Topic: The Secret In Their Eyes

Argetinian film that won the Oscar for best foreign language picture - beating A Prophet. Hadn't been given UK release date up until a month ago, so I got meself an Arengtinian import copy with Englsih subtitles - so was feeling very please with meself.

A great film about a retired courtroom clerk who revisits an old case from the 80s. There's a sequence at a football match which is amazing.

Just announced it's coming out in cinemas in the UK in August.

Only ever seen two films from Argentina - and they've both been brilliant. The other was Bonbon El Perro - one of the best films ever made.

Last edited by Postman Not Letterbox (Sat 24 Jul 2010 10:31 am)

People say I'm bonkers - just because I've been sectioned under the Mental Health Act of 1983
http://www.feltham-made-me.com

Re: The Secret In Their Eyes

I watched this last night. I loved it, it's the best film I've seen all year.

It was really dark and morbid but with a few moments of humour. The sequence at the football match was brilliantly done and a couple of the plot twists had me on the edge of my seat.

Go and see this film.

tongue_tied_danny wrote:

I watched this last night. I loved it, it's the best film I've seen all year.

It was really dark and morbid but with a few moments of humour. The sequence at the football match was brilliantly done and a couple of the plot twists had me on the edge of my seat.

Go and see this film.

Saw this last night.  Do as he says. 

Ace film.  Frightening subject matter with some great comedy moments.  [Main character's sidekick is hilarious pisshead]

Rapid flashback scene near the end is the best I've seen since Usual Suspects.

"We are The Fall"

Starts a run on Sky Movies this Friday night for any who've missed it.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Nice one Mol. Will plus it.

This isnt bad for an Argie film, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0247586/

Sky Premiere Sunday 12:00am for those that are interested if not watch sommat else.

Last edited by placidcasual (Tue 31 May 2011 10:37 pm)

I have this movie and it deserves.Very nice directed movie and good to recalling the memories.

I watched for the first time this last night. It's an absolutely brilliant movie; one of the best I've seen for some time. It'll definitely warrent some repeat viewing.

I won't say any more about it as I think Carrick has summed it up superbly.

BBC4 9.50pm tonight. Catch it if you've not seen it.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Top film

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Best film I've seen in ages

fantastic film this.

got to say that I only seem to watch subtitled films now and have done for years. my penchant for collecting foreign films is nearly getting as bad as my cd buying.

a good film from America is a pretty rare thing these days.

their tv is bloody good though, addicted to breaking bad.

on series 4 at moment

Finally got round to watching this.
Great film. At the risk of getting too 'luvvie' all that tension between the prosecutor and his boss was brilliant. A real sense of time lost and pain etc. Brilliant stuff. if you've not seen it, get it on the list.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...