Re: Whisky...

I'm a Bourbon man.

Woodford for an Old Fashioned.

Share

Re: Whisky...

Developed a taste for Johnny Walker Green Label.  I like it more than any single malt.  Can't afford to drink it all the time but if I see it on special for £28-£30 quid and it's not far from payday I let myself have one.  Black Label at £20 a pop is also a good buy.  My single malt loving friends say I'm wrong about it, but I like what I like.

Also, Aldi have an 8 year old blended whiskey for £12 a bottle that is seriously not far from Black Label according to my taste buds.

Share

Re: Whisky...

Discovered the Talisker Skye that Asda were knocking out at £25 a bottle.  It's my new favourite thing.

Share

Re: Whisky...

We’ve got a bottle of Tullamore Dew on the go at present. Nice drink.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Share

Re: Whisky...

space wrote:

Developed a taste for Johnny Walker Green Label.  I like it more than any single malt.  Can't afford to drink it all the time but if I see it on special for £28-£30 quid and it's not far from payday I let myself have one.  Black Label at £20 a pop is also a good buy.  My single malt loving friends say I'm wrong about it, but I like what I like.

Also, Aldi have an 8 year old blended whiskey for £12 a bottle that is seriously not far from Black Label according to my taste buds.

I work with some proper whiskey snobs. Group of them bought a cask or whatever it is they distill it in years ago. They do trips every year. Talk about 'peat' a lot. Can't fucking stand the stuff but, as with all drinks, you like what you like. That'll do.

Last edited by Travis Bickle (Tue 26 Dec 2017 10:06 pm)

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Whisky...

space wrote:

Discovered the Talisker Skye that Asda were knocking out at £25 a bottle.  It's my new favourite thing.

Used to drink that as our family history originates on Skye but I find the smokiness off-putting now.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Whisky...

Jura is smooth.  Been to Tomatin and Dalwhinnie distilleries and they were nice.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Whisky...

Vowed I'd never do it again but couldn't avoid the wife's uncle giving me a nip a week or so ago.

I'm still attracted to that warmth that envelopes you.

Share

Re: Whisky...

Slightly off theme but had a couple of large brandys last night after a nice meal.
Not drank brandy for years.

Very nice too.

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Share

Re: Whisky...

Asda's own brand single is VERY good, there's a Highland, Islay and a Speyside. Usually about £18.50. All first class, used to be a neat man but now appreciate how a splash of water opens up the flavour. There's a really nice Welsh single malt called Penderyn, it's lovely.

Nembutal numbs it all
But I prefer… alcohol!

Share

Re: Whisky...

Gigrash wrote:

Asda's own brand single is VERY good, there's a Highland, Islay and a Speyside. Usually about £18.50. All first class, used to be a neat man but now appreciate how a splash of water opens up the flavour. There's a really nice Welsh single malt called Penderyn, it's lovely.

I like to drop a small piece of ice into mine.  Again, the whisky snobs tell me I'm wring to do that, but I like what I like.

Share

Re: Whisky...

space wrote:
Gigrash wrote:

Asda's own brand single is VERY good, there's a Highland, Islay and a Speyside. Usually about £18.50. All first class, used to be a neat man but now appreciate how a splash of water opens up the flavour. There's a really nice Welsh single malt called Penderyn, it's lovely.

I like to drop a small piece of ice into mine.  Again, the whisky snobs tell me I'm wring to do that, but I like what I like.

I progressed from an ice cube to a splash of water, not a great deal of difference. I suppose with the ice cube you slow down the dilution so you get the best of neat and a mix. Might give the ice cube another go : )
The whisky snobs are as bad as the craft beer wankers, until I can justify paying £45 and over for a bottle they can drown in their own incontinence ; )

Nembutal numbs it all
But I prefer… alcohol!

Share