Re: Buyout

I'm  sure everyone knows that by narrowly missing  the playoffs, two things were triggered:

1/ Radrizzian is allowed to buy 50% stake and exit MC
2/Creditors miss out on £5m payout arrange by Bates.

Weird how we were coasting towards the playoffs and then....

Fiery jack wrote:

I'm  sure everyone knows that by narrowly missing  the playoffs, two things were triggered:

1/ Radrizzian is allowed to buy 50% stake and exit MC
2/Creditors miss out on £5m payout arrange by Bates.

Weird how we were coasting towards the playoffs and then....

Mmmm.  I can only hope that Monk is guaranteed a contract f this is event remotely true.  A free run at it next year and a bag of money to spend.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

it makes business sense..say we had gone up, the cost of buying 3/4 of a new team is £60M minimum, MC still under a ban, unwilling to invest in either player or ground and  AR having to subsidise without being boss.. £5M extra for poor creditors,

I can't understand why they would sack him, AR said playoffs weren't a target  this season so no pressure and why would you destroy all the goodwill, new football culture and unity by starting all over again? If he's as smart as he looks that'd be dumb.

What, the team deliberately balled it up because the owner desired it?

That level of pretend incompetence is surely beyond their level of competence?

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

you're talking about a team/club that gave out fake injury reports on players just to save £200k...What would you do to get rid of Cellino?  Easing off when you know you've overachieved your targets doesn't require a great deal of competence. They usual ease of during every game. All I'm saying is that it stacks up if you had to deal with Cellino 24/7 and wanted rid.

Are Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton a good swap for Sunderland, Smoggies and Swansea?  More fuel for the story perhaps?  Wendies can't afford another season of not going up so will have to cut back and Dog Ticklers will get found out as teams like that always do.

Interesting, i'm producing some new figures for the football and they are having their first run through on the Championship.

They reckon Leeds were the 12th best team in the division on the 20th January. The margins between 6th and 12th aren't that great to be fair.

That should read 20th February.

Last edited by Smutty Lips (Wed 03 May 2017 9:51 am)

Fiery jack wrote:

it makes business sense..say we had gone up, the cost of buying 3/4 of a new team is £60M minimum, MC still under a ban, unwilling to invest in either player or ground and  AR having to subsidise without being boss.. £5M extra for poor creditors,

I can't understand why they would sack him, AR said playoffs weren't a target  this season so no pressure and why would you destroy all the goodwill, new football culture and unity by starting all over again? If he's as smart as he looks that'd be dumb.

Ok, let me get this straight. By going up and g'teed to receive 120m, plus nailed on parachute payment you are suggesting it makes good business sense NOT to go up and Save 5M?

Thats excluding the advertising/ sponsorship windfalls one could hope to receive.

Last edited by Mitaman (Fri 05 May 2017 7:30 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

But that would be shared with Cellino. Now he will go.

Either way I think we naturally fell apart. If we have the brains to manufacturer a 7th spot finish with such cunning you'd think we'd have the brains to finish top anyway.

I think Newcastle, Brighton and Fulham (likely?) is a good swap for Boro, Sunderland and Swansea.

Mitaman wrote:
Fiery jack wrote:

Ok, let me get this straight. By going up and g'teed to receive 120m, plus nailed on parachute payment you are suggesting it makes good business sense NOT to go up and Save 5M?

Thats excluding the advertising/ sponsorship windfalls one could hope to receive.

You forgot the key point, which  is Cellino wasn't gonna sell if we went up. He'd have been back in the spotlight and changing managers 4 times a year, while dusting his nose. He is disturbance.

Fiery jack wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Fiery jack wrote:

You forgot the key point, which  is Cellino wasn't gonna sell if we went up. He'd have been back in the spotlight and changing managers 4 times a year, while dusting his nose. He is disturbance.

Oh ok. I understood the contract was to sell at season end whatever the outcome, Cellino was simply (rightly) hedging his bets if we got promotion and his final buyout value would have been far higher had we gone up.

I just read this figure.
'The bottom club in the Premier League is entitled to a minimum of £100.5million in TV revenue and, bumped up by parachute payments and increases in sponsorship deals, kit deals and match day revenue, a season in the top flight is worth a staggering £189.7million in total.'

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 09 May 2017 4:16 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18620323_852037714947741_436417419559260618_n.png?oh=91989a75f41cb143e965c8730368629b&oe=599BEFF9

CBIT wrote:

https://scontent.flhr4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18620323_852037714947741_436417419559260618_n.png?oh=91989a75f41cb143e965c8730368629b&oe=599BEFF9

This is a good thing, right?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Been a while eh. Good riddance, the fucking crook.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

I'll miss the mad old cokehead, a total loon but (1) not Ken Bates or the Bahraini shysters (only Leeds could get bought by a bunch of Arabs with no fucking money!), (2) had some good business sense (try-before-you-buy loanees coming in with a guaranteed sale price if they impress is a great idea), and (3) took on the blazered cunts at the League/FA who've had it in for Leeds for years - all the dodgy twats who own English clubs now and Cellino is the only one who's got banned, look at the match-fixing fucker who's about to buy Forest, he'll swan in no problem.

So yeah, a crook but an amusing one at least, and he didn't look to line his own pockets, or at least not as blatantly as the parade of cunts that came before him.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

He treated us like a plaything and made his own games up when he got bored. Changed his toys when he liked, picked his own toys and brought new toys in. He was a clown. Hope his boat gets a leak.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

We'll see how good the new man is after a month.   Then we will know what his ambitions are!

So has Monk got a 2 year deal then?  I have heard two versions.  One that he has a one year rolling deal in which case this year is just rolling on or have they extended it by a year extra?

Any other day this would make me happy. Today I really don't care.

Chopper Read wrote:

We'll see how good the new man is after a month.   Then we will know what his ambitions are!

He appears, on the surface at least, to be reasonable sane and stable. He has some good contacts in the sporting world which may help with the marketing side but no so much help pitch-side.

As said above can he truly be any worse than than Bates, the Bahrainis or 'Billy Whizz' Cellino? Lets hope to hell not.

Last edited by Mitaman (Wed 24 May 2017 2:07 am)

Cuts wrote:

Any other day this would make me happy. Today I really don't care.

Agreed - totally passed me by

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41386409
Nice piece.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.