Topic: Laurel & Hardy

Full episodes on Youtube. Bargain.

"In the end, society is defined not only by what we create, but also by what we refuse to destroy."

Re: Laurel & Hardy

Pure quality,never tire of watching them.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Genius.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Christmas holidays, I'm off work for two weeks, the wife ain't.

Is there a better way of spending a morning than dressing gown, on the settee, mug of tea, slice of toast, watching Laurel & Hardy re-runs?

If there is, let me know.

Love the one where Stan lights his pipe with his finger.

And the one where they are in a feud and rip bits of each other's cars.

And the one where they drag that piano up them stairs.

And "Sons of the Desert"

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

Massive fan - box sets and everything. The basis of the comedy doesn't date. Ollie's despondant look to camera for instance.

He was in a version of Wixard of Oz made years before the more famous one.

Site stalwart.

Got the box set a few Christmas's back. Constant source of delight, especially when the kids discovered how superb they were. My favourite is the one in the hospital with the broken leg. Or A Chump At Oxford. Or Towed In A Hole. That bit where he tries to saw himself out from behind the mast never fails to provoke hysteria

Love 'em. Dads and lads material.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Sarsaparilla

Used to have a cine projector as a little kid, early-mid 70s so having a film show at home was unheard of, used to invite my mates and neighbors kids round - a high point of my popularity with others. Only had about 4 movies, couple of Disney ones, definitely remember Goofy, and the Laurel and Hardy piano one, must've watched it hundreds of times. Also loved the Foreign Legion one. Great idea for a Christmas prezzie, I'll drop hints to the wife.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

I had to drink yours my half was at the bottom

Brill! Wasn't Stan from South Shields or somewhere equally unlikely? That sounds like a Geordie line.

They both were able to convey so much with just a look to the camera.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Ulverston. Was in Lancs, now Cumbria.

Site stalwart.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Just introduced the lad to Sons of The Desert. Went down a storm. Pair of us chuckling along at 80 year old comedy.

Site stalwart.

Harvest wrote:

There's a Laurel and Hardy museum there, now. Haven't been there, like.

Very, very funny. The piano moving one is still great.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

90Piesanhour wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Once driving through Ulverston and that song Galveston by Glen Campbell came on the radio, ttt what are the chances . Would have been quicker pushing a piano through, right fucking bottleneck on way to Barrow.
Love Laurel & Hardy though, proper 6 week holiday telly when I was a kid, pissing it down outside, sat inside with my Grandad laughing our heads off.

I Wood wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:
Harvest wrote:

Once driving through Ulverston and that song Galveston by Glen Campbell came on the radio, ttt what are the chances . Would have been quicker pushing a piano through, right fucking bottleneck on way to Barrow.
Love Laurel & Hardy though, proper 6 week holiday telly when I was a kid, pissing it down outside, sat inside with my Grandad laughing our heads off.

Why on earth would you want to go to Barrow? Ever?

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Great night. Took my boy to see Laurel and Hardy on the big screen. There's been a campaign of late to bring them back on screen and TV. There's screenings at selected cinemas around the country, one night only. They showed 'County Hospital' where Ollie's laid up with a broken leg and the great 'Sons of The Desert'.

It was a big turnout, people of all ages and the films were brought more to life when shown as they were originally viewed. Rollicking good fun and applause at the end of both films. Billy Pearce was sat near us. Now that is stalking.

http://www.laurelandhardyroadshow.co.uk

Site stalwart.