Topic: Two R's Macbook Upgrade

Going to put an SSD into my late 2008 Macbook Pro.

You done yours? Looks easy to fit.

Apparently mine is SATA2 and the SATA3's are backwards compatible?

What's this TRIM thing. And can I launch off a Time Machine backup?

I'LL LEVEL WITH YOU, I'M LOOKING FOR ANSWERS MON...

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Re: Two R's Macbook Upgrade

Never done it, but I've heard it's straight forward.

http://lifehacker.com/5541774/how-to-in … ur-macbook

Looks a damn sight easier than fitting a new screen which I didn't even try - worth paying £160 for someone else to do it right.

Never heard of TRIM - just had to google it..

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/50 … p;tstart=0

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

The hinge on my Macbook has become so loose that the screen flops down quicker than me these days.

The black plastic strip that separates the screen and the unibody side has cracked.

You'tubed tightening the hinge, and it all seems a little bit anger inducing.

Took it into an Apple shrine, looked the fella straight in the eye and told him that it is a design flaw and that in the US they are fixing them.

He checked his knowledge base and told me that I was correct and that they will replace the entire screen side of the shooting match.

The SSD should make it feel like new again.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Good effort. I tried that with a faulty power cable for my Macbook - they're replacing them in the States, but with it being over 4 years old they weren't too keen.

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.

Got the screen/hinge fixed for free and paid a company to clone the HD and fit a 240GB SSD in the optical tray.

Far faster, quieter (none of that optical drive whirr on start up - can have crafty me time in bed without her knowing heheheh) and feels like it did when I first got the bloody thing five years ago.

Mavericks next...