Re: The Trump

Mike Jones wrote:

Don't get how Hillary is that bad, just a typical US career politician, and Bernie's helped make her commit to a couple leftish things - free/supported college education, women's issues like childcare, minimum wage hike, she's said many times that inequality needs to be addressed. She's competent, tough as boots internationally, smart, generally progressive, pretty green, will preserve Obamacare and make good appointments to the SCOTUS - where's the beef? The smile and pantsuits are grotesque, like Merkel on E, but that's OK.

And compared to the Oompa Loompa of Doom she's fucking amazing - not just different league, different fucking game. Can't see the equivalence at all.

Yeah it does seem odd how she's getting a bit of a monstering too.  Trump talks of building a fucking massive wall and grabbing women by their pussies and as far as I can work out, the worst thing she has done is use the wrong email account .

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Cuts wrote:

We all know he's a sexist, nothing's changed, not new news. Overshadows the Wikileaks emails about Clinton's take on Wall Street nicely.

It's choice between drowning or hanging with these two.

In itself, no its not. BUT it wasn't that that grabbed me. It was the fact that he said 'when you are famous, you can' In short, he is on film talking about abuse of position/ abuse of power. With this in mind, would you give the man the most power anybody could hope for?

As said, the US being the US, if he does get in, someone will take him out. Odds on, I reckon.

Last edited by Mitaman (Sun 09 Oct 2016 9:09 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

She's said a lot of things many times. Often different things to different people, depends on her audience and how much they are paying her.

How healthy can it be for a presidential candidate to say she has a public and a private take on Wall Street?

She can, and in my opinion, has been bought. I'd never vote for Trump but my point about him is that his views on women and power are not new, we didn't just discover them two days ago and now it's suddenly all shock horror and too much? He's been the same man ever since I' ve been aware of him, over twenty years.

Chose your poison, neither of them are worth shit.

Last edited by Cuts (Sun 09 Oct 2016 1:18 pm)

I still maintain that if the Republicans had a candidate with half a brain, they'd have wiped the floor with Clinton .

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving y'all

Take off hosers ...

Cuts wrote:

She's said a lot of things many times. Often different things to different people, depends on her audience and how much they are paying her.

How healthy can it be for a presidential candidate to say she has a public and a private take on Wall Street?

She can, and in my opinion, has been bought. I'd never vote for Trump but my point about him is that his views on women and power are not new, we didn't just discover them two days ago and now it's suddenly all shock horror and too much? He's been the same man ever since I' ve been aware of him, over twenty years.

So she's just like every other politician? Especially in the US. This is what politicians do, the system is fucked. Unless you want to go for a radical leftie (as defined by the current status quo, not my personal definition) like Bernie or, even more unlikely, Corbyn then these are the types of choices we're stuck with.

And Ted, getting a Republican with half a brain is the whole problem, that shower of batshit crazy that started the Rep nominee race (Christie! Cruz! Rubio!) and their pandering to the far right teabaggers has been pushing the GOP to the fringe - and Trump is the outcome. See also the Tories.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Trumps only chance is to try and keep it on "If you've had enough of Politicians.. then vote for something else"..
But he's batshit and will get in to shit mudslinging and talking himself out of it.. All she has to do is let him shoot himself in the feet.

She's shite too though.. pretty depressing that out of population that size, that these 2 are the best choice as leaders.

Oof Marone!

Cuts wrote:

Ultimately I totally agree with you, 320million+ and this is the best 2 they can come up with? FFS. Can't stand either of them, for totally different reasons.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

I know what you're saying about politicians been bought. I think lobbying is the biggest problem with the American political system. I just think she's to the Nth degree.

Cuts wrote:

I know what you're saying about politicians been bought. I think lobbying is the biggest problem with the American political system. I just think she's to the Nth degree.

Which begs the question how the republicans have screwed this up so royally.  Will the exception of possibly Jeb Bush (who stole an election for his brother against Al Gore) they were all fucking lunatics......or at least acting as lunatics to win the votes of idiots.

Michelle Obama could win this election if she enter it today.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Michelle Obama could win this election if she enter it today.

A burning paper bag full of dog shit could win this election if it was on the ballot paper.

