Re: Midnight Bell

In bell for lunch, leeds pale floweth.

Fishfinger sandwich with chunky chips and caper alioli.

Washed down with 2 pints of Leeds Pale, a third and I'd be hanging out of the office window shouting obsenities at the passing prozzies. 5.30 is a long way off.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 21 Oct 2011 2:07 pm)

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

Midnight Bell on Jamies Britain C4 tonight at 9.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

placidcasual wrote:

Midnight Bell on Jamies Britain C4 tonight at 9.

Thats it fucked then.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

It didn't name it, just mentioned Leeds Brewery.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Midnight Bell

The curse of the man with the lips too big for his head strikes again.


After half an hour wait the lads chicken burger turns up - fuck all chicken, massive onion ring and half a cabbage all poked on a big stick and dry as fuck. My Yorkshire lamb Lancashire hotpot arrived with the potatoes uncooked on the top.


Manager...who brought the fuckers over, after I asked the mute waitress if they'd managed the catch the lamb yet, hadn't even bothered to look at what he was serving and then agreed the chicken burger was basically chicken free.


No offer to replace or alternative or very bothered... we're very busy and popular despite Jamie. Didn't give a fuck.


Enjoy the moment you bearded cunt as its going down.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

gorefidel wrote:

Yorkshire lamb Lancashire hotpot

That sounds like an incident just waiting to happen...

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

I'm in the Midnight bell before or after (Or both) most home games, I like the pub, I like the ale. Its a good spot to sit out the back on a sunny day.

However, I have eaten there only once and I too had the chicken burger, it was awful, very dry, like something out of a tesco basics wrapper and served on a miniscule chopping board with about three soggy chips, jenga style.

I always thought the food looked good watching other people eat it.

BATES OUT.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

I like it in there, always generally go in before the game. The food I have had before in there was decent as well, if a bit pricey for what it is.


Just this time it was shit, which happens. It was the attitude that really bugged me though. It stank. Rather than get into a row, we just left  and the fish and chips were ace at the chippy we ended up at.


Shame to see them get  full of themselves and stop doing the basics.

Last edited by gorefidel (Mon 23 Jan 2012 2:21 pm)

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

gorefidel wrote:

I like it in there, always generally go in before the game. The food I have had before in there was decent as well, if a bit pricey for what it is.


Just this time it was shit, which happens. It was the attitude that really bugged me though. It stank. Rather than get into a row, we just left  and the fish and chips were ace at the chippy we ended up at.


Shame to see them get  full of themselves and stop doing the basics.

It was the ginna lad managing on Saturday right ? He's normally sound to be honest, a couple of the lasses are a bit aloof for their own good.

BATES OUT.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

Yeah, and he has been sound in the past. Got the impression he was under pressure, he got arsey very quickly - but I didn't bite for once although I did start getting sarcastic when he came on a bit pompous (I suppose asking him if he'd changed his name to Jamie didn't help) . Was just pissed off he didn't offer sort the lad out to be honest.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

From my impressions of last Saturday (part hazy) its a pub that I'd enjoy sitting upstairs in when quiet and downstairs in when with a few mates. The Fish and Chips looked massive.....Beer fine, service ok, age of bar staff borderline.

Anything over 13th shows Brian McDermott is a miracle worker.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

Big Society wrote:

From my impressions of last Saturday (part hazy) its a pub that I'd enjoy sitting upstairs in when quiet and downstairs in when with a few mates. The Fish and Chips looked massive.....Beer fine, service ok, age of bar staff borderline.

Found it ok..but wouldn't particularly rush back unless it was a decent day for sitting outside.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

Three quid a pint when they brew there own beer, no thanks.

The fish and chips looked tempting though.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

Foxy Dread wrote:

Three quid a pint when they brew there own beer, no thanks.

The fish and chips looked tempting though.

big_smile foods very hit and miss. Avoid the chicken burger.

Mind you what do I know, I drink cider in there.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

The Guinnesss was rank, as bad as I've had it, anywhere and that includes dodgy nightclubs at 2am.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Re: Midnight Bell

Mol wrote:

The Guinnesss was rank, as bad as I've had it, anywhere and that includes dodgy nightclubs at 2am.

Had a couple myself,but after drinking 3 pints of the shite served at the bar in the ground,the Guiness in the Bell was like nectar!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Share

Re: Midnight Bell

Bunch in tomorrow pre-game for a poster's birthday if any fancy it. I wanted The Vic.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.