Topic: Ante post non runners

Do you lose your stake?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Re: Ante post non runners

Yes, unless it was for a horse that is declared to run, but cannot get into the race because too many horses are declared. For example, the limit for the race is say 20 runners, 22 horses want to run when the final entries are made, if your horse was one of the two that missed out, you get your money back.

If you backed a horse for cheltenham in the last two weeks just make sure the bookmaker wasn't offering non runner no bet, they start to offer this as the big race gets nearer, usually in the final week.

Nah, first bet in 20 years on the Lincoln, a beer tip  off the owner. One of them sure things.. So I got 40/1 on it for the Lincoln before the trial race ans 11/1 for the trial a week ago, which it blew. Now it looks like it will get pulled.

I now remember why I don't do the horses, basically because I know fuck all.

Seems it was an expensive few beers.

Last edited by gore (Sat 15 Mar 2014 8:19 am)

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Two markets available, Antepost and Antepost non-runner money back. The former gives the best odds, if it doesn't run it's a losing bet. The latter gives conservative but better on the day odds [only offered in the few days leading to the event] but your stake back if it does not run.
Similar confusion with first goalscorer and scorecast bets. If you bet on a first scorer and he doesn't play your stake's returned, if you bet on a scorecast and the player doesn't play it reverts to the match score.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."