Re: Brighton

90Piesanhour wrote:

Yeah, Sacko looked like someone had given him a basic course in playing football. Hernandez caused them problems, too. Berardi - what a player! Green pulled off great saves when required. Even Cooper looked half-decent after trying to put through his own net.

Need to do the same to Reading.

Wood. 27 goals. Wow.

Impressive, isn`t it
Nearly as impressive as unimpressive the rest of the teams contribution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea … op-scorers

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: Brighton

Cuts wrote:

1.Who was it on Twitter yesterday saying he was running up and down at the end but not high fiving fans who had their hands out? Bit hard in 140 characters but sounded odd.

2.Love to say no one is bigger than the team but we are fucked without Wood.
Only watched it once and that on a laptop at work but I thought we were the busier team but it's still not what I'd call great football. Not been a doom and gloom merchant, I don't care as long as we win. That lad they brought on on the left as a sub was causing us all kinds of bother, Houghton should have had him on from the start. Green and Baradi best players for me. Good three points tough that.
Need to turn up the hate o meter on the atmosphere and no fucker will fancy a trip to Elland Road on the run in.

1.I saw that on Phil Hay`s Twitter feed, Jansson`s probably pissed Monk off.
2. As stats link above

I have to say I am personally, at this time of the season looking at the bottom of the table. I can`t speak for others, I am a realist as far as Leeds are concerned and that normally means being where Wolves, Ipswich and Brum are, looking over our shoulders, hoping we don`t get dragged in.

This seasons it`s nice to have a bit of positivity and if we don`t get promoted at least we`ve had a much better season than anyone could have expected, retained a manager for a full season  (although it`s not over yet) and given the supporters something to shout about. Those home wins against Villa, Derby, Wednesday & Brighton looked like cracking atmosphere`s at ER.

Glad for those that go and have had a lot of shit to put up with over quite a few years now.

Sure we`ve had to grind out results, but this division is a shitfest, I wonder what Villa thought when they pulled up at Oakwell on that Tuesday night and then got thumped at Brentford on a Friday.

The other week they got beat midweek at Huddersfield, bet they fucking hated all three places.

Welcome to The Championship.

No matter what happens it`ll be April before we play again, we are in the top four and for that we can thank Monk.

Last edited by zicoslovechild (Sun 19 Mar 2017 11:00 pm)

________________________________________________________________________________

Share

Re: Brighton

Good stuff that Zico, echo it all.

What people? People like you?

Share

Re: Brighton

Mike Jones wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

Weird coded message from Monk on the radio. Basically no one is bigger than the team.

All very odd.

Cooper needs games anyhow, Jansson's gonna be suspended for 3 games at some point. Ballsy call by Monk. Well maybe, not clear what he's done.

From insidefutbol.com:

He was though unwilling to be drawn on specifics, but did hint something may have happened which meant Jansson did not align with the team's principles for the match.

"Number one, I will always do what I feel is best for the group", Monk said, having confirmed Jansson as fully fit.

"I always do when I am picking a team, what I feel is best for the team.

"That goes for who we are playing against, the set-up, but also the principles we have to follow on a daily basis", he added.

It remains to be seen whether Jansson will be recalled to the side after the international break when Leeds face Reading in an away encounter.

I hate all this 'group' bollocks

When did a team become a group?!?!

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Brighton

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
Mike Jones wrote:
Loose Lips wrote:

Weird coded message from Monk on the radio. Basically no one is bigger than the team.

All very odd.

Cooper needs games anyhow, Jansson's gonna be suspended for 3 games at some point. Ballsy call by Monk. Well maybe, not clear what he's done.

From insidefutbol.com:

He was though unwilling to be drawn on specifics, but did hint something may have happened which meant Jansson did not align with the team's principles for the match.

"Number one, I will always do what I feel is best for the group", Monk said, having confirmed Jansson as fully fit.

"I always do when I am picking a team, what I feel is best for the team.

"That goes for who we are playing against, the set-up, but also the principles we have to follow on a daily basis", he added.

It remains to be seen whether Jansson will be recalled to the side after the international break when Leeds face Reading in an away encounter.

I hate all this 'group' bollocks

When did a team become a group?!?!

Media training class 1.0.

Inclusive language.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Brighton

Media training class 1.1

"It's all about keeping our focus!"

These are footballers we're talking about,half of them are more bothered about whether  their earphones are the right fucking colour,never mind staying "focused".

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Share

Re: Brighton

old yeadonian wrote:

Media training class 1.1

"It's all about keeping our focus!"

These are footballers we're talking about,half of them are more bothered about whether  their earphones are the right fucking colour,never mind staying "focused".

Aye.  The headphones that mean they don't have to talk to or acknowledge anyone on the way into a ground.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Brighton

zicoslovechild wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

Yeah, Sacko looked like someone had given him a basic course in playing football. Hernandez caused them problems, too. Berardi - what a player! Green pulled off great saves when required. Even Cooper looked half-decent after trying to put through his own net.

Need to do the same to Reading.

Wood. 27 goals. Wow.

Impressive, isn`t it
Nearly as impressive as unimpressive the rest of the teams contribution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea … op-scorers

Even the Graun has a hard on for Wood https://www.theguardian.com/football/fo … eds-united

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Share

Re: Brighton

Mike Jones wrote:
zicoslovechild wrote:
90Piesanhour wrote:

Yeah, Sacko looked like someone had given him a basic course in playing football. Hernandez caused them problems, too. Berardi - what a player! Green pulled off great saves when required. Even Cooper looked half-decent after trying to put through his own net.

Need to do the same to Reading.

Wood. 27 goals. Wow.

Impressive, isn`t it
Nearly as impressive as unimpressive the rest of the teams contribution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea … op-scorers

Even the Graun has a hard on for Wood https://www.theguardian.com/football/fo … eds-united


Good read that, surprisingly. I get the Grauniad on a Saturday, only, cos Mrs Pies reads the magazine and I read the news bit and we get the excellent TV guide for the next week. Having said that, they seem to go out of their way to avoid talking about, reporting on or mentioning Leeds at every possible opportunity, which is why it's a shock to read a balanced, if not slightly complimentary, analysis of the team at this present time. I used to know a couple of journos who wrote for the paper, but I don't recognise the person who wrote this article.

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

Share

Re: Brighton

They've been doing decent coverage of Leeds recently, cover the Leeds games more than they do any other Championship team (bar Newcastle maybe) and have dropped some of the bitterness since that Old Grey Whistle Test/Melody Maker wanker Richard Williams was let go. Everyone's started feeling sorry for us.

Plus Rob Bagchi used to be a reporter there, also wrote The Unforgiven.   

Have to say Old Grey Whistle Test is still a great fucking name for a music show.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Share

Re: Brighton

Seems the Pontus saga is sorted, thankfully.

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Share