Do you realistically think, given the way football has changed
financially over the past couple of decades, that Leeds could ever see itself back as a top
four Premiership side?
"I TRULY BELIEVE THAT IT IS POSSIBLE"
(9) Onemickjones.com Fans are divided over Alan Smith and his move from Elland Road over
the Pennines to THAT other club (I can't even bring myself to say it). What are your thoughts
on this and would you have made the same trip yourself if you had been offered it?
" I WAS DISAPPOINTED WHEN HE SIGNED FOR THEM. I TURNED THEM DOWN IN 1968 WHEN
I WENT TO LEICESTER CITY"
(10) One mickjones.com If a Club (not necessarily Leeds) approached you now to go back into
Managemenrt would you?
"NO. I HAVE RETIRED AND I AM ENJOYING LIFE"
(11) Onemickjones.com I can remember the family atmosphere attached to Leeds and
Elland Road all those years ago. You would go into the West Stand Car Park and all the
players would be there signing autographs and mingling with the fans after their training
sessions. Now they are miles away behind closed doors at Thorpe Arch. Do you feel that
trying to restore the family club to Leeds possibly by the redevelopment of Fullerton Park
and its return as the main training ground would be a way forward or should we stay at
"AS A PLAYER IT WAS WONDERFUL TO REPORT TO ELLAND ROAD FOR TRAINING EVERYDAY"
(12) If you could make one Rule change to football as it stands at the moment what would
"THERE HAVE BEEN ENOUGH CHANGES"
RIGHT THEN - THAT'S THE MUNDANE FOOTBALLING QUESTIONS OUT OF THE WAY NOW ONTO
(13) Onemickjones.com What is your favourite meal? And by the way did you go and have a
full English breakfast at the cafe opposite Elland Road when you played for Leeds.
"WENT TO THE CAFE OFTEN BUT NEVER HAD A BREAKFAST"
(14) Onemickjones.com And what is your favourite drink?
(15) Onemickjones.com And your favourite film of all timne?
(16) Onemickjones.com I can remember my dads excitement when you signed Peter Barnes
Not because of the player but the fact that he loved james Last and would lend my dad loads
of albumns. What/Who is your favourite singer, band, music?
(17) Onemickjones.com Have you ever had the wish to own an allotment? And if so what
would you grow on it?
"NO. THE GARDEN AT HOME IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME"
(18) Onemickjones.com The 'other' Mick Jones we worship on Onemickjones.com was a
member of the group The Clash. Do you know anything about The Clash?
(19) Onemickjones.com And a couple of questions that will appeal to the Japanese based
members of Onemickjones .com Do you eat Sushi and do you practice Feng Shui?
"NO ON BOTH COUNTS"
(20) Onemickjones.com And now one for the contingent of Welsh that come onto the web
site. Who, John Charles apart, do you feel is/was the greatest Welsh footballer?
"CLIFF JONES (TOTTENHAM)"
(21) Onemickjones.com And, finally, the 64 million dollar question. Is it a ginnel or a
snicket? You see we debate some right stuff on Onemickjones.com
"Well so could anyone"