Topic: Shwarmarama!!

Anyone got the bug?

Went to Jaffa in Rusholme recently on a tip from a mate whos a Shwarma boffin. It was fantastic. Basically lamb, chicken or both cooked on the rotating elephant thing,  its proper meat not reconstituted. No doubt some of the meat provenance will be iffy. But they taste ace with a big heap of salad, humus and chilli sauce. No bread for me which is a shame as theyre done in tandoors usually

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p554/placid_casual1/5890E34D-0C00-4B1E-B3C8-6B04502BC377_zpslajrjayc.jpg

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 10 Feb 2017 7:36 pm)

Re: Shwarmarama!!

Quite a few of the new food stalls in Leeds market do the shawarma wraps. I've thoroghly enjoyed the couple of chicken ones I've tried.

I've always been a bit wary of the traditional "elephant leg" doner kebabs - their reputation of being the final destination of lips'n'nads normally puts me off.

As a friend of mine once said when served one in his work's canteen - this is the first time I've ever eaten one of these sober...

Re: Shwarmarama!!

Venus grill in the old Kwik Save on Domestic Street,  Holbeck is the best I've had in Leeds.   No elephant just lamby fineness.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.