People are Twats

Wikileaks are doing their very best to fuck over the democrats.

I previously thought that Assange was doing a good thing by releasing this sort of stuff, but this to me looks like its got fuck all to do with 'the truth' and everything to do with the pursuit of anarchy. Or have I missed something?

Looks to me like he's a republican.

Mitaman wrote:

Wikileaks are doing their very best to fuck over the democrats.

I previously thought that Assange was doing a good thing by releasing this sort of stuff, but this to me looks like its got fuck all to do with 'the truth' and everything to do with the pursuit of anarchy. Or have I missed something?

The same here.  Over time I've lost any respect I had for the man.  He's turned into Putin's Boy toy.

People are Twats

It's the Democrats who have hounded him so I suspect it's tit for tat.

He's an odd character at best.

I suspect he's not much of a Trump either but my enemy's enemy and all that...

He's just an anarchist, pure and simple. It's got f'kall to do with truth. Every individual/ corporation/ body has private and public positions on just about most things (and so do you and I), it's the way the world works. If it preserves the greater objective, then it needs to be so.

Example. My wife asks me if she has a fat arse, I reply ''no you haven't''. Revealing my real opinion on the matter serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever. This is micro level family 'politics' of course, its the same at national and global level. Lying and pretending that Putin is a 'tough' leader instead of 'he's a c*nt' is a worthwhile lie. Hacking an email revealing the latter serves what purpose exactly?

This email thing seems to me to be way overblown, but that is beside the point I guess. If Hilary has an ace card up her sleeve, this would be a good week to play it. I have dark feelings about this election, it may go the same way as Brexit.

There's a suggestion that the FBI and/or DOJ were asked by a Democrat senator about evidence they hold concerning links between Trump and Putin but that they refused. I expect that they'll keep pushing.
Whatever your view of the candidates, the timing of what may turn out to be entirely without substance is pretty shabby. Wasn't the director of the FBI told not to leak this?

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14915566_10211096706237646_8584384841370482108_n.jpg?oh=ba6ff25dc91a26b05b9f299036a59f8e&oe=588A9F45
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14925819_10211096706277647_1392956497916244524_n.jpg?oh=82423a466fc7c9d515dc864d6718a43c&oe=589A4859

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Reports of descension in the Bureau and a sense that his hand was forced to announce what they had before someone leaked it. This is one fucked up election. I'd like to see the pair of them fucked off and we all start again, previous candidates need not apply.

I've never found an adequate answer to this but are we supposed to believe that Hilary Clinton, in her capacity Secretary of State, set up her own server?  Was she tracking a package from Dell via UPS?
'Anything for me today Bill?'
' A couple of boxes from Dell honey.'
'Great. Will you help me set up my server after we've eaten?'
'Sure thing.'
'Bill, where does it say the yellow wire goes?'

I just don't see her on her hands and knees setting this thing up.

'A password Bill, any ideas?'
'Erm, Chelsea1980, how's that sound?'
'I've already got that on iTunes Bill...'
'Erm, err...'
'Oh fuck it, Homeland's on in ten minutes, that'll be fine. Uppercase C...'

Last edited by Cuts (Mon 31 Oct 2016 2:11 pm)

the current trend is a long list of celebrities who may move to Canada if he wins.

Take off hosers ...

Is she the only politician to ever have an email set up like this?  Really?

Is it morally equivalent to the odious cunt that Trump is just flat refusing to pay small businesses who have provided a service to his companies because he can and he's a twat?  She's not ideal but some of Bernie must have rubbed off when he accepted she had the nomination so she is by fart he better option from what I can see.

Apparently, 95% of the Bush administration operated off a private server.

Comey was always fucked, whatever. He has played a very poor hand in a very complex game of poker. ''Don't bring a knife to a gunfight'' as the saying goes.

One thing that rarely gets mentioned as a factor in itself.   These two are both old as fuck.  You naturally get more cynical as you get older so it's no surprise they are uninspiring.

Some of the daily shit that Wikileaks is churning out is quite damning on the whole Clinton campaign. The communication behind DNC politics is laid bare for all to see, and its very very ugly indeed.