Topic: Bars in supermarkets

Absolutley tip top idea that should have been mentioned before. Not the cafe or the restaurant - although I can handle that - but the bar by the checkouts where you can sit and hide from the hassle with a nice cool drink and a snack while the missus goes off on shopping challenge.

Pinnacle of civilisation if you ask me.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

You could sup a can on the way round. You see plenty munching on chicken nuggets or sausage rolls in the aisles. Do they pay for it? Having said that I shoplift so I can't really talk.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Need to chew on ice at the same time and sit in a trolley to get the same effect. She'd moan.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Craetine speak easys in the sports paraphernalia isle. That's the future.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

If you have a spoonface and feel the need to improve.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Be aware of and then connect with your target audience. I could retire at 40.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Invented the time machine a well, eh?

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Slip of the pinkie. Like.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

gorefidel wrote:

Absolutley tip top idea that should have been mentioned before. Not the cafe or the restaurant - although I can handle that - but the bar by the checkouts where you can sit and hide from the hassle with a nice cool drink and a snack while the missus goes off on shopping challenge.

Pinnacle of civilisation if you ask me.

They have fancy ones in the likes of Selfridges  in that there but I don't see any problem with the bib four just bolting a boozer on the arse end of their shops and wiping the floor with the big pubcos.  The market is ripe for it.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Carreforre in Spain near my folks, have a fine big one.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

l.q.navarro. wrote:

Carreforre in Spain near my folks, have a fine big one.

French hypermarkets, I could spend hours in them

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Toronto Ted wrote:
l.q.navarro. wrote:

Carreforre in Spain near my folks, have a fine big one.

French hypermarkets, I could spend hours in them

And that's just trying to find the fucking eggs. And the bottom shelves are all covered in dogs piss where they let the little darlings in. Too big, too pointless. They have them over here as well (without the dogs piss) and they're a fucking nightmare. By the time you get to the checkout you've lost the will to live. Mercadona is cheaper and better.

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Remember going to one as a kid, '78-'79, couldn't believe the place, toys, bikes, cooking food in-store, tents set up on display, they had a car in the entrance bit. Biggest we had was the old Pudsey Asda.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Carrefor Planets in Spain are ace. Shit in France - they have proper cafes in France like a down market El Cortes Ingles.

The Carrefor has the pucker bar just there with the hyperactive bar staff and the different tapa's odd and sods that goes with the tubo. And they go round corners so you can hide from the rest of the family on a nag. *bliss*

The Al Campo is alright as well, equally mad. They've got rid of the bit that had car tyres fro sale in the middle of the store, which is a shame, but still got the 35ft inflatable paddling pools that are 7ft deep.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

It would never work....or if it did take off it would be the new social distinction level, plebs boozing in Lido, snots slipping in Sainsburys, escaped Yorkies and media whores consuming in Waitrose.....

Gore would be at the Morrisionsweatherspoon....

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Big Society wrote:

It would never work....or if it did take off it would be the new social distinction level, plebs boozing in Lido, snots slipping in Sainsburys, escaped Yorkies and media whores consuming in Waitrose.....

Gore would be at the Morrisionsweatherspoon....


The way Pubco's rip off everyone there is an opportunity.  That big mulletted geezer from Wetherspoons is doiong his best as are a few other smaller chains but the likes of Ebnterprise Inns are borderline crooked in how they run their businesses.

Peopkle thinkt hat price is the only way to keep scrotes out but you just need strong landlords and you'd get more of them if they could make a decent living.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Big Society wrote:

It would never work....or if it did take off it would be the new social distinction level, plebs boozing in Lido, snots slipping in Sainsburys, escaped Yorkies and media whores consuming in Waitrose.....

Gore would be at the Morrisionsweatherspoon....


The way Pubco's rip off everyone there is an opportunity.  That big mulletted geezer from Wetherspoons is doiong his best as are a few other smaller chains but the likes of Ebnterprise Inns are borderline crooked in how they run their businesses.

Peopkle thinkt hat price is the only way to keep scrotes out but you just need strong landlords and you'd get more of them if they could make a decent living.

What he said but from my keyboard and not a phone tongue

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

old codger wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
Big Society wrote:

It would never work....or if it did take off it would be the new social distinction level, plebs boozing in Lido, snots slipping in Sainsburys, escaped Yorkies and media whores consuming in Waitrose.....

Gore would be at the Morrisionsweatherspoon....


The way Pubco's rip off everyone there is an opportunity.  That big mulletted geezer from Wetherspoons is doing his best as are a few other smaller chains but the likes of Enterprise Inns are borderline crooked in how they run their businesses.

People think that price is the only way to keep scrotes out but you just need strong landlords and you'd get more of them if they could make a decent living.

What he said but from my keyboard and not a phone tongue

I can't even blame the phone, it's just shit typing.  Sorted now.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Tue 07 Aug 2012 1:39 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Bars in supermarkets

Oops, wasn't having a go, honest.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

Share