Topic: R4 Cards for Nintendo DS

Have got my daughter a 2nd hand DS for her birthday, and was given a link to a site based in China to buy an R4 card to copy games on to. All a bit dodgy, (they're illegal to sell in the UK) but was assured it was all fairly safe n simple.
Several weeks later - no sign of the card and their website is down.

Anyone got one of these cards or know somewhere I can buy one quickly without risk of a scam?

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Re: R4 Cards for Nintendo DS

If it is these sites which set up around christmas offering 30 games on a card for like £30 or so.  I looked at it but the sites never finalised a transaction if you selected the PayPal option.  That raised my suspicions and I sacked the idea.  I bet they woulod have taken my card details like fuck though.

PayPal has it's knockers (unlike Angelina Jolie it transpires) but it guarantees cast iron protection as they are very pro-buyer.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Stuff from China can take weeks so I wouldn't give up on it just yet.  There is an online shop called DealExtreme that I've used and their customer service is great, The Acekard is supposed to be a bit easier to setup. If you are downloading ROMs make sure you have a good virus checker and pop-up blockers set because some of the sites are riddled with nasties...

Last time i was in halifax there was a ds/games console repair shop that sold them under the counter on the main drag (by the wetherspoonds)

Cheers - some useful advice! It's all new to me this lark. It was for a blank R4 card. I've got a few links for downloads and a You Tube clip on how to copy to it. No fear on the virus score as I'll be doing it from the Mac. It also appears Paypal won't allow any transactions for R4 cards. Probably easier to buy Class A's.
The site I bought from was r4shop.co.uk. Their site was suspended last week. Payment (£13) went through realypay.com who have got some shocking reviews.
The bloke who told me about the site is from Halifax so I might get him to sort me one - I'll look at Deal Extreme for now.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Meh! Turned up in the post this morning. Now I need to buy a frigging SD card to go in it. It's a right palava. Still - just downloaded a ton of games for nowt.