Topic: The Trump

Can Donald Trump read?

He has campaign writers and autoprompts, but always fails to follow them.
Listen to how he talks.  He seems to have the vocabulary of an 8 year old.   He talks like he has a low reading age.
He picks up visual aids and just makes jokes about how heavy they are rather than using them to highlight the points he should be making.

In all the crap I've sat and watched he has never read anything or foolowed any written word.  He points at things and makes that dumb shrug of his.

Is he dyslexic possibly?

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

I'd love to ruffle his barnet.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

He never finishes a sentence either.

Share

Re: The Trump

He has words.  He has the best words.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

Rudi wrote:

He never finishes a sentence either.

This is usually a sign of, only guesswork on my behalf, Central auditory processing disorder (CAPD an auditory form of dislexia). Affects many people, not finishing sentences or sentences tailing off when you deliver them,are common signs.

So there's my diagosis, so you can  if you..  then

Personally, I think he is just an aging old fool who rambles about any old shit (but its actually not when you happen to be running for presidency) like a lot of old people do.

edited to say, please think of an aging relative if yours and imagine them running for president. There is no difference, this one just so happens to be rich and wears a suit. At the end of the day, he is still a 70 year old bloke underneath it all. Money, power and influence cannot fight off the ravages of age.

Last edited by Mitaman (Sun 04 Sep 2016 1:34 pm)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The Trump

He's going to win

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: The Trump

It's probably true. 

The only thing that could stop him from winning is if the ballot had a third option on it.  Any third option on it.  Even if it was for a small burning paper bag full of dog shit to be made president, I think it would get more votes than either candidate.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

Toronto Ted wrote:

He's going to win

I am not so sure. The middle ground/ undecided/ floating voters won't vote for him. Of course you have to swallow your dignity in voting for HC, but its sure as shit better to give her 4 years and wait for someone else to come along.

Also, is it compulsory for a US nominee to dislcose their tax returns? I thought it wasn't, but can't remember? I read something from some accountants that given his profession, and the tax breaks available in property, that it would be unthinkable for him to be paying much tax at all. i.e. he will be using all those tax breaks and basically paying  fuck all, and that is the reason for this delay. The upshot of the article was, if he actually declared his returns, it was 'game over'. Although one does actually wonder if there is anything that can bring him down, it seems not at the moment.

Last edited by Mitaman (Mon 05 Sep 2016 2:37 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The Trump

Mitaman wrote:
Rudi wrote:

He never finishes a sentence either.

This is usually a sign of, only guesswork on my behalf, Central auditory processing disorder (CAPD an auditory form of dislexia). Affects many people, not finishing sentences or sentences tailing off when you deliver them,are common signs.

So there's my diagosis, so you can  if you..  then

Personally, I think he is just an aging old fool who rambles about any old shit (but its actually not when you happen to be running for presidency) like a lot of old people do.

edited to say, please think of an aging relative if yours and imagine them running for president. There is no difference, this one just so happens to be rich and wears a suit. At the end of the day, he is still a 70 year old bloke underneath it all. Money, power and influence cannot fight off the ravages of age.

A bit like old ladies who repeat the last work o your sentence then follow it up with a "yes" which kind of drifts off a bit.  "Nana are we off out for tea?"  "Tea?  Y...e....s......."

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Can he win?  I suppose if the country nearly has Sarah Palin as VP then there are serious issues in who the right have as supporters.  Will it be a total rejection of the status quo with a "hang the consequences" attitude?  Maybe. 

I'd like to see two things though.  Certainly his tax returns, certainly more of the very dodgy stories of how he has just refused to pay suppliers because he had already spent too much on projects and lastly I want to know how he feels he can convince Mexico o build his fucking wall.   

Were he to get elected you would not need Woodward and Bernstein to bring him down.  I reckon John Oliver, on his own for ten minutes would do the trick.  Fuck it, I reckon James Corden or Piers Morgan could handle this one.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Can he win?  I suppose if the country nearly has Sarah Palin as VP then there are serious issues in who the right have as supporters.  Will it be a total rejection of the status quo with a "hang the consequences" attitude?  Maybe. 

