Topic: September Fixtures

Burton H
Birmingham H
Millwall A
Ipswich H
Cardiff A
Sheff Weds A

3 winnable games, 3 tough one's. If we are still in the top three at the end of September, then I may start to get excited.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Re: September Fixtures

Mitaman wrote:

Burton H
Birmingham H
Millwall A
Ipswich H
Cardiff A
Sheff Weds A

3 winnable games, 3 tough one's. If we are still in the top three at the end of September, then I may start to get excited.

Time to kick on, only one I'd worry about is Cardiff. Ipswich are punching above their weight and are only there because they started with Brentford and Millwall. Local derby aside, Wednesday should be a win or least a draw. Rest are all wins as far as I can see. Ipswich is at home so that helps, so I feel confident of 15+ points here. Time to believe that we should be running away with this league and enjoying it...

A simple city boy with wild grown country tastes

Far too early to be getting giddy even though we look more balanced this term.
Just keep nicking points and see where we're at come the turn of the year.
Nobody to really fear this time so you feel it'll be nip and tuck all season.

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:

It is, thats why I am waiting until the end of September... cool

We seem to have three vital elements (that we haven't had together before), playing at speed, defensively strong and creating chances. Another team has to be good to stop all three of those elements in the same game. I still think the best team in this league is/ will prove to be Fulham and they only managed a 0-0.

Of course the Leeds/ Yorkshireman in me expects it to go tits-up any time soon...

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 29 Aug 2017 1:29 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

It will be interesting how he sets them up for teams that come to frustrate.

"I'm not very good at being a hedonist... ...must try harder"

Mitaman wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

We seem to have three vital elements (that we haven't had together before), playing at speed, defensively strong and creating chances. Another team has to be good to stop all three of those elements in the same game. I still think the best team in this league is/ will prove to be Fulham and they only managed a 0-0.

Of course the Leeds/ Yorkshireman in me expects it to go tits-up any time soon...

almost prophetic

Mitaman wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Old Wharfedaler wrote:

almost prophetic

Particularly the "defensively strong" bit!!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Old Wharfedaler wrote:
Mitaman wrote:
Mitaman wrote:

almost prophetic

Particularly the "defensively strong" bit!!

Haha. Exactly, WTF do I know.. Someone pointed out yesterday that we have only beaten one team in the top-half, all the rest have been teams below. Not sure how accurate this is, but tells its own story I guess.

Last edited by Mitaman (Tue 03 Oct 2017 1:03 am)