Topic: Yosuke Ideguchi

Feels good this..

Really good  smile

Last edited by king of the slums (Thu 04 Jan 2018 2:43 pm)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

I read he has to go on loan for 6 months to get a work permit.  Is this true?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Have we got him???

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

My mate who works on the sports desk with one of the big agencies says he cant write about it yet, as its not confirmed and there is nothing in the Japan press about it. As a London-born Liverpool fan, he was pleased to inform me that Leeds United are hardly back page news in this country...

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Mitaman wrote:

My mate who works on the sports desk with one of the big agencies says he cant write about it yet, as its not confirmed and there is nothing in the Japan press about it. As a London-born Liverpool fan, he was pleased to inform me that Leeds United are hardly back page news in this country...

It's all over the Japanese press (yahoo sport), but still as us going in for him, nothing done yet..

Yep, he's going out into Europe this year as it takes 4 to 5 months to make an application now for non-EU members, ask anyone who's ever thought about bringing a wife back. Cunts!

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 13 Dec 2017 4:51 pm)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Done deal, at half a mill.

He's gonna be Japan's main face at the WC. This feels really good. I really hope it works out for him. He's been stellar for Osaka and Japan. He could easily be our next Dacourt. Hope they give him the number 8 shirt. You know as a Japanese competitive type if you give him the 8 shirt and then show him the footage of Billy he'll then be hardwired to never let you down and try and be Billy. He'll be a 120% player. Club needs to channel and tap into that spirit. No point giving 120% if the rest are giving 70%. In Japan the 70% get dropped. Hope we can integrate him into the club well with no fucking about, he could be a steel at this price if handled correctly. Only concern is Japanese players have not travelled well in the UK, thing is these have all been really good players who were fucked around or given no support. Exception being Nakamura at Celtic I guess, but they don't tend to stay long..

It's official, I'm buying a shirt once he gets a squad number...

Mitaman - let's get the Tokyo Whites official SC status. I can see us getting on the telly over here, god knows we deserve it smile

Last edited by king of the slums (Thu 04 Jan 2018 2:21 pm)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

From the Japan press..

Japan midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi announced on Thursday he has a deal with English second-tier club Leeds United, but the Gamba Osaka man said he will be immediately moved to a Spanish club on loan.



The 21-year-old Ideguchi, whose transfer to Leeds has been rumored since September, said after he joins the Championship club he will be loaned out to second division side Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa until he finalizes United Kingdom work permit issues.

Ideguchi's senior international appearances for Japan fail to meet the quota required by the English Football Association, leaving him without an avenue to a work permit for the rest of the season.

"I wanted to take up the challenge in order to grow as a player," he said in a press conference.

"I'm going without a road map. I'm thrilled and full of excitement. I'll do my best to bring good news to everyone (in Japan) instead of having people wonder where I disappeared," he said.

Ideguchi admitted he felt the difference in level when he played for Japan against Brazil and Belgium in November, and that experience encouraged him to make the move sooner rather than later.

The Fukuoka native knows communication will be crucial as he tries to blend into the new team, and says he will rely on his sense of humor to bridge language barriers.

"I'm sure my lightheartedness will help," he said.

Bless smile

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

We love a "lighthearted" player, at Leeds....................................don't we?

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

king of the slums wrote:

Done deal, at half a mill.

He's gonna be Japan's main face at the WC. This feels really good. I really hope it works out for him. He's been stellar for Osaka and Japan. He could easily be our next Dacourt. Hope they give him the number 8 shirt. You know as a Japanese competitive type if you give him the 8 shirt and then show him the footage of Billy he'll then be hardwired to never let you down and try and be Billy. He'll be a 120% player. Club needs to channel and tap into that spirit. No point giving 120% if the rest are giving 70%. In Japan the 70% get dropped. Hope we can integrate him into the club well with no fucking about, he could be a steel at this price if handled correctly. Only concern is Japanese players have not travelled well in the UK, thing is these have all been really good players who were fucked around or given no support. Exception being Nakamura at Celtic I guess, but they don't tend to stay long..

It's official, I'm buying a shirt once he gets a squad number...

Mitaman - let's get the Tokyo Whites official SC status. I can see us getting on the telly over here, god knows we deserve it smile

Interestingly, I did try about 10 year ago to register it, I wrote to the bloke who was in charge of the SC at that time, can't remember his name (he was always in the press though), and after about three attempts, he finally contacted me he was more than a little abrupt and basically told me to forget it. I thought he was a pathetic fuck to be honest, I was very close to take him down a notch or two, but couldn't be arsed in the end. I will have another go then.

