Topic: Graham Cooper

Forgive the trespass but Just wondered what you lot thought of him when he played for you a bit as he's a bit of a mate of mine. Might unite you squabbling fuckers anyroad wink

Re: Graham Cooper

Cult Hero... for his ridiculous mullet, Shabba, his rumoured love of Guinness and some tricky wing play. He signed for the club at a time when we appeared to be in the doldrums, did well for a while, got big love off the fans. Played in Europe for us and helped us record a great away win to knock out Lyngby in Copenhagen. Then he kind of drifted off, like the Western gunslinger of old... I wish him well, respect.

Formica is a nice bit of wood

Early Doors wrote:

Forgive the trespass but Just wondered what you lot thought of him when he played for you a bit as he's a bit of a mate of mine. Might unite you squabbling fuckers anyroad wink

Long black hair, nickname Bancing Brave. He played in the team that just missed out on the playoffs under Dixie McNeil (I think). Wasn't the best passing team tbh but he was a battler with a bit of flair and took decent corners. So yes, to summarise he did a good job for us but not quite good enough to stop the squabbling. smile  Brings back sad memories about losing to Orient in the playoff finals but happy memories about when we just went to the game with lower crowds, moaned about the owners, then went home, relaxed and waited for the next game without all this other crap.

On the field OK one week, shite the next. Flattered to deceive as the cliche goes. We got to the play-off final with him. Sadly at the less than glamerous north London venue Orient; two legs in those days. Fans loved him.

Off the field a real star, really funny, 100% entertainment. Obsessed with horse racing. Remember him telling me how he always sweated off the previous evenings beer in training.

What's he doing now? Didn't he go to play in the US at the fag end of his career?

'Paraguay isn't a country, it's an obsession'  Juan Carlos Herken

Cooper, Cooper, Cooper Man,
Cooper Man, Cooper Man
Cooper, Cooper, Cooper Man,
Cooper, Cooper Man,

Didn't he miss an open goal at Old Trafford in the ECWC too?

Graham now lives in Torquay. He comes up every now and then but I haven’t seen him for a few years. Funnily enough I was talking to his brother today who also hasn’t seen him for years. Also know his mum and dad (a Welshman)

He got a hernia whilst at Wrexham and never really recovered. He went on from there to Halifax and York before playing in Hong Kong not USA. He came back from HK absolutely knackered. He then played for our local amateur side Emley (now Wakefield and Emley) then on to the district league Lepton Highlanders where he started.

He got some right stick for missing that chance against Man U the useless fucking Gypo especially from this general direction. If its any consolation it cost him a shag or two in Johnny night club as i scared a few birds away from him with some fuelled up abuse to him for it.

Leeds fans might remember him playing for Hudders against us at ER. He got the ball wide out left, cut in and rattled the cross bar with a great effort. He always said if that had gone in and they had won the game he’d have been an alcoholic within a year with all the free drinks he’d have got in Hudders Town center where he was a frequent visitor. As it happens it didn’t and they didn’t, so tough. He was/is a top lad and a great lad to be out with, full of fun and life always had time for anyone. Glad you look back reasonably fondly about him. He always had good things to say about his time there

I was a bit bored last night and thought id put grahams name into google as he was a regular in the pub i drank in, in torquay. Last time i had a drink with him was xmas day 2010. He was talking about the ex players reunion game before the first match of the season if i remember right. He was planning on attending and asked if i fancied a drive up. Sadly i moved back oop north so dont know if he made it or not. Top lad, very funny still supping guiness and played for a local team albeit a fair while ago. He was man of the match in a final. search for hele rovers. Black hair has been replaced with a lighter shade.