Topic: Cafe Loetje - Amsterdam

In a smart but not showy street in The Museum District sits Johnnes Vermeer Straat and at the bottom of it is Cafe Loetje a dutch steak house with outside seating, an orangery and high ceiling wood floored inside bar area and dinning room. Relaxed atmosphere, staff. Lots of clinking of glasses, cutlery, hustle and bustle. Dutch folk, talking chatting and no doubt debating as is their want. The odd tourist (me) but mainly dutchies after work unwinding. It's pretty high up on trip advisor so cant book just have to walk in. I had a few beers at the bar before a table came free.

I had the Biefsteak Ossenhaus Bali €17.95. Chips were extra. The sauce was a not over rich gravy with spices and heat through it, which made the meal. Was a top taste but not over powering. Going to try and recreate it at home.

If you're in the Dam and fancy a steak this place is the one to go to. Only wish I'd gone for the XL.

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/6e/d1/85/filename-p1070997-jpg.jpg

Last edited by placidcasual (Sat 13 Jun 2015 11:12 am)

Re: Cafe Loetje - Amsterdam

I dined their today & can fully recommend it. The dish is superb.

I'm just as God made me, Sir!

The food was shit mind, but the crockery was on a different level. smile

Apologies for posting this in the correct sub section. I'm a company man to the bitter end, what more can i say?

I'm just as God made me, Sir!

Looks nice.  I'll try to get there before Brexit makes european travel impossible.

Glad you liked it.

We have a our European Sales Kick Off there in May. Once we've de loused ourselves after all the smarming bull shite and condensed verbal fanny batter me and my merry bunch of fuck ups from Leeds have booked ourselves an extra night to go and get well and truly fucked up. We'll be starting in here for some tea then move onto whatever zschhe Dam has in stall for us.

Chips and mayonnaise. Do they still have the chips-and-mayonnaise vending machines there? Used to spend a bloody fortune on those things (never won anything).

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.