Re: Leeds v Boro

Great stuff but who were the exotically dressed exhibitionists at the end ?

Big 3 points, so the season is still alive. Would/ve been dead had we lost today.. Roofe up front on his own, not the answer. Why on earth, can't he team him up with Lassogga, + play 2 up front ?
Alioski played well, but when he gets the ball in promising posistions, he needs to drive forward with the ball. Too slow at releasing it.
Massive welcome win though !

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Chopper Read wrote:

I couldn't believe it was a penalty. It was a virtual rugby tackle on Ayling

It would have been a foul in rugby.

People are Twats

That was a great game and performance under pretty significant pressure from the previous losses.

This Box midfield (Misura, I bow to your knowledge of modern football, whats it called these days?) seemed to be just the trick.

Vieira and Phillips sitting in front of Jannsson and Cooper. Ayling again was pushing really high up the field.

They all ran around like fuck, battled hard, pressed and grafted. Showed some great resolve to hang on a goal down and really should have scored a few more.

Here's my scores on the performance doors, massively biased and heavily tainted by the sheer of joy and relief of win.

Lonegran - 7 (Punched and came for balls at the right time)
Ayling - 7 (Back to his nearly best, would have been had he not fuckedabout for the penalty, he might have reacted but FFS, don't give the officials a decision to make)
Beradi - 6 (tough tackling strong man did everything asked of him in defence. him and rest of defence did their jobs brilliantly. No reason for 6 other than he doesn't get forward (on his wrong foot I know) and Traroe burnt him about 6 times)
Jansson - 8 (Best game for a long time)
Cooper - 8 (headed, kicked and blocked everything thrown at him today)
Alioski - 7 (took his goal well, great poaching, seems to be marmite between most fans. Wish he didn't dive about a bit to try and get fouls. I thought he played well today)
Hernandez - 8 (different class, them googly eyes can see things others don’t, came back and pressed great as well as combining well with Roofe, Alioski and Saiz)
Saiz - 8 (see above, although his eyes are set deep in his heed, he’s class and was unlucky not to score with the shot that came off inside of the upright)
Phillips 8 (strong as fuck, tackled everything that moved growing into the role him and Rv dominated midfield)
Vieira 8 (see above, I didn't even realise Howson was playing until Radio mentioned it on way home)
Roofe 7 (made great runs to pull the defenders about, combined well with the flair players playing behind him,  Much more mobile than Lasogga but less likely to create a goal, worked hard)

He’s Jimmy Savile he Fucked Garry Monk!

Pretty much agree with your rating placid and a good post.
Alioski is half a decent footballer but his decision making is crap.
Berardi is a true soldier, playing out of position week in week out , gives 100% , probably never complains. I’d give him a contract for the rest of his playing days. It’s fucking hard playing left back as a right footer. Remember a story about Dorigo refusing to go off the bench at right back for England.

To stand aside is to take sides.

Chopper Read wrote:

Can't believe that penalty decision, that fucking linesman needs hanging

You can't hang a 14 year old.  Maybe just have him outed as a Tory on social media.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

Great stuff but who were the exotically dressed exhibitionists at the end ?

Some knobhead Italians.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

That non penalty cost us 6th place, you’ll never win owt with kids ..... running the line.

placidcasual wrote:

That was a great game and performance under pretty significant pressure from the previous losses.

This Box midfield (Misura, I bow to your knowledge of modern football, whats it called these days?) seemed to be just the trick.

Vieira and Phillips sitting in front of Jannsson and Cooper. Ayling again was pushing really high up the field.

They all ran around like fuck, battled hard, pressed and grafted. Showed some great resolve to hang on a goal down and really should have scored a few more.

Here's my scores on the performance doors, massively biased and heavily tainted by the sheer of joy and relief of win.

Ayling - 7 (Back to his nearly best, would have been had he not fuckedabout for the penalty, he might have reacted but FFS, don't give the officials a decision to make)
Beradi - 6 (tough tackling strong man did everything asked of him in defence. him and rest of defence did their jobs brilliantly. No reason for 6 other than he doesn't get forward (on his wrong foot I know) and Traroe burnt him about 6 times)
Alioski - 7 (took his goal well, great poaching, seems to be marmite between most fans. Wish he didn't dive about a bit to try and get fouls. I thought he played well today)
Hernandez - 8 (different class, them googly eyes can see things others don’t, came back and pressed great as well as combining well with Roofe, Alioski and Saiz)
Saiz - 8 (see above, although his eyes are set deep in his heed, he’s class and was unlucky not to score with the shot that came off inside of the upright)
Phillips 8 (strong as fuck, tackled everything that moved growing into the role him and Rv dominated midfield)
Vieira 8 (see above, I didn't even realise Howson was playing until Radio mentioned it on way home)
Roofe 7 (made great runs to pull the defenders about, combined well with the flair players playing behind him,  Much more mobile than Lasogga but less likely to create a goal, worked hard)

Cheers for the report.
Just about deserved despite the Middlesbrough managers inane ramblings afterwards!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Footnote!

