Topic: Questions for Jah Wobble and Alistair MacGowan please

Questions for Jah Wobble and Alistair MacGowan please

not together obviously

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

Re: Questions for Jah Wobble and Alistair MacGowan please

Ask Alistair MacGowan if anyone can do an impression of him.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Harvest wrote:

Ask Alistair MacGowan if anyone can do an impression of him.

James Martin is good at looking smug

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

david harvey's monkey wrote:

not together obviously

Isn't MacGowan a Leeds fan? or have I misheard?

yes, thats why we're interviewing him

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

yes, thats why we're interviewing him

You mean like Kevin Cummings?

gorefidel wrote:

not together obviously

Isn't MacGowan a Leeds fan? or have I misheard?

Thought he said he used to be a Leeds fan when he was a kid but now supports Coventry.

That's what he said on The One Show anyway.

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/53863,spo … ir-mcgowan

Yeah, he mentioned her as the reason he used to support Leeds, but now supports Cov.

Here you go...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/stor … 60,00.html

lol

Guess it depends on what dvd or book he's flogging!

My teams

Alistair McGowan: Leeds United, Coventry City, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Leicester City, Spurs, Fulham...

Interview by Lee Honeyball
Sunday 1 December 2002
guardian.co.uk

I'm aware that it's shocking behaviour to have supported more than one team. I know it contradicts everything that football fans hold dear, but logic interfered and logic has no part to play in football. Also, it fits in with my job, to be a bit of a turncoat - I'm easily seduced.

The first team I liked was Don Revie's Leeds side in the Seventies. I started supporting them because I'd met someone nice from Leeds. I liked them until things turned violent, then it became something I didn't want to be part of.

Article continues

By the early Eighties I started following Coventry City. It was at a time when I lived in the Midlands and my father and I would just get up on a Saturday morning and decide who to go and watch. More often than not it was Coventry and I ended up following them for about 10 years. I moved to London in the mid-Nineties and eventually I just stopped because I lost touch with the players. So I started watching whatever game I fancied.

After quite liking Crystal Palace for a while I ended up following Norwich. They were playing good football at the time so I used to watch them whenever they came to London. I went to Carrow Road a few times but I didn't buy their shirt or anything. Also, while I was in that area, I sometimes went to watch Ipswich and developed a soft spot for them.

In the late Nineties I lived in Nottingham and started to get work from clubs, including Forest, doing functions. After I did stuff for them I started wanting them to be successful. The same thing happened with Leicester City. I did an impression of Martin O'Neill so they adopted me and I adopted them.

At this time I had another reason for supporting different teams - I got to know some of the players through my work. I once met Chris Armstrong and he was really good at impressions - his Victor Meldrew was brilliant and so was his Steptoe and Son, so naturally I wanted Spurs to do well. Another player who was great at impressions was Dean Saunders, who used to do Brian Clough brilliantly.

Most recently I moved to Fulham so I thought I should start watching them. When two of my teams meet I go for the one that needs the points most. It's logic, it's kindness, it's feminine. I never go for the team with the best-looking players though, like some women do. With me it's all about deep-seated prejudices and emotional connections. Having said that, I've slipped a bit with Fulham recently. Now that they play at Loftus Road they're not really my local team any more so I've stopped watching them. You could say that I'm without a team at the moment, ready to be wooed.

· Alistair McGowan's Big World Cup is out on DVD now

Thank you KW big_smile

It's ok.

Just glad it's ok for me to like him again.

big_smile

At least he isn't a Leeds fan - a fate that befell McGowan by chance when he went on holiday as a four-year-old to Barmouth, north Wales and met an elderly woman called Mrs Drury.

"There's something quixotic in how we choose football teams we're doomed to stay with through the rest of our lives," McGowan told the Guardian. "For me it was this nice lady from Leeds I met on holiday."

McGowan returned home to his Worcestershire village a committed Leeds United fan. He even chose to read English at Leeds University partly because of its closeness to Elland Road

bet he's got a flag hmm

Last edited by Blue Lou Boyle (Wed 28 Oct 2009 1:39 pm)

kaydubya wrote:

It's ok.

Just glad it's ok for me to like him again.

big_smile

Nah, he was an irritating cunt when he was thought to be a Leeds fan. He's alright in character.

Last edited by gorefidel (Wed 28 Oct 2009 1:39 pm)

Blue Lou Boyle wrote:

At least he isn't a Leeds fan - a fate that befell McGowan by chance when he went on holiday as a four-year-old to Barmouth, north Wales and met an elderly woman called Mrs Drury.

"There's something quixotic in how we choose football teams we're doomed to stay with through the rest of our lives," McGowan told the Guardian. "For me it was this nice lady from Leeds I met on holiday."

McGowan returned home to his Worcestershire village a committed Leeds United fan. He even chose to read English at Leeds University partly because of its closeness to Elland Road

bet he's got a flag hmm

Several probably. He's an ultra.

ask him if he can do the whole interview in Trevor Brooking mode

Jah Wobble.

What's your favourite jar? Mine's the new Branston Pickle one.

kaydubya wrote:

Jah Wobble.

What's your favourite jar? Mine's the new Branston Pickle one.

I'd ask him if he likes Country Life butter

I thought the Jah was the commonised pronunciation of Yah as they all went to Kings College, London Uni dontcha know, what

Dirty drop outs those intellectuals.

To both of them.

Try some of these from honk on another board:

What would the perfect day involve for you?

When was the best year of your life, and why?

When did you last eat a new food and what as it? Was it worth the wait?

When did you last do something new? What was it?

Which celebrity do you suspect has the strangest genitalia?

When was the last time you were naked in public?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

To McGowan.. 

Did you go to School/University with anyone (else) famous?

Have you ever accidentally walked out of a shop without paying for something and then thought "I'll never be able to do Richard Madley again?"

Seeing as he went to Leeds Uni can we ask for his position on the Ginnel v Snicket conundrum?

How many times in interviews have you been asked to hand over Ronnie Ancona's phone number and is it still funny?  If yes, can we have Ronnie Ancona's phone number for spacecadetdave?

To either...  when you are at home and dining alone do you still use the proper cutlery even though noone is looking?

What was the last CD/Album you listened to from start to finish?

Bowie albums.   Ziggy Stardust or Hunky Dory?

Eating tofu and hating it.

To Jah Wobble...  I lost a Nike sports bag with a change of clothes, a wallet and some beer in while watching their performance at the Reading festival the best part of 20 years ago.

He hasn't seen it lying around anywhere has he?

Eating tofu and hating it.

To both:

What do you want for Christmas?

What album could you not live without?

Last text message received?

Last person you called a cunt?

Did Jah Wobble ever have any big football-related rows with Lydon, given that one's Tottenham and the other's Arsenal? (And is that maybe why he's not appearing on the new Pil dates?)

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

To Jah wobble,is your middle name "Weebles"?

Throw those curtains wide,just one day like this a year would see me right.

To John:

Why morals over money?

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.