Re: What drugs are you on?

A good pal of my dad's used to drink 25 pints of tetleys a day minimum. He was a well know pub landlord.  He would do ten pints at lunch between 12 and 3 then retire for a couple of hours. Between half 5 and 7 he would do 5 pints then nip upstairs for his tea. Back down for the other 10 pints to close his shift.

That was just him staying in...

I was pissed in his pub once and he delighted in telling me he could drink more green paint than I could lager.

He ended up poorly and had a liver transplant... the donor kidney was off a fella in his 20s... he felt like brand new and resumed drinking with a renewed vigour thinking he had had thirty years added to his drinking shelf life.

He didn't

I've got no off switch, always been the same.  Had some great times over the years but you get to a point when you realise you can lay almost every problem you've caused at the door of the pop.  Then when you think about it more, it's always when you've had more than a standard share.

My limit?  Reckon it should be 4/5 but that's "getting the taste" country. 

I can't weigh up whether it's a problem or not.  It sometimes is but am I prepared to admit it?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Reggie Perrin wrote:

I've got no off switch, always been the same.  Had some great times over the years but you get to a point when you realise you can lay almost every problem you've caused at the door of the pop.  Then when you think about it more, it's always when you've had more than a standard share.

I can't weigh up whether it's a problem or not.  It sometimes is but am I prepared to admit it?

Jesus, aint that the truth

'a face like a binmans glove... like a Sea Bream's anus...like a dill pickle in a cobblers handbag'

Mitaman wrote:
Reggie Perrin wrote:

Jesus, aint that the truth

Aye it is.

Got twatted last night after a very successful meeting on a business trip. Woke up 20 minutes before my meeting today. I must have looked like a right prick.

I need a word with myself.

It's the hangovers!
Those damned fucking hangovers!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Bottle and a half of wine last night

Felt good I'd not done the whole second bottle

Not sure I have my levels set right big_smile

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Day 11 off it. That's good for me.

Copied and pasted on most dying forums.

I've known for years I've got a drink problem. I try and keep it to weekends these days, but struggle. Smoking weed was always my Achilles heel. Now I've discovered vaping, which I can't decide is better or worse.

Rudi ...

http://www.alairvaporizers.com/

Needs must an all that

Take off hosers ...

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Why not watter it a bit. Carafe it and make it 2/3 vino and 1/3 corporation pop?  I bet it would still taste like wine.

Reggie Perrin wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:

Why not watter it a bit. Carafe it and make it 2/3 vino and 1/3 corporation pop?  I bet it would still taste like wine.

No point drinking it.

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

Rudi ...

Needs must an all that

I knew the Canadians were onto this before anyone else. Talked to a lad stacking shelves in a 24 hours Tesco, 3am.

Goes legal next year. Government stores will be selling it. Weed, not these vapes

Take off hosers ...

Rudi wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

Rudi ...

Needs must an all that

I knew the Canadians were onto this before anyone else. Talked to a lad stacking shelves in a 24 hours Tesco, 3am.

The best - https://www.thefirefly.com/firefly-port … rizer.html

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

When I was cutting down on the pop but still going to the pub I started skipping the alcoholic drink in the first round of the night and ordered a carbonated water with ice.  If anyone said owt I'd say I was really dehydrated.   After doing that for a bit, I'd make it the first two rounds of the night.  I got to the stage where on a Friday night I'd do that until maybe 10pm.  Then drink as per usual to midnight or so.

I'd still get drunk, but it was pleasantly drunk rather than wasted.

Eased my way back in with a Guinness.

Im drinking tonight, in town! Lot of once a year brigade out.

Before the night's out please post pictures of:

Some bloke approaching retirement on a work's do, looking uncomfortable and preferably wearing a cardigan.

A larger lady in a dress three sizes too small.

An angry man about to slot another angry man.

Thanks.

Harvest wrote:

Some bloke approaching retirement on a work's do, looking uncomfortable and preferably wearing a cardigan.

I am that first man...........sans cardigan, however.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

space wrote:

When I was cutting down on the pop but still going to the pub I started skipping the alcoholic drink in the first round of the night and ordered a carbonated water with ice.  If anyone said owt I'd say I was really dehydrated.   After doing that for a bit, I'd make it the first two rounds of the night.  I got to the stage where on a Friday night I'd do that until maybe 10pm.  Then drink as per usual to midnight or so.

I'd still get drunk, but it was pleasantly drunk rather than wasted.

That's not a half bad idea.  Managed to avoid invites to go out and only had a shandy with lunch avec Mrs Perrin.  In Wetherby, we went for a wander.

Two cans tonight. Didn't want any more after that. I'm getting old....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Harvest wrote:

Im sorry I didnt see this before I went out. Saw all of that and more.

A night of drama but all the way through I felt like someone watching through opaque glass. Not in it, not seeing it clearly but experiencing all the sights, sounds, feelings and smells.

Groups of pissed up work folk a plenty. Not the usual city lads after work but groups of women and men the wrong age and look all out of the comfort zone of urban bliss. Leathered, talking loudly and falling over.

The highlight of the night was not the scantily clad young and old ladies but the lady bus driver on the way home singing to her self. Some random tune and song. Was just perfect, making everyone feel happy on there way home from their xmas celebrations. The air was filled with a buzz of warm drunken communal bliss.

Right up until the chap in front of me on the bus (coincidentally my next door neighbour but 1) let out the unmistakable sound of a pavement Pollock all over the bus window to his immediate left. Not enough distance for the all too familiar splatter but what it lacked in sound it made up for in smell. I immediately moved to the back of the bus and my neighbour skulked off the bus at the next stop and I can only assume walked home the remaining 2 miles. The shit drinking cunt.

I enjoyed being out on a night, but not enough to make it a regular occurrence. Cant believe I made a full time career out of going out and getting fucked up.

Always been a big drinker.I think the big difference between our generation and our dads/grandads is we drink at home as well as going to pub easier option easier to slide into every night habit.
Engineering job I have now has made a massive impact on my drinking regular on the spot breathalyser and drug tests.Company alcohol limit is a 9 micro grams per 100 millilitres.Less than a third of police test.No drink at all until days off.Its shit but I feel a bit better.

Last edited by Ken Kapstick (Sat 09 Dec 2017 4:36 pm)

We're all getting older...