Re: Shapes of things

Toronto Ted wrote:

Still like wearing Stan Smiths

I keep going back to them. They've got some out at the moment that actually look like the real thing. Still feel like they're made of cardboard though. Could never do with all the colour variations. White, with a green badge on the tongue.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Bought some in Reims, lilac idents. Very rare.

Expanding Man wrote:

Bought some in Reims, lilac idents. Very rare.

And you'll never wear them again? Not even in the house when there's nobody around?

Toronto Ted wrote:

With all due respect big_smile
Hope and Glory was a knock off of Duffer of St George. Still one of my all time favourite brands.

Great label. I've had some smart things by them over the years and still have a beaten up 'Duffers Expedition' sweatshirt that I wear around the house. Geese was chocker with it when it used to be upstairs in the Royal Exchange.

With moving house recently I've had to sort out all of my stuff before moving and don't realise that I owned as much Silas stuff as I do. This was another favourite label of mine in the early nineties a bit after Duffer was out. Got some decent jackets and shirts by them. I used to like the little quips that they used to print on the care labels, which related to the piece of clothing,'get your sag on, pee in a circle, keeping your warm on your rounds'. The labels lost its mojo since it was flogged to the Japanese though.

Same subject. Found some old 501s shoved in the back of the wardrobe last night. Probably 10 years old. Wow, somewhat disappointing shape or maybe my legs have shrunk. Charity bag.

Site stalwart.

Positively flared aren't they?

Aim Low and miss...

Like a Bay City Roller's cast offs.

Site stalwart.

I heard Noddy Holder was rocking them in the 70's.

Aim Low and miss...

Noddy knew the score.

Site stalwart.