Topic: The Packhorse [Briggate] is no more

Shut for good it seems.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Re: The Packhorse [Briggate] is no more

Shame. Can't say I've been in it much recently but it wasn't a bad place. Decent juke box as welland none of the 'I know my beer so please keep quiet lad' types of the Whitelocks fraternity.

Went in a lot during my adolescence.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

heyho wrote:

Shame. Can't say I've been in it much recently but it wasn't a bad place. Decent juke box as welland none of the 'I know my beer so please keep quiet lad' types of the Whitelocks fraternity.

Went in a lot during my adolescence.

Going in Whitelocks tomorrow night Heyho, and I have NEVER been known to utter anything about knowing my beer lol

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

£3.65 for a pint of Guiness in The Packhorse.  Holy Shit.

christ i didn't know the PackHorse had shut down sad  (i don't get into town much these days the 'pipe and slippers' have set in unfortunately) that was a usual 'first pub meet up' for me when i went into town and always found a nice pint in there (lager i'm afraid lads tried bitter once and tasted like shite lol)

Town has changed so much for my liking (and it costs the earth for a pint as well,me and the missus went into town a few weeks back for a chinese buffet and we went to Yates on Boar Lane....£5.86 (give or take a few pence) for a pint of...get this....Fosters and a half with black current for the lady:rolleyes:  bloody con artists:lol:

We went in what was the Hogshead (can't remember what its called now) and for the same drinks....£3.50 (give or take a few pence) roll

Last edited by Russ J (Thu 28 Apr 2011 9:51 pm)

Went in today, first time in about 15 years. Seemed ok.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Good review Harvest.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.