Topic: Omalama

Anyone off to see these in November?  "OBL presents!"

25th Nov, Fox and Newt, Burley Street.

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Re: Omalama

Reggie Perrin wrote:

Anyone off to see these in November?  "OBL presents!"

25th Nov, Fox and Newt, Burley Street.

Great spot Reggie.

Usual format - 3 bands, £5.  Saturday 25th November at Fox & Newt on Burley Road, the bands featuring include:

Two bands from north Wales make their debut appearance in Leeds on this bill.

Headliners, Omaloma are a five piece who play psychedelic pop music from the slopes of the mountains of Snowdonia.

Two singles have attracted a heap of global radio attention and earn them a headline slot on the BBC Introducing.. stage at this year’s Latitude festival. It’s sweet mind music, ‘space pop’ for space cadets.

Recordiau Cae Gwyn label mates, Lastigband will be joining them on the journey over from the west. They stated in 2016 from the ashes of Sen Segur and Memory Clinic and have developed a reputation for playing psych pop with the occasional toe dipped into dynamic experimental rock.

Radio 1’s Huw Stephens identified Lastigband as one of his stand out acts at Green Man festival, 2016.

Hobson won’t have as far to travel as this is a hometown gig for them. They’re a 7 piece indie/folk/rock band, drawing influences from acts as diverse as The Beautiful South, Nirvana and Queen!

Chuck in lots of other cultural influences and a growing reputation for a great live show and you’ve got an act you really need to check out.

Tickets available at Crash and Jumbo.  or direct from me to avoid paying a booking fee.

Any grumpy malcontents off tonight?

I'm gonna try make it but I'm still tired from hookworms last night. Ended up a bit if a session.  I was double booked for odd jobs last promotion..  feel a bit guilty

I'm off with a couple of mates.  Still knackered from black tie do on Thursday.

Last edited by Reggie Perrin (Sat 25 Nov 2017 2:22 pm)

Mr & Mrs HJ , will be attending also .

I'm just a symptom of the moral decay thats gnawing at the heart of the country

Must have had a dodgy pint last night. Came very close to shitting myself earlier and only just made it home in time. Inbetween shits I'm running round with air freshener as our lass is on her way..

Anyway I'll do my best to get there but can't promise

Last edited by scootay (Sat 25 Nov 2017 3:50 pm)

In Vic now.

Here now.  Good music boys.