Re: Talking Pictures

Ace.

Site stalwart.

Rarely seen Peter Sellers film tonight if you're into rarely seen Peter Sellers films.

Hoffman (1970)

Hoffman is a film without much of a reputation, which is a shame because it contains one of Sellers’ most interesting performances. Famously, he considered the end result to be too revealing of his own personality and offered to buy back the negative from EMI. This in itself is fascinating because Hoffman is a troubled, dark character, a man who becomes obsessed with the woman he imprisons in his flat for a weekend for the purposes of blackmail. It’s a complex and enlightening turn, with Sellers appearing gaunt and grim, spitting out misogyny and simmering with suppressed rage. The film falls apart after the first half and never becomes the battle of wills that it promises to be – no reflection on Sinead Cusack’s excellent performance – but it’s full of interesting things. It shows a demon inside Sellers which we now know to have been ever-present in his life and it’s not comfortable to watch.

Site stalwart.

League of Gentleman tomorrow night film fans.

Site stalwart.

The bloke that runs this was interviewed on Radio 4 today. Interesting bloke, he runs it from his front room.

Will dig it out on iplayer and stick on here

Last edited by placidcasual (Thu 12 Apr 2018 5:02 pm)

Black Stan rip

League of Gentleman claxon again - tomorrow night.

Dead End - Bogart gangster flick too. Never seen it.

Misura... Sheffield Anglers

Charming documentary made in the 1960s following the exodus of 100s of men every Sunday from Sheffield to Lincolnshire, Kirkstead for the weekly fishing competition.

Site stalwart.

A simpler time.....

http://www.yorkshirefilmarchive.com/fil … -sheffield

Last edited by Misura (Sat 21 Apr 2018 1:15 pm)

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Harvest wrote:

League of Gentleman claxon again - tomorrow night.

Dead End - Bogart gangster flick too. Never seen it.

Misura... Sheffield Anglers

Charming documentary made in the 1960s following the exodus of 100s of men every Sunday from Sheffield to Lincolnshire, Kirkstead for the weekly fishing competition.

For those that can't wait....

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Time's money at Misura Towers. I've got bitcoins to mine, gold ingots to smelt and bits & pieces to buy from the co-op. smile

I hope you went out smiling like a child, into the cool remnant of a dream.

Straw Dogs tomorrow night

Site stalwart.

Bit quiet on here today lads. I’m guessing you are all putting the bunting up ready for the royal wedding party yeh?

'Welcome @49ers to our family ...together to make the history of our glorious Club'   Kim J. U.