Just googled it, Eric Carlisle I think it was.

Just emailed the secretary, lets see if that works.

Last edited by Mitaman (Fri 05 Jan 2018 1:41 am)

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Mitaman wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Done deal, at half a mill.

He's gonna be Japan's main face at the WC. This feels really good. I really hope it works out for him. He's been stellar for Osaka and Japan. He could easily be our next Dacourt. Hope they give him the number 8 shirt. You know as a Japanese competitive type if you give him the 8 shirt and then show him the footage of Billy he'll then be hardwired to never let you down and try and be Billy. He'll be a 120% player. Club needs to channel and tap into that spirit. No point giving 120% if the rest are giving 70%. In Japan the 70% get dropped. Hope we can integrate him into the club well with no fucking about, he could be a steel at this price if handled correctly. Only concern is Japanese players have not travelled well in the UK, thing is these have all been really good players who were fucked around or given no support. Exception being Nakamura at Celtic I guess, but they don't tend to stay long..

It's official, I'm buying a shirt once he gets a squad number...

Mitaman - let's get the Tokyo Whites official SC status. I can see us getting on the telly over here, god knows we deserve it smile

Interestingly, I did try about 10 year ago to register it, I wrote to the bloke who was in charge of the SC at that time, can't remember his name (he was always in the press though), and after about three attempts, he finally contacted me he was more than a little abrupt and basically told me to forget it. I thought he was a pathetic fuck to be honest, I was very close to take him down a notch or two, but couldn't be arsed in the end. I will have another go then.

Just googled it, Eric Carlisle I think it was.

Just emailed the secretary, lets see if that works.

I've just emailed Old Codger, he's on the board of the trust these days. They might be able to add some influence. How about asking the bloke in charge of Far East scouting to add some influence. That Eric Carlise is a beaut.

Last edited by placidcasual (Fri 05 Jan 2018 6:37 am)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Thanks Placid, lets see if they are open to it, I noticed on their website that there is a South africa branch.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Fuck me, remember when we'd get about 20 out for the CL matches, locals too.

That reminds me there's two Japanese lads on Twitter who are die hard Leeds, let's get them roped in as well..

Leave that bit with me.

Was thinking about contacting the Japanese lad who heads up Asia Development, but it's a bit like pinging Andrea, plus he was a big player over here, be like asking Andy Townsend for a favour via Twitter..

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

We also appear to have signed a second Japanese player Yuta Toyokawa .Any ideas Japan Whites ?

Eric Carlile a beaut? Thats a bit harsh, he operated a ticket distributing operation which was easily the match of the clubs for years!

Mind you he did once send a large number of our tickets to a dentist in Bristol.

Last edited by Mega Armageddon Chickens (Sat 06 Jan 2018 9:50 am)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

We also appear to have signed a second Japanese player Yuta Toyokawa .Any ideas Japan Whites ?

Eric Carlile a beaut? Thats a bit harsh, he operated a ticket distributing operation which was easily the match of the clubs for years!

Mind you he did once send a large number of our tickets to a dentist in Bristol.

Yuta Toyokawa is a product of Kashima Antlers, who are 8 times J League champions, a bit like Liverpool, big following, big ground, northern port city, won a lot but not a lot recently. He's a centre forward, part of the Japan U23 AFC champions team from 2 years back. He's small for a centre forward and has been on loan to 2nd division Okayama where he scored 18 goals in just under two seasons in a league that's a bit like our 3rd. He couldn't get a look in at Kashima as they've got a couple of Brazilians who are doing alright up front and have drafted in a Beckford type player from Fukuoka.

My take is, he's not had a good run, but if our Asia Development guy likes him, he must have something, he'll have been cheap to free I would have thought. The difference in culture and a perceived "big move" could be a big shock to a young Japanese, so ship them in in their twos and they'll have a mate to bounce off. He's younger and less experienced than Ideguchi, so they'll be the whole "senpai kōhai" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_k%C5%8Dhai thing going on. He'll be a type of younger brother for Ideguchi to take care of, keeping him straight and focused, and visa versa, when the shit hits the fan as it inevitably will with Leeds, they have someone who talks the same language so they can both let off some steam and talk shit through. I think it's a wise move and I'm looking at it like Radebe and Masinga coming in. He's a much needed stable mate and if he works out as well then it will be great..

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Just watch the goal at 2mins in over and over again, be reet desu!


Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 10 Jan 2018 6:51 am)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

To be fair they had a great tournament this lot, I'd be happy with any of them, looks like we've got 2 of them.. smile

Ideguchi at 1.24 in, he's gonna be a beast smile

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 10 Jan 2018 6:56 am)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

king of the slums wrote:

To be fair they had a great tournament this lot, I'd be happy with any of them, looks like we've got 2 of them.. smile

Ideguchi at 1.24 in, he's gonna be a beast smile

emailed you this morning.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

king of the slums wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

We also appear to have signed a second Japanese player Yuta Toyokawa .Any ideas Japan Whites ?

Eric Carlile a beaut? Thats a bit harsh, he operated a ticket distributing operation which was easily the match of the clubs for years!

Mind you he did once send a large number of our tickets to a dentist in Bristol.

Yuta Toyokawa is a product of Kashima Antlers, who are 8 times J League champions, a bit like Liverpool, big following, big ground, northern port city, won a lot but not a lot recently. He's a centre forward, part of the Japan U23 AFC champions team from 2 years back. He's small for a centre forward and has been on loan to 2nd division Okayama where he scored 18 goals in just under two seasons in a league that's a bit like our 3rd. He couldn't get a look in at Kashima as they've got a couple of Brazilians who are doing alright up front and have drafted in a Beckford type player from Fukuoka.

My take is, he's not had a good run, but if our Asia Development guy likes him, he must have something, he'll have been cheap to free I would have thought. The difference in culture and a perceived "big move" could be a big shock to a young Japanese, so ship them in in their twos and they'll have a mate to bounce off. He's younger and less experienced than Ideguchi, so they'll be the whole "senpai kōhai" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_k%C5%8Dhai thing going on. He'll be a type of younger brother for Ideguchi to take care of, keeping him straight and focused, and visa versa, when the shit hits the fan as it inevitably will with Leeds, they have someone who talks the same language so they can both let off some steam and talk shit through. I think it's a wise move and I'm looking at it like Radebe and Masinga coming in. He's a much needed stable mate and if he works out as well then it will be great..

Nice info - can't underplay the cultural change impact on the young lads coming over to the UK - it will be massive for them

Went to see kashima v Sendai when i was over there - bit of a drive from Utsonimaya but you have to do these things.  Great day out although weird watching adults walking around at a football match with plastic antlers on......

This was about 13-14 years ago,  I seem to recall some Brazilian was either up front or manager at the time........

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

As an aside, when i lived in that there we used to have young japanese  lads as lodgers who were over here contracted to Arsenal, this just around the time of Inamoto. Nice lads.

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Mitaman wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

To be fair they had a great tournament this lot, I'd be happy with any of them, looks like we've got 2 of them.. smile

Ideguchi at 1.24 in, he's gonna be a beast smile

emailed you this morning.


Argh, sorry mate, will check now, SC stuff?

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
king of the slums wrote:
Mega Armageddon Chickens wrote:

We also appear to have signed a second Japanese player Yuta Toyokawa .Any ideas Japan Whites ?

Eric Carlile a beaut? Thats a bit harsh, he operated a ticket distributing operation which was easily the match of the clubs for years!

Mind you he did once send a large number of our tickets to a dentist in Bristol.

Yuta Toyokawa is a product of Kashima Antlers, who are 8 times J League champions, a bit like Liverpool, big following, big ground, northern port city, won a lot but not a lot recently. He's a centre forward, part of the Japan U23 AFC champions team from 2 years back. He's small for a centre forward and has been on loan to 2nd division Okayama where he scored 18 goals in just under two seasons in a league that's a bit like our 3rd. He couldn't get a look in at Kashima as they've got a couple of Brazilians who are doing alright up front and have drafted in a Beckford type player from Fukuoka.

My take is, he's not had a good run, but if our Asia Development guy likes him, he must have something, he'll have been cheap to free I would have thought. The difference in culture and a perceived "big move" could be a big shock to a young Japanese, so ship them in in their twos and they'll have a mate to bounce off. He's younger and less experienced than Ideguchi, so they'll be the whole "senpai kōhai" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_k%C5%8Dhai thing going on. He'll be a type of younger brother for Ideguchi to take care of, keeping him straight and focused, and visa versa, when the shit hits the fan as it inevitably will with Leeds, they have someone who talks the same language so they can both let off some steam and talk shit through. I think it's a wise move and I'm looking at it like Radebe and Masinga coming in. He's a much needed stable mate and if he works out as well then it will be great..

Nice info - can't underplay the cultural change impact on the young lads coming over to the UK - it will be massive for them

Went to see kashima v Sendai when i was over there - bit of a drive from Utsonimaya but you have to do these things.  Great day out although weird watching adults walking around at a football match with plastic antlers on......

