Topic: Bradford 'least attractive city for visitors'

Bradford 'least attractive city for visitors'

It has been revealed that Bradford in Yorkshire is the city travellers least want to visit as it is deemed "dangerous, ugly and boring".

Another Yorkshire town, Wakefield, was considered the next least-attractive place for visitors as it was "dull and depressing", according to a poll of 5,000 people conducted by hotel company Travelodge.

Other locations high on the do-not-visit list were Dundee (due to bad weather there), Sunderland (nothing to offer with dislikeable local accents) and Newport in South Wales, which was seen as having a high crime rate.

London led the list of the most-visited cities as well being the city most Britons were planning to visit this year. The next most-visited cities were Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh and York.

Jane Glaister, Bradford Council's strategic director for culture, tourism and sport, said: "Bradford is a great city to visit. It's home to the National Media Museum, the most visited museum outside London and host to the nationally acclaimed Bradford Film Festival. "Also, Bradford has recently been designated as Unesco City of Film - the only city in the world to achieve this designation."

These were the least visited towns and cities in the UK:

1. Bradford

2. Wakefield

3. Dundee

4. Sunderland

5. Newport

6. St David's

7. Wells

8. Ely

9. Ripon

10. Lichfield

Wakefield 'dull and depressing' - what at 1am on a Saturday morning with boob tubes aplenty

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

Re: Bradford 'least attractive city for visitors'

That list is bollocks. They should look at the area. It seems more about people who stay at Travelodges. And excludes daytrippers.

There are loads worse places than Bratfud. Some of them in London.

heyho wrote:

Wakefield 'dull and depressing' - what at 1am on a Saturday morning with boob tubes aplenty

Do you mind!  That's my daughter you're talking about.  Probably.

"We are The Fall"

Wakefield and Bradford towns?

I stopped reading after that.

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

What a pile of shite.

[After London] The next most-visited cities were Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh

Being large cities and major centres of commerce , it's hardly surprising that they were the most visited. There's not much in the way of attractions to get you to visit Birmingham otherwise. Having lived there for over a decade, and while the majority of the wife's family are still there, I try and avoid the place like the plague.

St David's a lovely place to visit. I'm sure a lot more people would go if it weren't stuck in the furthermost corner of South West Wales and took an age to get to via crappy A and B roads.

I can think of a lot worse places than Wells, Ripon and Lichfield too. Have they never heard of Slough?

There basing it on who visits their Travelodges. Like the one in Ely is out by a bypass, next to a petrol station and opposite an industrial estate. Or you can go into Cambridge about 8 miles on. Same thing with Wells. They are both day tripper land and people then head off to the bigger place with more stuff just down the road.

Dundee is quite nice once you get there

Ripon always conjures up memories of Theakstons.

Human kindness is overflowing

Cutsyke wrote:

Ripon always conjures up memories of Theakstons.

Just like Darlo reminds me of dog shit

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.ph … p;view=all

[i]Freak out, Sugar! Come with us to Grantham[/i]

Bradford 'least attractive city for visitors'

just read the headline of this thread, can we stop having threads stating the obvious please.

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

Some decent snaps there

To be someone must be a wonderful thing
A famous footballer or a rock singer

When I first moved to Bradford from Northern Ireland, I wondered why these islands were called "Great" Britain as it was shite. It was only after a few years had gone by and I visited other parts of the country that I got to like the place.

These days, the fact that I have a BD19 postcode is one of my darkest secrets, told only to folk in far away call centres when negotiating over priced car insurance. If anyone asks, I'm from Leeds.

Just referencing the titles rather than content of this thread - was that based on the look of the city or just the look of Dead Bloke, SoldierAnt, Ad and KW?

http://twitter.com/@sabotagetimes
http://www.sabotagetimes.com/

gorefidel wrote:

Darlo reminds me of

Crematoriums and a frisky cousin

#DoTheDai \o/

king of the slums wrote:
gorefidel wrote:

Darlo reminds me of

Crematoriums and a frisky cousin

My first older affair, she was 30, I was 24...

Take off hosers ...

I hear Queensbury is nice, quitessential black stone I am given to understand.

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

Big Society wrote:

Where's Peter Barnes gone?

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

old yeadonian wrote:
Big Society wrote:

Where's Peter Barnes gone?

Probably the same as when he played for us. Alone on the wing.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"