Topic: Heath Out......

FC Halifax Town 0 Barrow AFC 1
Whatever has come before, if any result could test the resolve of the new football fan it was this one. Town hit the woodwork twice in the first half and managed to contrive to miss another couple of absolute sitters. They hit the woodwork again in the second half. And lost the game to the softest shot/cross you'll see this year, a goal where the ball seemed to take a fortnight to actually go in.
Town were missing their first-choice keeper after last week's sending off. The team has changed markedly from that that started the season. Heath started Denton (7'4) and Waring (on loan from Tranmere, about 6'3) up front. Denton wins a lot in the air even with two men marking him for most of the game. He also gives away a lot of free kicks and picks up a lot of bookings (he did both today, the booking was unfair as were a lot of the decisions that went against him). He's the focal point of Town's game in possession. And there lies the problem.
Town are one-dimensional. It's all about Denton. He must be knackered by the end of 90 minutes. Kosylo's continued absence through injury is hurting Town, but it's also showing just how little flair there is in the rest of their game. McDonald shows promise but until he's continually tested in a side that moves the ball to feet and looks to get him running at the opposition out wide he's not going to improve.
The stats on hitting the woodwork etc flattered Town. They were pedestrian and, at times, completely without any shape or drive. I'm still convinced there's a decent enough side in there. But my God they need someone to bring it out of them.
The daughter may be new to this but the beauty of football is how easily and quickly you can learn a lot of what it's all about. She's spotted the over-reliance on Denton and the fact that they 'pass sideways' a lot.
She also spotted that Heath was unusually quiet on the touchline (these officials would have tested the patience of a saint). And that the Barrow away contingent had 'enjoyed a few drinks'.
She's impressed me so far by actually watching the game. Even when Town are bad the drifting off moments have been few and far between. She's 8, there'll be times when some of the weirdos in the crowd or a tray of chips grab her attention but she watches and, I think, wants to learn what it's all about.
Nice moment when she asked if the two blokes with bald spots a couple of rows in front have their hair cut like that deliberately to look like monks or is it just falling out. Fella behind us heard it and spent the rest of the half pissing himself.
https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/24296529_10155447289981725_109654321956973320_n.jpg?oh=1eaa266a4844afbc65d7e4d3016b943c&oe=5A9EC3ED
She went down the front for the last few minutes. Contrary to how the picture looks (she's in the cream coat), she wasn't abusing the home dugout but did tell me some were, with a lot of the 'f-word' apparently.
We had Morgan's Scouse relatives by us again although the foul-mouthed bloke was missing this time. Think Chanel trainers and Moncler coats....and chips. Lots of chips.
Barrow have four French players in their squad and a player from Holland. Shows you just how much the influence of foreign players has spread I guess. They were pedestrian and probably the least impressive side I've seen at The Shay this season so far. Makes the loss all the more hard to take.
The chorus of 'Heath Out' at the final whistle was the loudest we've heard. I couldn't help thinking he knows something we don't. Maybe he knew he was a dead man walking. Or that he's safe for now. Anyway, whatever the reason he wasn't his normal loud and bullish self.
We were discussing Macclesfield away on the way home. Good sign.
Aldershot away next week. They'll get f***ing hammered......

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Heath Out......

Tremendous stuff again. Cheers Trav.

Copied and pasted on most dying forums.

Travis Bickle wrote:

fortnight to actually go in.

Too weak.

Great posting. Thanks.

Well done TB .
Went to Wrexham today. First game this season, for me . They played well . Apparently they were off to Dublin after the game on their Xmas do . I thought , well, this will go one of two ways . It went the positive way, never in trouble  and when Maidenhead went down to  ten on the hour, that was it .level at the top now  , they’ll take 2k to Macclesfield next Saturday.
Both keepers on show were better than ours.

Last edited by white dragon (Sun 03 Dec 2017 12:58 am)

To stand aside is to take sides.