I thought the "TOGETHER" sign was ace and the flags. Especially when fucking thousands of the plastic flag poles were raining onto the linesman after that penalty decision. Made me chuckle.

The cards in the East Stand were made into paper aeroplanes and launched pitch wards making for some well funny schadenfreud landings. I very thoughtfully folded the tip in on mine to make it more considerate when it landed in some poor mush's earhole...

I also couldn't help myself launching an elastic band at some fat bloke running for a piss. Sorry fat bloke...

Modern football eh....

So this week our team aren't shit and the manager doesn't need sacking?

People are Twats

space wrote:
Chopper Read wrote:

I couldn't believe it was a penalty. It was a virtual rugby tackle on Ayling

It would have been a foul in rugby.

You're right, but it was the best I could come up with at the time.  I was still fuming over it after the game had finished. When Ayling was complaining about it to the linesman all I could see him say was 'go away, go away'.  He did well to keep his composure, as I had lost mine!

Some of the aeroplane engineering design was terrible. Huge floppy jumbo jet affairs when sleek fighters were called for. I sent a small squadron out plus some incindeary laggy bands for good measure.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

space wrote:

Yep. Until after the Wolves game.... big_smile

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Art%2BAttacks/similarartists
http://www.stewarthomesociety.org/interviews/artattax.htm

¡No pasaran!

space wrote:

Yeah!!

Looked a ridiculous penalty, but Ayling grabbing him like that wasn't smart. Still, poor refereeing/ linesman ship seeing it was him that flagged it. Also Berardi dragged down one of their players in our box on a corner early on, that was a clear penalty to them. We were a tad lucky there, had we gone 1-0 down it would have been a different game. All in all, think it was a deserved 3-points. Next up Wolves...lets see if a corner has been turned.

Last edited by Mitaman (Mon 20 Nov 2017 4:33 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

First game of the season for me and mme Jack, and from the East stand upper we noticed the drastically narrowed pitch...by what, 5 yards? Weird when we play with wingers no? Anyway...

I was really struck by the amount of ball players we have in the team now - playing four upfront is insane for a leeds team isn't it?  And we were playing the same game as Barcelona, possession, careful forward movement and then looking for the angles. Boro looked perplexed; where's the barging, the dead leg etc, long balls, nope went in slow drew em out and looked to slide it in, which Pabs did.

I have to see I was worried that we'd get bullied  as the highlights I've seen since Oct look like we folded pretty easy under pressure, but this time we had some good midfield pressing and jansson and cooper not messing about. Phillips looked decent but he always seems he's one slip from going  all Sunday league. Viera  was v solid, although maybe tired/bothered by his injury. Good pairing as long as phillips  keeps it together.

Saiz  was very good, deserved a goal and alioski looked like is August self...I'd say he's been told to track back and keep Ayling covered, but got a good goal...completely made by Roofe's outrageous dribbling, which I only noticed in the highlights but he twice skinned em clean...so good I made this clip
[video]

Roofe can be annoying as he whinges like ronaldo, without the shedload of goals, but he's very disruptive to defences, unlike Lasogga, so good on him. Ekuban came on and was a busy cunt without doing much, but you do think that putting a speed merchant up with Roofe would  cause much more damage.

The Pen spoiled what was looking like an easy win...then Monk brought on all the subs incl. Ashley Fletcher who we were dying to get, and who did minus fuck all, and when you consider he spent £40M on that team- who were toothless in virtually every dept-I would ease up on the Orta slagging, cos we must be worth £80M on the basis of that game. Berardi was prob the least good...he was day dreaming  a few times, but  I'd say 6.5 /10

3-0 woulda been fair. It's shit losing 6 out of 7 games, butTC had this group flying not that long ago, so I'd give him some slack for a while yet. I'd say playoffs are very doable...(thrashing ahoy!)

Harvest wrote:

Some of the aeroplane engineering design was terrible. Huge floppy jumbo jet affairs when sleek fighters were called for. I sent a small squadron out plus some incindeary laggy bands for good measure.

You would have been proud of mine. It was that sleek it’s nose stuck in the ground and stood there until the stewards dug it out big_smile    I’ve even got a photo if i knew how to post one on here from my phone (hopefully the new site will make it a bit easier to do that).

Yeah, Roofe's run and leg-behind trick was great, as was Pablo's stutter step to get that cross first time, great move all round. In my 'umble it's madness to talk of fucking off TC, can have the full season for me.

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

placidcasual wrote:

Spot on there Placid.

Roofe up front to fits the team better. And he is shite on the wing. Utter shite. Viera played well but could do with learning how to distribute post tackle. Too many incomplete passes. And Alioski would better on the other wing.

P.A system wants throwing away fucking embarrassing.

Ken Kapstick wrote:

P.A system wants throwing away fucking embarrassing.

Aye definitely one of the main failings so far this season.
Hopefully Radz can sort it and the team, the fans and the club can all move on!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

the PA?
I thought Sonic Youth had reformed

I thought that was just the west stand.

Deafening and utterly incomprehensible.