Re: 589

Agree. Wigan were the RL mob daddies. Manc cunts.

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:
gore wrote:
Young Marxist at Tescos wrote:

Work with a kid who reckons that in the 1980s, Widnes had a mob who could have matched most football crews.

I went to a Leeds v Widnes cup final in the 70s and a lot of the Widnes lot were football lads - Everton and Liverpool and were pinging all the Wally Trolly's all over the car park afterwards.

Think they used to a feud with Warrington which was plastic scousers v plastic Mancs

Not quite with you on that,Widnes despite its proximity to Liverpool seems to have a bit of antipathy to its big city neighbour in a St Helens style and I'm unreliably informed that there is quite a big Manu support over there.

Warrington is a complete mish mash as plenty from both sides of the M62 took advantage of the offers of housing away from the big bad cities in the early 70s.

As a mate from St Helens once said, the problem with Warrington is that nobody is actually from there.

The Warrington fans I knew used to have a bit of problem with Post Office Road all those years ago but then the St Helens lot weren't to keen either!

I was there in 1984/85 during the league game when some of the St Helens lads starting singing "scab bastards, scab bastards, scab bastards". They got a proper and well deserved shoeing from the Fev faithful, including old blokes with brollies.

That in 82 Ken? We had a mob from school went. Elland Road a sea of Black and white and full - not sure what the official crowd was given as. We didn't find any lads to fight. What we were thinking, God only knows.

Ahhhh it's good to be back.

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

The ultimate ever rl football encounter was after we were at Wimbledon and Wigan were against Hull at Wembley. Leeds had got chased all over in the morning. I was with the eep lot in a posh hotel in  Victoria (tryinjg to remember the firm, fairly sure both Graingers, Dave, the mcrgs, Mick H etc) Anyway after an entertaining day with Chelsea we  got back to Euston Road and a lot of the old lot were saying we're waiting here for them - and we said well we are moving on. The main kick off was outside the fire station and it was great to get a round of applause from the blues and twos.

listen up at the back

just had an email from East Coast Trains telling me that they are imposing dry train conditions on Saturday due to several football matches, rugby games and the Ebor thingy me bob at York. Trains from Kings Cross after 18:31 will be dry as will York station. Big deal

'I could have been someone'
"Well so could anyone"

I'll think of you all when I'm on my way to Liverpool Street big_smile

heyho wrote:

just had an email from East Coast Trains telling me that they are imposing dry train conditions on Saturday due to several football matches, rugby games and the Ebor thingy me bob at York. Trains from Kings Cross after 18:31 will be dry as will York station. Big deal

thank fuck I go tomorrow and come back sunday, just spent a load on sauce for the train.