Topic: Adidas Spezials

If anyone is remotely interested then coming out in August are ...

Updated version of the Spezial in blue or green
Some mish mash of Tisch Tennis/ Indoor Super/
Two colour versions of whats essentially a Stockholm
Hiking/ttrail boot
TRX runner (best of the bunch)
Lacombe tennis shoe
A weird version of Tobacco with metal eyelets
Cornish pasty

Available from a certain retailer in Toronto

Take off hosers ...

Re: Adidas Spezials

Used to have some blue ones with gum soles.  Very nice they were.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Just in the process of selling all of mine Ted. It's beyond me how people can buy second hand shoes. Never. Got a few boxed pairs as well. The Barbour TS Runners I had off you are still boxed. Some lad's trying to shift a pair on eBay for 400 smash at the moment. No chance.

Sensible shoes all the way for me from now on. But not Merrells.

I hate the way that Gary Aspen bell end has called these releases Spezial - that is a shoe in it's own right.  Not a pack or what not.

Aim Low and miss...

He's got a job to do and he's doing it well. If people buy them it's on them.

I quite like some of the spezials.

Albrechts look good.

Bought these years ago. Literally years ago. TK Maxx specials. Still going strong....
http://eatmoreshoes.com/photos/products/adidas/shoes/adidas-boston-super-ftr-034800-image-4.jpg

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

placidcasual wrote:

Albrechts look good.

I bought the Albrecht low in reddy brown leather, proper comfy.

The new one coming out is a version of the Albrecht/ Valencia

Take off hosers ...

whyIoughta wrote:
placidcasual wrote:

Albrechts look good.

I bought the Albrecht low in reddy brown leather, proper comfy.

I've got the black boot ones. Well comfy.

The new blue shoes/trainers (shrainers/troes?) with Noel Gallagher's boat race on the tongue may take a bit of getting accustomed to...

http://www.hanon-shop.com/files/uk/imagelibrary/prelaunch/BA7721.jpg

http://www.hanon-shop.com/files/uk/imagelibrary/prelaunch/BA7727.jpg

http://www.hanon-shop.com/files/uk/imagelibrary/prelaunch/BA7877.jpg

http://www.hanon-shop.com/files/uk/imagelibrary/prelaunch/BY1880.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0491/9773/products/adidas-Spezial-210317-02-00_4fdb1c9a-6618-4fa7-88d0-d3d754c817c6_large.jpg?v=1490109577

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0491/9773/products/adidas-Spezial-160317-02-00_large.jpg?v=1489669234

https://www.eukicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/adidas_Garwen_SPZL_NoelGallagher_BA7724_TAL-8.jpg

Opinion. Size. Age. Shape. Colour. Origin. Material. Purpose. Noun.

Those blue ones only go up to size 4?

Like the grey ones. Thought New York looked good but had a look at a pair in NY the other day looked badly made.

Last edited by Cuts (Wed 22 Mar 2017 12:04 am)

Quiet ike the brown shoes and the white ones. Probably wouldnt feel comfortable with Noel Gallaghers face on.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 24 Mar 2017 8:00 am)

Them Garwen are fucking vile.

If they were advertised in the back of a the Sunday Mail magazine alongside elasticated waist beige slacks no cunt would look twice at them.

Aim Low and miss...

The trainers with the blue soles are nice in my opinion. All the rest are muck.

danpiesley wrote:

Them Garwen are fucking vile.

If they were advertised in the back of a the Sunday Mail magazine alongside elasticated waist beige slacks no cunt would look twice at them.

Aye still amazes me how you can put an adidas logo on just about anything these days and it gets a free pass.
Haven't bothered for years now and down to my last pair of Stan Smiths which I fully intend to wear to death and that's yer lot.
After some new runners so liking those Saucony on the other thread as they'll double up for casual too.....me being a tight cunt an all!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Dan, the fact that it looks like something from the Daily Mail is quite accurate I reckon. The original thing for me in the 80's was the fact that young teenage boys across the country had started wearing shoes and clothes that the corporate fashion industry had designed for older different people. Farahs, Cords, Kickers, Golf jumpers, ski jackets, mountain gear etc... there was a definite obtueseness about the fact that you tried to get clothes that looked the part but were in some way different. I guess for me he's captured that with the shoes.

I love the fact that we all have different palettes.

Last edited by placidcasual (Sun 02 Apr 2017 9:05 am)

^^  That is an excellent point extremely well made.

However you are still wrong.

The things you mention had a youthful abandon - a different more modern cut (I'm thinking the farahs here and the slits that empahasis this) from what had been before - basically flares.  The ski gear was bright and cool, kickers were different and again youthful, all in my opinion of course.  My cords were electric blue FFS!!!

Sports gear was more an appropriation of stuff for casual use?

These Garwen jobbies really do remind me of terrible hush puppes that we will be wearing soon enough when the fucks we have given about what we wear are well and truly used up.

But I do agree re pallets.  Good chopped up for fires.

Aim Low and miss...

My cords were electric blue FFS!!!

Excellent. I had a pair of cream Levi jumbo cords. Loved 'em. Can remember my dad's face first time I wore them. And the second, and the third... A mate had a lemon coloured pair. Another lad I knew dyed a pair pink - asked for a VAT recipt for his accountant when he bought the dye. Red were pretty popular. Burgundy and dark green seem positively conservative in retrospect. Thank God brown, fawn, black and navy blue had their moment too.

No wrong or right DP. Just opinions and perceptions innit.

Peace

^  R - I know.

Aim Low and miss...

Cuts wrote:

My cords were electric blue FFS!!!

Excellent. I had a pair of cream Levi jumbo cords. Loved 'em. Can remember my dad's face first time I wore them. And the second, and the third... A mate had a lemon coloured pair. Another lad I knew dyed a pair pink - asked for a VAT recipt for his accountant when he bought the dye. Red were pretty popular. Burgundy and dark green seem positively conservative in retrospect. Thank God brown, fawn, black and navy blue had their moment too.

Yeah - I lived in mine - Lois.  They re issued them a while back - fucked the cut up.

I had a mate who was incredulous at the time.  I met him 15 years or so  later and he still mentioned them then.  Was still incredulous.

I loved all the colour we wore back then.

Aim Low and miss...

Sounds like bollocks to me, not you Cuts but your mate. I mean who had an accountant when they were 14/15?!

I wonder if Raffs had a valet and a personal shopping assistant.

Last edited by placidcasual (Thu 13 Apr 2017 7:49 pm)

Used to post on here, Straighttohelvecta. Was a printer, hands covered in inks. We had phases of daft stuff like that VAT receipts, saying thank you as we walked out of shops or got off buses.

Raffs was in aware of the shoe buffing machine in the Metropole. We used to go on a Thursday/Fri/Sat, sometimes to wedding receptions. You'd think you'd lost him then find him buffing his shoes on the machine. Shinny Sambas.

Last edited by Cuts (Thu 13 Apr 2017 8:13 pm)