Re: Cunts thread?

Publicity whore - loves it.

The point and objective otherwise baffles me.

Aim Low and miss...

This cunt.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JqYd3xXiruw/S76YaXcwgII/AAAAAAAACxc/qTSo-B5R39E/s320/richard-branson.jpg

A spaceship of a cunt who is leaning on politicians all the time, starting arguments (illegally) with politicians and all the while not paying any effing Tax in his homeland.

Cunt.

Aim Low and miss...

I saw two homeless blokes fighting outside the Arndale centre yesterday. Proper going for it and a fair few decent punches connected. It wasn't pretty and seemed quite desperate and depressing. Then saw a lad in his early 20s filming it on his phone with a sly smile on his face. I called him a cunt and told him to put his phone away. What's wrong with people?

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

I saw two homeless blokes fighting outside the Arndale centre yesterday. Proper going for it and a fair few decent punches connected. It wasn't pretty and seemed quite desperate and depressing. Then saw a lad in his early 20s filming it on his phone with a sly smile on his face. I called him a cunt and told him to put his phone away. What's wrong with people?

He's a c*nt

Plenty of them about I'm afraid

The blokes were probably ex-forces......explains their ability to have a ruck

Or ex-SC,  maybe Gore has been Brexit'd?

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Film a fight, upload to FB/Youtube and watch those likes roll in...

...It's the modern way.

Cunt.

Aim Low and miss...

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

I did think that. One of them had the 'look'. You can just tell can't you? He was the one coming out on top. Big proportion of ex-services on the street isn't there? PTSD or just institutionalised and perhaps a bit vulnerable before they went in. The government will take them in no probs then leave them to rot when they've done with them.

Must be stressful enough being homeless without getting caught up in that and cunts filming you for entertainment. Made me feel sick.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

I did think that. One of them had the 'look'. You can just tell can't you? He was the one coming out on top. Big proportion of ex-services on the street isn't there? PTSD or just institutionalised and perhaps a bit vulnerable before they went in. The government will take them in no probs then leave them to rot when they've done with them.

Must be stressful enough being homeless without getting caught up in that and cunts filming you for entertainment. Made me feel sick.

Fucking awful but it's true.  You would have thought that ex-servicemen could be front of the queue for coppering, prison guarding, firemanning, even teaching (nowhere near enough fellas involved) etc.  I know they get a pot to retrain but it whiffs a bit of blood money and hand washing really.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Tue 06 Sep 2016 4:01 pm)

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

I'm not sure where this perception of the problems faced by ex-servicemen comes from. As far as I'm aware, they're not disproportionately represented in relation to the overall number of homeless. We also seem to harbour a belief that there's widespread suffering from PTSD and other mental illnesses, with loads of them wandering around like ticking time-bombs and again, I'm not sure there's reliable evidence to back this up.

OX25 wrote:

I'm not sure where this perception of the problems faced by ex-servicemen comes from. As far as I'm aware, they're not disproportionately represented in relation to the overall number of homeless. We also seem to harbour a belief that there's widespread suffering from PTSD and other mental illnesses, with loads of them wandering around like ticking time-bombs and again, I'm not sure there's reliable evidence to back this up.

I can't provide any facts other than what I've seen in the media and conversations with close friends who are ex-forces (where I grew up most young lads went into the army or the nick)

In my opinion,  one is too many

OX25 wrote:

I can think of quite a few folk "wandering around like ticking time-bombs" who have never been anywhere near the Armed Forces.

"You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter"

OX25 wrote:

How far is that then?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews

1 in 4 says Shelter.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Thu 08 Sep 2016 1:54 pm)

OX25 wrote:

I can't provide any facts other than what I've seen in the media and conversations with close friends who are ex-forces (where I grew up most young lads went into the army or the nick)

In my opinion,  one is too many

Forces was a big option our way. Loads of mates from school signed up.

Take off hosers ...

Reggie Perrin wrote:
OX25 wrote:

How far is that then?

1 in 4 says Shelter.

I can't open your link as I'm working on an old browser so I'll take a look later but to claim 1 in 4 homeless people are veterans is beyond belief. Those kinds of figures are not supported by organisations such as the British Legion. There's little evidence to suggest that Army life or institutionalisation is a cause of homelessness.

To be clear, I'm not having a pop at veterans, I'm just questioning this perception that we have that seems to paint them as being incapable of leading sucessful lives on civvy street.

OX25 wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
OX25 wrote:

How far is that then?

1 in 4 says Shelter.

I can't open your link as I'm working on an old browser so I'll take a look later but to claim 1 in 4 homeless people are veterans is beyond belief. Those kinds of figures are not supported by organisations such as the British Legion. There's little evidence to suggest that Army life or institutionalisation is a cause of homelessness.

To be clear, I'm not having a pop at veterans, I'm just questioning this perception that we have that seems to paint them as being incapable of leading sucessful lives on civvy street.

Linked fucked up anyway.   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … eless.html

Article:

One in four homeless people is a former member of the Armed Forces, according to figures from Shelter and the Government's social exclusion unit.

Research published in the run-up to Remembrance Sunday said thousands were living rough or in sheltered homes because they could not adjust to independent living or had problems triggered by their war experiences.

