Topic: Scotch Egg in Whitelocks

. . . is something I would recommend.  One of the best I've had.

Re: Scotch Egg in Whitelocks

But which Brown Sauce do you prefer on it?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

And would you take it hot or cold?

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Hot, FFS!

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Whitelocks is a cunt's paradise now btw, shame.

He spent all night staring down at the lights of LS. Wondering if he could ever go home.

Oh well, perhaps it's become a bit of a cunt's paradise but I enjoyed the Scotch Egg (hot) - not sure which brown sauce I had - that day.  Been away from Leeds for about 10 years and the quality of the beer and the pub food has soared.  Maybe not the same number of proper pubs, but for a daytime session when the cunt level is lower Leeds rates pretty high for me.

Whitelocks is a cunt's paradise now

In what way? One of my all time top ten pubs that.

Has become a bit of a hipster haven.. Still like the place myself.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Haven't been in for years, used to love it. Remember a mate getting into a minor ruck with Terry Yorath, in there. As Yorath is about to get served my mate yells " ....and Yorath hits the bar!!"  at the top of his voice. Seems old Terry was sensitive about his drinking even way back. Fucking funny, it was, though.
smile

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

I once got into an altercation with Brian Little that had the potential to turn ugly.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Thanks LQ.

Yoarath, bookies or the bar wasn't it?

I always liked the place, liked the alley in summer, liked the top bar too. Good mix of shoppers, football types and goths at one point.

Surely them hipsters have had their day.

I always intended to move back to Leeds one day and start drinking in there again.  It never happened.   I'm so old now my knees couldn't stand the Yorkshire weather.

Last edited by space (Fri 13 Nov 2015 9:20 pm)

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

I still like whitelocks and never really notice any cunts

Liked headrow house on Sunday.  Bit samey as new bars tend to be, exposed brick and rsj's but I liked it. Best bar staff I've come across in Leeds for a long long time. I thought there was no such thing as good bar staff anymore but the two lads behind the bar were spot on. No one seems to know how to manage a bar anymore and no one seems to actually manage a bar anymore. Staff tend to be fuckin woeful in Leeds and wind me off the clock.  I actually said to a barmaid this year that I've had seven pubs and I've never seen anyone as shit as you. I felt a right tit coming out with summat like that but I had to tell her. I go in loads of bars and see where they're going wrong and then kick myself for having no money. Been offered two shit pubs this week and I just don't fancy them. I'm done with turning shit holes round.

300 years....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-35119928

Read the title of this thread out loud.

Now read it again but say 'You're just a...' before doing so.

Make sure you're pointing to the nearest person whilst continuing to repeat the chant with a hint of menace in your eyes.

l.q.navarro. wrote:

Has become a bit of a hipster haven.. Still like the place myself.

roll

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/v … 6357514001

What is all this craft beer shit? If they mean traditionally brewed ales why not say that? More to the point why transport bottles of beer 4 or 5 thousand miles or more from the US? You're not telling me surely that there are brews in the UK that are not better than  that stuff?

It seems to consistently be the case that breweries are trying to take the enjoyment out of a pint at the expense of the latest fad. Tetleys being the prime example of that. And allied did it previously with Skol Special. You cannot tell me that, that wasn't profitable - virtually every body in Leeds was supping it at one point.

Do CAMRA still exist? Is it now run by marketing men from the two or three big breweries or pub chains?

Only those who dream will someday see their dreams converted to reality

Yorkshire session bitter, cold cellar temperature with a good collar on it.  The rest is just unpleasant beer marketed to make it sound authentic.  Bitter needs to be shifted I  quantities else it goes rank.  Convincing people to drink rank beer is a triumph of marketing only.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

But which Brown Sauce do you prefer on it?

Mustard.

Or is that a soft southern shithouse thing?

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

Once saw my Yank sister in law lather a burger in Colman's English mustard like it was the mild American pouring stuff. One bite and her head turned into one of those steam whistles at factory clocking off time you see in cartoons.

Djpekingman wrote:

What is all this craft beer shit?

Don't get me started on all this "craft beer" marketing bollocks.

Style over substance for the bearded, checked shirted, fixed wheel bike riding, Shoreditch wannabe wankers. Try asking the peddlers of the over-priced, over-hyped stuff for clarification what they mean by "craft beer"...

"So this "craft beer"... what's all that all about then? I assume that it is to show that these particular beers are special... different to all your other beers... that they've been created by craftsmen... people who know what they're doing?"

"Err... yeah, that sort of thing..."

"So what you're telling me is that all the other stuff you sell, and have previously sold, at a greatly over-inflated price, is pisswater, thrown together by fucktards who wouldn't know a mash tun from their arsehole? Is that right...."