Topic: Aidan Butterworth

Hopefully over the next few months either myself or Goole boy  (if he ever posts on here...) will be doing an interview with the man whilst enjoying a few shandies at an upcoming game.

It should be before Xmas.

Take off hosers ...

Re: Aidan Butterworth

Look forward to it TT.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

old codger wrote:

Look forward to it TT.

That should have said... I need some questions to ask him lol

or more subtly ... do you lot have anything you want to ask him.

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Mon 17 Oct 2011 3:27 pm)

Take off hosers ...

His complete wiki entry is as follows:

Aiden Butterworth (born 7 November 1961 in Leeds) is a retired English football player. He played for Leeds United and Doncaster Rovers. After ending his football career in 1984 he went to work for Adidas.

Recently married Jim's cousin.

So, errrr....

Question 1.  How is Jim these days?

Question 2.  What is your favourite Adidas footy boot?  Did you have a pair of Beckenbauer Supers in the 70s?

Usual stuff about allotments, lamb and Rhino versus Hippo death matches.

Eating tofu and hating it.

spacecadetdave wrote:

Aiden Butterworth (born 7 November 1961 in Leeds) is a retired English football player. He played for Leeds United and Doncaster Rovers. After ending his football career in 1984 he went to work for Adidas.

So, errrr....

Question 2.  What is your favourite Adidas footy boot?  Did you have a pair of Beckenbauer Supers in the 70s?

First question ... Who is Jim ?

Otherwise, thanks for the pointers Dave, i'd forgotten about the death matches.

Take off hosers ...

Stones or Bowie?
Armley or Bramley?
Cod or Haddock?
Peas or Beans?
iPhone or Android?
Iceland or Greenland?
X Factor or Strictly Come Dancing?
Tea or coffee?

And finally....  On a scale of 1 to shit, just how shit is the new Leeds away kit?

Toronto Ted wrote:
spacecadetdave wrote:

So, errrr....

First question ... Who is Jim ?

Otherwise, thanks for the pointers Dave, i'd forgotten about the death matches.

You know...  Jim.  His Mrs cousin Jim.  Good old Jim.  Jimmy lad.  Everyone knows who Jim is.

did he dye his hair and if so does he regret it now (IF he's a baldie), and why the hell didn't he just put the ball in the net against Arsenal that time, tired legs my arse!

Any freebie or discount trainers available from Adidas please too Aiden.

Same shit different banner.
'They were great!  If I could only make out the words they'd be greater.'
'Fuck the recession let's pogo'
Love Leeds, Hate Bates

What did you do at college after leaving Leeds (besides shag birds)?

It's probably a hard question but who was the thickest fucker at leeds at that time?

ER in the 80s and early 90s was said to have a "bear pit atmosphere" - do you think David Batty really shit his pants because of it?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Can you ask him whether Lukic was forced to sit on his own in the dressing room after he allowed Graeme Rix's 500 yard free kick to trickle past him moments after Aidan had scored a last minute of extra time winner v Arsenal in 1983.

The other lad in Toronto met up with him for the game with that lot and said he was sound, he'll need to be with these questions big_smile

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

The other lad in Toronto met up with him for the game with that lot and said he was sound, he'll need to be with these questions big_smile

Did he think our name was on the cup like Clarke said in the 82 cup game at Spurs and was Barnes really that shit?

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

Can you ask him whether Lukic was forced to sit on his own in the dressing room after he allowed Graeme Rix's 500 yard free kick to trickle past him moments after Aidan had scored a last minute of extra time winner v Arsenal in 1983.

part of the transfer deal, probably. Terrible goal mad

Toronto Ted wrote:

Hopefully over the next few months either myself or Goole boy  (if he ever posts on here...) will be doing an interview with the man whilst enjoying a few shandies at an upcoming game.

I'd ask him how he ended up in a cultural desert like Toronto (I often ask myself the same question).

I thought you were off the ale Ted? When my wife was pregnant with our 2nd I swore off beer for the duration. However, I was able to exploit a loophole in that cider doesn't count as beer...

‘I held Suzannah’s hand and told her, “I have to save Leeds United”

LUFC442 wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

I'd ask him how he ended up in a cultural desert like Toronto (I often ask myself the same question).

I thought you were off the ale Ted? When my wife was pregnant with our 2nd I swore off beer for the duration. However, I was able to exploit a loophole in that cider doesn't count as beer...

Desert is being generous big_smile

I am Sir, but when he's born is a different matter. I can only drink 3 pints max nowadays anyway and then Im pissed.

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:
LUFC442 wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

Desert is being generous big_smile

I am Sir, but when he's born is a different matter. I can only drink 3 pints max nowadays anyway and then Im pissed.

When he's born you are totally fucked mate, so dream on wink

I try to avoid the draft beer over here. They sure have a nack for mucking up a decent pint...

‘I held Suzannah’s hand and told her, “I have to save Leeds United”

Wasn't he at Guiseley for a while?

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Hey up Ted. Looking a bit grim outside. I reckon those retards south of the border will still vote Mitt as the waters rise through their webbed toes and fingers. VVYT. Innit.

Used to love watching him play, that shoulder under the Armpit of a defender eight inches taller, followed by the foot going and over he goes. big_smile  Loved chanting no buts it's got to be Butterworth. Decent player, loads of commitment. Shame him and Conner were both short, loved 'em both back then but one of them needed to be taller.

Fascista, Communista, Tory Boy or Labourista, come and view the whole damn vista, om pom push

albert herbert hawkins wrote:

Used to love watching him play, that shoulder under the Armpit of a defender eight inches taller, followed by the foot going and over he goes. big_smile  Loved chanting no buts it's got to be Butterworth. Decent player, loads of commitment. Shame him and Conner were both short, loved 'em both back then but one of them needed to be taller.

They needed to be better mate, sadly they weren`t.
Pele was 5`8 and Maradona 5`5 don`t think Peter Shirtliff or Malcolm Shotton would have been a match for those two.

________________________________________________________________________________

Nor would John Pearson have been worse had he been 5`7".

How could he be.

Foxy Dread wrote:

Nor would John Pearson have been worse had he been 5`7".

How could he be.

John Pearson was 6'3". But when he jumped he was 5'7".

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Was Toronto far enough away to hide from his past?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."