Topic: Parental Timer Apps

Daughter has an iPad which I perhaps foolishly bought her for Xmas. It's starting to dominate her life and I want to put some sort of timer on it that will lock her out after a certain time.

Been looking at the KaBoom App which looks OK, but seems to have some limitations.

Anyone recommend one?

Re: Parental Timer Apps

My lads a few weeks away from being 16.

When he's with me (and in this period when exams are looming) I have to take his phone and iPad off him when I go to bed or else he'll be on it all night.

No way is the little devastator getting access to moving images. He can rely on his imagination like his Dad did.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

It's a constant headache.

So there are no apps out there. Probably cos Apple don't want people coming off their drugs

Any use, or too simple?

http://www.theiteachhub.com/timeout-for-ipad/

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

There's one called KerBoom which is essentially the same thing. The problem with all of them is that they operate within a set time frame. I wanna give her two hours a night, but not all in one lump. I want her to be able to pause  when the iPad is shut and then restart when it's opened again.

Take them off them at certain times.   Works for me and mine.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Take them off them at certain times.   Works for me and mine.

Yeah, but I don't wanna be constantly policing them, it becomes a fucking war of attrition

Daughter has had the iPad confiscated off her for three days now due to bad behaviour and it's astonishing the positive change in her. It's like she's got her personality back. Frightening really. They're like fucking crack, these tablets and phones

I need one so my ex doesnt take the the piss out of our "shared" arrangements with the lad.

Thank god my lad still loves rubbish £1 soldiers and just playing.

Got him a tablet for xmas - hardly been used.

He loves a book does the little fella.

It'll go tits up no doubt.

Any info so when he goes on appreciated

Lateral thinking required.

Give them the iPad fully charged after a well behaved day.

Let them gorge on it, running it down to nothing.

Show them the charger. Plug it into the socket letting it charge the tablet to give whatever amount of time you will allow them to go on it.

Place the charger somewhere crafty.

I have stopped looking or checking. Or going on facebook.

Like my old fella, I'd rather not know.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

take the dog for a walk at about 7ish and notice how quiet the streets are.

Is that because kids these days are all sat engrossed,using such equipment or because so many fucking pervs are about (interweb to blame?).

Noticed it the other night...kids don't "play out" anymore.

Quite sad really,when you think about it.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Not tried it cos we all fight over one ipad, but if your kids have their own then this looks to do the job.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/parenta … 77280?mt=8

A man may fight for many things. His country, his friends, his principles, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally, I'd mud-wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock and a sack of French p*rn.