Topic: 1st xmas afternoon piss up

So,getting in early me and a few lads from our office are off to have an afternoon of cold beer and constant piss taking.

Starting in Roxy Ballroom, an interesting nouveau hipster style establishment with pool table, table tennis tables and bowling althogh havent seen that.

Mainly male clientle all looking like doing same as us. No xmas jumpers which is good. Few sp's.

Starting steady on peroni. Will update on progress as we change bars.

Re: 1st xmas afternoon piss up

First 'Xmas' drinks of the season tonight. Iberica. Train home and have to be up early so I suspect it'll be less exciting than Placid's albeit there are Judys at our's....

Now yous can't leave.....

Angelicas! Bit laa di daa in here. Loads of moneyed housewives and blokes in suits talking too loud.

Revelation, one if the lads has done a nuddy calendar. Pictures to follow... v funny

Can't do with that angelica s bar and stuff... my mates know I won't be seen dead in there so one spread a story that he caught me in there pow wowing with a steaming cocktail... and how embarrassed I was and blanked him

Turks Head - Whitelocks does fancy cocktail bar. Decent but quiet

Three Legs and down to The Regent next?

What people? People like you?

Distrikt! No fanny, no people, good tunes, nice bar.

This is my mates calendar for Feb:

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p554/placid_casual1/D8D0EC0A-09C2-4B04-9810-3473C6EF6A00_zps021f7eez.jpg

Not sure what he's pointing at, probably a snickers.

Duncan.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p554/placid_casual1/09739339-055A-41C8-8610-C7BF0E45BB43_zpsmbsbg3jj.jpg

Great pub full of of real life.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 02 Dec 2016 6:54 pm)

Adelphi - 2 pints the world to rights. I need a dump.

Aire Bar (sparrows wharf). Im now in attrition where Im staying out for as long as I can so no first to bail out. Gonna go to Iberica and mix it with the whigs!

Milo - lovely vibe. I used to fancy the owner long time ago.

Oporto - too early....

Now in Mook

Station. Last train to Halifax. Fuck me I feel old. Good night but we had the place to ourselves so not a lot to report. I was drinking water between every glass of wine. Like I said. Old.

Nothing worse than sobering up on a train full of pissed up twats. Mood lightened by a very, very pretty lass sat next to me. Every cloud.....

Travis Bickle wrote:

First 'Xmas' drinks of the season tonight. Iberica.

I'm doing the Manchester one on the 23rd and staying at Gotham.

He’s walked back to his youth and hymned the young man he was with knowing affection, despite the rain of bitter knowledge manhood has inevitably brought him.

Smokestack, Revolution, Fibre, Adelphi then bluuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr

Taxi

luxury_scruff wrote:
Travis Bickle wrote:

First 'Xmas' drinks of the season tonight. Iberica.

I'm doing the Manchester one on the 23rd and staying at Gotham.

Food was great. And helped avoid a hangover this morning. Thank god I.didn't tie one on, 2-year old and 7-year old up at 6am and in full effect!

What did you have?

Also, is it the one in the old building on East Parade? Last time I was in Stockwells, I was facing the window looking out at that old building. Must have walked past it a thousand times without noticing it but now the tapas restaurant has it they've lit it up and it looks awesome.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sat 03 Dec 2016 9:10 am)

It was the bar food. They kept it coming all night. Stuffed my face.
It's at the top of East Parade but we had the downstairs bar at the back booked. Good place for a do.

It was the works do on Friday night, all free but I swerved it. Free as it was i'm still too tight to pay 30 quid on a taxi home. It just seems wrong.

My kind of logic.