Topic: Refuge by Volta

Went last night. Great place, Manchester has some ace spaces.

Re: Refuge by Volta

Manchester is the best city outside of London.

FAC. T.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Re: Refuge by Volta

Fantastic place really good place to go. Very relaxed attentive staff but not in your face.

The space itself has really high ceilings with all the original tile work but with a very considered fit out. A bit like tile room cafe at Leeds Art Gallery but with a bit more of a contempory edge. Has 4 or 5 sections that can be walked between.

I had Ox Cheek and Lamb Shwarma. She had Hake with Black Daal and Fatoush.

While it sounds pretentious it isnt imho. People were very down to earth and explained the menu to us in detail without any condescencion. Had this maitre dee, black lass with a mutha fucker of an afro loosely spiral curled. I went up to her to ask where the toilets were. I was expecting some exotic african or carribean accent. She replied in a great nasely manc accent "go threw the the winter gardens and theyre just on the right han side". I loved that. To me it was symbolic of Manchester and this restaurant. A very stylish cool look with down to earth northern charm.

Great place to take the wife/girl/boy friend or lover.