Topic: Steaks

Always been a ribeye fan.  Fillet too lean, rump OK, sirloin us a bit Meh.

Just had a bit of skirt (or bavette), big piece, cooked it med rare to rare.  Top drawer.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Re: Steaks

Skirt is very underrated.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Skirt is very underrated.

Ain't it just.  Lean, fried well.  If I hat to compare it I'd say it's like a softer rump disguised as fillet.

Skirt is the way to go if you want stir fry or fajitas or other quick cooked stuff that needs beef cut into strips.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Mouth

Watering

Need

Steak

Now

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Got the remnants on a breadcake with red onion and Dijonnaise.  Nice but the Dijonnaise is a bit cloying, would have been better with straight mootard.

Prepare your griddle pan by melting a small knob of butter in it before you put your T Bone steak in.

I always put a bit of red wine in the pan after ive taken the steak out and let it bubble up with the juices then pour over the steak. Its good.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

I always put a bit of red wine in the pan after ive taken the steak out and let it bubble up with the juices then pour over the steak. Its good.

That works very well with balsamic vinegar too.

Might try that Reg. I've also heard that if you crumble a weetabix into the pan that tastes ace and all.

fuzzy dunlop wrote:

Might try that Reg. I've also heard that if you crumble a weetabix into the pan that tastes ace and all.

You betcho ass.

Mushroom, peppercorn and white wine sauce made with creme freche for me.  Lushness.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

Mushroom, peppercorn and white wine sauce made with creme freche for me.  Lushness.

Tongue hanging out...... Making noises like hungry Homer.

Steak, mash, eggs, cold beer. This minute. I fucking rule.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

All proteined up. Might go pot-holing in a bit.

Steaks are ace and so is pot holing

scootay wrote:

I hope you've not set that to the tune of Tom Hark. Doesn't scan, way too cluttered at the end.

Last edited by Harvest (Fri 07 Jul 2017 9:19 pm)

Harvest wrote:
scootay wrote:

I hope you've not set that to the tune of Tom Hark. Doesn't scan, way too cluttered at the end.

Currently shouting everything out in an idles style.

Driving with the window down shouting mother FUCKER along to mother has made my week

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Just had a bit of skirt (or bavette), big piece, cooked it med rare to rare.  Top drawer.

Good for you, Reggie, but no need to brag on here smile

Pouring cold water on steak (no, not another recipe variation): some I know have opted for red meat restricting diets or have given it up altogether. I wish I had their self-discipline. I eat little red meat but occasionally enjoy a steak (usually New York strip).

pipoldchap wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Good for you, Reggie, but no need to brag on here smile

Pouring cold water on steak (no, not another recipe variation): some I know have opted for red meat restricting diets or have given it up altogether. I wish I had their self-discipline. I eat little red meat but occasionally enjoy a steak (usually New York strip).

I'm off red meat at the moment.  Just let myself have some bacon once a week and then once a month go nuts with a steak or a takeaway.  Must admit that I feel less bloated and passing stools seems a lot less work.