Topic: Brasserie Blanc/ Cote-Restaurant Chains

The general malaise of the UK reasonably priced, yet tasty places to eat has always been a bit depressing. Trying to find anything worthwhile among the Prezzo, Pizza Express, Jamie's,  Caluccios cardboard has always been hard.

For now both Brasserie Blanc and Cote are worth a wander if you fancy reasonably priced, well cooked French classics served well. All the basics, none of the bullshit. Had a family meal in Cote last night, moules etc to start, fillet, duck and chateaubriand as mains, half a bottle of wine. £130 for 4 plus tip.

All of us came away having enjoyed and would go again, which makes a change from the usual endured.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Re: Brasserie Blanc/ Cote-Restaurant Chains

Was one of mine.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

I went to a Cote on Charlotte Street in London. Nice food, table outside, very Paris. Thought same thing, good quality for a chain.

Also did the Wahaca on there once as well. Nice food

luxury_scruff wrote:

Was one of mine.

What is it you do in restaurant game LS?

Supplier.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

... IT asset lifecycle support services. That sort of thing. Key customers, product strategies, that kind of thing.

You?

Sell IT support and maintenance to it firms.

Only joshing lad... x

Oh.

Blanc have a very reasonable early bird menu.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

has part of this this thread been deleted?

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Cote in Brighton is very good. Beautiful building as well. Generally go for my brunch on the weekend.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.