Topic: Gruff Rhys - American Interior

Another gem.

Re: Gruff Rhys - American Interior

Odd Job wrote:

Another gem.

Going to see him on Thursday at Soho Theatre......must get on with playing the album.

Not been the same since Mel Smith died in my opinion
Is he better than Brucie or The Purple Helmet, that's the question

I Wood wrote:

Not been the same since Mel Smith died in my opinion
Is he better than Brucie or The Purple Helmet, that's the question

No idea.  Neither do i know how many instruments he can play and what age he learnt them at or if he's 'funky'.  I like what he does.  If others do, fair play, if they don't, fair play too.

On the list. Fancy seeing the film too.

I still haven't seen his first one. He's great in he. Have the super Furries knocked it for good?

That new Cian Caran album is good. Quite Jesus and Mary chainy.

I am just a common breed

under the arches wrote:

I still haven't seen his first one. He's great in he. Have the super Furries knocked it for good?

That new Cian Caran album is good. Quite Jesus and Mary chainy.

never heard of cian caran, shall be investigating them.

not sure if the furries have called it a day or not. gruff has been pretty prolific hasn't he. i'll be getting the new one

He is the electronic bloke out of the Furries. He has done two solo records now.

An old colleague lent me them. He is a bit of a welsh freedom fighter type, but sound!

I am just a common breed

under the arches wrote:

He is the electronic bloke out of the Furries. He has done two solo records now.

An old colleague lent me them. He is a bit of a welsh freedom fighter type, but sound!

sounds good, cheers

Fair to say it's the first gig I've been to that featured a power point presentation and a puppet.

Concept album about a long lost decendent who went to America in search of a welsh speaking tribe. Rhys retraced his ancestors steps then made an album and a book about his journey. Its a one man accoustic set with Rhys telling the story in his own unique way between songs. 

Very entertaining.