I'd like to see two things though.  Certainly his tax returns, certainly more of the very dodgy stories of how he has just refused to pay suppliers because he had already spent too much on projects and lastly I want to know how he feels he can convince Mexico o build his fucking wall.   

Were he to get elected you would not need Woodward and Bernstein to bring him down.  I reckon John Oliver, on his own for ten minutes would do the trick.  Fuck it, I reckon James Corden or Piers Morgan could handle this one.

I think Ant and Dec could probably handle it.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

They voted for Ronald Reagan, George Bush Snr and Jnr multiple times... Can't put anything past them.
If it was any other republican running then it would be game over.

Take off hosers ...

Share

Re: The Trump

Toronto Ted wrote:

They voted for Ronald Reagan, George Bush Snr and Jnr multiple times... Can't put anything past them.
If it was any other republican running then it would be game over.


Reagan and Bush Snr seem like certified genii by comparison.   Bush Jnr, well yep shall we just leave that one alone.  The man had no business in the White House.  Fucking idiot.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Mon 05 Sep 2016 6:49 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 … id=rrpromo

They have a very good track record at forecasting these things. Nate Silver's website, he wrote a good book called The Signal And The Noise.

Share

Re: The Trump

Hope you're right but polls seem to be all over the place these days. Last UK election they got it badly wrong.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

I expect it to be 60/ 40 in favour of Hillary. 30% will vote for Trump no matter, and 10% are simply anarchists who will vote for him to see what shit that can bring.

BUT, we live in crazy times, thats for sure.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: The Trump

Cuts wrote:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 … id=rrpromo

They have a very good track record at forecasting these things. Nate Silver's website, he wrote a good book called The Signal And The Noise.

Yeah I've heard this guy is good.  Christ knows what he thinks of Peter Kelner's shoddy outfit.

There will always be that group though who won't admit they will vote for him and see Hilary as a vote for 4 to 8 more years of corporate whoring and advancement of the 1%.  The question is how big is that group and is Trump too "Wacky Races" even for them to protest. 

You an hear the conspiracy theorists polishing their keyboards.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: The Trump

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Cuts wrote:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 … id=rrpromo

They have a very good track record at forecasting these things. Nate Silver's website, he wrote a good book called The Signal And The Noise.

Yeah I've heard this guy is good.  Christ knows what he thinks of Peter Kelner's shoddy outfit.

There will always be that group though who won't admit they will vote for him and see Hilary as a vote for 4 to 8 more years of corporate whoring and advancement of the 1%.  The question is how big is that group and is Trump too "Wacky Races" even for them to protest. 

You an hear the conspiracy theorists polishing their keyboards.


Euphamism of the month.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

He's a one isn't he.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

Just sent him a tweet encouraging him to hang on in there.

Share

Re: The Trump

If he does get in can you get odds on an assassination?

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

We all know he's a sexist, nothing's changed, not new news. Overshadows the Wikileaks emails about Clinton's take on Wall Street nicely.

It's choice between drowning or hanging with these two.

Share

Re: The Trump

It's like the worst reality TV show gone horribly fucking wrong.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Share

Re: The Trump

November spawned a monster.

Site stalwart.

Share

Re: The Trump

Don't get how Hillary is that bad, just a typical US career politician, and Bernie's helped make her commit to a couple leftish things - free/supported college education, women's issues like childcare, minimum wage hike, she's said many times that inequality needs to be addressed. She's competent, tough as boots internationally, smart, generally progressive, pretty green, will preserve Obamacare and make good appointments to the SCOTUS - where's the beef? The smile and pantsuits are grotesque, like Merkel on E, but that's OK.

And compared to the Oompa Loompa of Doom she's fucking amazing - not just different league, different fucking game. Can't see the equivalence at all.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Share