Many had served in the Falklands, Kosovo, Bosnia, the Gulf, Northern Ireland and even the Second World War but lived on handouts in squats and hostels.

Adam Ingram, minister for the Armed Forces, said the Government saw resettlement of all service leavers as a "very important part of the transitional process back to civilian life". He added: "We recognise that some of our ex-service personnel may require extra help."

But some politicians claim that councils give ex-prisoners higher priority on housing lists than former military personnel.

OX25 wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:
OX25 wrote:

How far is that then?

1 in 4 says Shelter.

I'm not suggesting this OX25.  Thankfully most of my mates have great lives post the forces be it on the rigs (a common one) to sparkies/telco through to Violence Advisor (that is helping women speak out about violence in the home)

What is a fact is that those that saw service will mostly have seen and been through horrors I wouldn't want t imagine - a lot of these people struggle to come to terms with life after the forces whether by a perceived lack of belonging or simply the torture of PTSD

I think we're in agreement at a base level.....?

The mental issues lead to drug or substance abuse and that in turn leads to the inability to function and hold down a job and living space.  60% of homeless veterans have such issues.  I don't know if this is higher or lower than non-veteran homeless.

It's a proper shit sandwich.  You can't help the homeless by giving them homes, the same way you can't stop people being poor by giving them money, or solve hunger by giving people food.  But if anyone has got a good idea that works there's a Nobel prize waiting for you.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

That Telegraph article is fourteen years old Reg and I can't seem to find the report itself. The work that I've seen from the British Legion put the figure in London at 6% and improving due to improved MOD resettlement services and a greater levels of engagement from veterans charities.

Figuring out exactly how many veterans are homeless is difficult for any number of reasons but none of the more recent stuff I've seen would indicate anywhere near 1 in 4.

OX25 wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

How far is that then?

1 in 4 says Shelter.

I'm not suggesting this OX25.  Thankfully most of my mates have great lives post the forces be it on the rigs (a common one) to sparkies/telco through to Violence Advisor (that is helping women speak out about violence in the home)

What is a fact is that those that saw service will mostly have seen and been through horrors I wouldn't want t imagine - a lot of these people struggle to come to terms with life after the forces whether by a perceived lack of belonging or simply the torture of PTSD

Most of the military personnel during conflicts are employed in support roles, so I'm not sure that most will have experienced the horrors that combat troops face.

Serving soldiers suffer PTSD at rates of around 4-6% against about 3% in the general pouplation, which is probably better than most people would expect given the type of work they carry out, but still definitely nothing to crow about.

I've also seen reports from military charities expressing concern that mental health issues in the military are being incorreclty diagnosed as PTSD, when in fact they're just as suceptible to other forms of mental illness as you and I. Their argument was that this is simply reinforcing stereotypes that most veterans are adversely affected by their time in the forces when in fact the opposite is true.

OX25 wrote:

That Telegraph article is fourteen years old Reg and I can't seem to find the report itself. The work that I've seen from the British Legion put the figure in London at 6% and improving due to improved MOD resettlement services and a greater levels of engagement from veterans charities.

Figuring out exactly how many veterans are homeless is difficult for any number of reasons but none of the more recent stuff I've seen would indicate anywhere near 1 in 4.

See what you are saying OX.  There are much more recent articles citing "huge rises" but there is a whiff of poor journalism too.  An easy and emotive subject to write about.

OX25 wrote:
OX25 wrote:

Most of the military personnel during conflicts are employed in support roles, so I'm not sure that most will have experienced the horrors that combat troops face.

Serving soldiers suffer PTSD at rates of around 4-6% against about 3% in the general pouplation, which is probably better than most people would expect given the type of work they carry out, but still definitely nothing to crow about.

I've also seen reports from military charities expressing concern that mental health issues in the military are being incorreclty diagnosed as PTSD, when in fact they're just as suceptible to other forms of mental illness as you and I. Their argument was that this is simply reinforcing stereotypes that most veterans are adversely affected by their time in the forces when in fact the opposite is true.

When I wrote "saw service" I was meaning actual combat - I get the support services bit (hence a lot of the guys go into sparks/telco etc)

I suspect if you use those that saw 'combat' instead of all in the forces PTSD would be higher

I have ZERO facts to back that up by the way!

At York Races today and trying my very best to avoid a little cunt colleague who went for me on the phone yesterday.  I told him that nobody speaks to me like that but reality is setting in that I cant back it up with anything lest I risk my job.  Got three kids.  Feeling a bit impotent.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

At York Races today and trying my very best to avoid a little cunt colleague who went for me on the phone yesterday.  I told him that nobody speaks to me like that but reality is setting in that I cant back it up with anything lest I risk my job.  Got three kids.  Feeling a bit impotent.

Shame there isn't an Uber style app for outsourcing cunt punching.   Hmmmmmm.....  I think I've just invented the first OMJ app.  This will make us millions.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

space wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Shame there isn't an Uber style app for outsourcing cunt punching.   Hmmmmmm.....  I think I've just invented the first OMJ app.  This will make us millions.

Cunching.

Site stalwart.

I prefer 'Cunch'

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/swee … ou_can_buy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxyiabPUQAAlean.jpg

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."