Topic: Oxford United v Leeds 84

Didn't know where to post this, but highlights of our battering is on BT Sport at 4.30 am
Well I'm recording it for old times sake anyway .

________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Oxford United v Leeds 84

When Lorimer got sent off? Some cunt in the away end scarves tided round his wrists tried pissing on us as we walked round the ground. It was a great day out with some fucking funny lads. We went on a supporters club bus, my mate trying to convince them Oxford were handy and all knife mrchants. Had a few beers, fell asleep, mate had tied his scarf around his head Rambo Aquascutum style, woke up thought he'd gone blind and threw a wobbler. When the cops got on the bus to tell us about pubs - you can't go in any - the bus driver was on the tanoy, right lads leave your knives, hammers and knuckle dusters on your seats, the tanks in the boot, come back in ten minutes. Money done in in the bookies by 2. Sometime later few of us in the home end at Grimsby and the pissing fuckers only in there giving out to Grimsby fans. Should have let him get a kicking but we dragged him out and cops threw him in the Leeds end.

I went with Griffin branch. Mad day, used to love listening to Sports Report on the radio after the games. Or is that an illusion of memory. My memory says cold early evenings eating crisps on the coach listening to sports report then the full classified check.

Was it a winter game that, seemed to be dark most the 2nd half from memory. Eddie Gray on the pitch trying to appease the fans. That herbert with the beret and the scarves hanging off the scaffolding.

Cuts wrote:

When Lorimer got sent off? Some cunt in the away end scarves tided round his wrists tried pissing on us as we walked round the ground. It was a great day out with some fucking funny lads. We went on a supporters club bus, my mate trying to convince them Oxford were handy and all knife mrchants. Had a few beers, fell asleep, mate had tied his scarf around his head Rambo Aquascutum style, woke up thought he'd gone blind and threw a wobbler. When the cops got on the bus to tell us about pubs - you can't go in any - the bus driver was on the tanoy, right lads leave your knives, hammers and knuckle dusters on your seats, the tanks in the boot, come back in ten minutes. Money done in in the bookies by 2. Sometime later few of us in the home end at Grimsby and the pissing fuckers only in there giving out to Grimsby fans. Should have let him get a kicking but we dragged him out and cops threw him in the Leeds end.

The memories......

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Yes Lorimer got sent off for being elbowed in the face by Aldridge. Made a meal of it, but no idea why he was sent off.
Don't remember it being on MOTD, Jimmy Hill presenting and Motson commentating. How old is Motson about 108
Planks of wood and other missiles being thrown, going 2-0 up and then conceding  5
Marvellous.

________________________________________________________________________________