This was about 13-14 years ago,  I seem to recall some Brazilian was either up front or manager at the time........

Thing is if Leeds play it right, could work out really well. Just having these players puts Leeds on the map big time (but we need to play them, think he hinted at that in his statement, not wanting to be lost to the Japanese public by being on the bench somewhere unknown). Don't expect massive shirt sales. Twitter's buzzing at the thought of shirt sales, but that's China. There's not a lot of shirters over here, it's more subtle than that. Expect lots of real interest and film crews checking out the city. Add in the fact that one of the Japanese prince's has his daughter at Leeds University. Play it right and it could be a coup for the city as a whole. They love a boy done good overseas story over here. They don't rag on sportspeople like the British press. Expect lots of great PR about the city as well as film crews checking out accents, beer, Yorkshire puddings (probably getting Ideguchi to cook them on live TV). All silly, but great PR. Little Tokyo must be rubbing its hands, they'll get on the TV over here I'm sure. There's some ace players over here, get the culture clash minimised and they'll give 120% and want to shine. Also need to get use to the English play, lot tougher than most leagues, Japan is a bit MLS / Serie A, not a lot of choppers over here..

Last edited by king of the slums (Wed 10 Jan 2018 2:20 pm)

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Not sure why he's out on loan now as he got his full work permit through, barring the fact that he's just done a 40 game season in Japan, maybe the Spain gig is part of getting him ready but as I understand it he's going into a relegation dogfight and won't get much English culture out there, but let's see.

I'll actually be really pissed at Leeds if they fuck this one up, he's obviously a great talent, hope they can bring it out of him...

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

Leeds United's Director of Football Victor Orta has revealed to the club's official website that the decision to loan out new signing Yosuke Ideguchi was linked to the fierce competition for midfield places at Elland Road.

fuckin clueless idiot

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

CBIT wrote:

Leeds United's Director of Football Victor Orta has revealed to the club's official website that the decision to loan out new signing Yosuke Ideguchi was linked to the fierce competition for midfield places at Elland Road.

fuckin clueless idiot


I find it hard to believe someone can be so fucking stupid.  Midfield has been our problem for the last 15 years.  He needs sacking if he said that!

Share

Re: Yosuke Ideguchi

king of the slums wrote:
Ray Hankin's shorts wrote:
king of the slums wrote:

Yuta Toyokawa is a product of Kashima Antlers, who are 8 times J League champions, a bit like Liverpool, big following, big ground, northern port city, won a lot but not a lot recently. He's a centre forward, part of the Japan U23 AFC champions team from 2 years back. He's small for a centre forward and has been on loan to 2nd division Okayama where he scored 18 goals in just under two seasons in a league that's a bit like our 3rd. He couldn't get a look in at Kashima as they've got a couple of Brazilians who are doing alright up front and have drafted in a Beckford type player from Fukuoka.

My take is, he's not had a good run, but if our Asia Development guy likes him, he must have something, he'll have been cheap to free I would have thought. The difference in culture and a perceived "big move" could be a big shock to a young Japanese, so ship them in in their twos and they'll have a mate to bounce off. He's younger and less experienced than Ideguchi, so they'll be the whole "senpai kōhai" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senpai_and_k%C5%8Dhai thing going on. He'll be a type of younger brother for Ideguchi to take care of, keeping him straight and focused, and visa versa, when the shit hits the fan as it inevitably will with Leeds, they have someone who talks the same language so they can both let off some steam and talk shit through. I think it's a wise move and I'm looking at it like Radebe and Masinga coming in. He's a much needed stable mate and if he works out as well then it will be great..

Nice info - can't underplay the cultural change impact on the young lads coming over to the UK - it will be massive for them

Went to see kashima v Sendai when i was over there - bit of a drive from Utsonimaya but you have to do these things.  Great day out although weird watching adults walking around at a football match with plastic antlers on......

This was about 13-14 years ago,  I seem to recall some Brazilian was either up front or manager at the time........

Thing is if Leeds play it right, could work out really well. Just having these players puts Leeds on the map big time (but we need to play them, think he hinted at that in his statement, not wanting to be lost to the Japanese public by being on the bench somewhere unknown). Don't expect massive shirt sales. Twitter's buzzing at the thought of shirt sales, but that's China. There's not a lot of shirters over here, it's more subtle than that. Expect lots of real interest and film crews checking out the city. Add in the fact that one of the Japanese prince's has his daughter at Leeds University. Play it right and it could be a coup for the city as a whole. They love a boy done good overseas story over here. They don't rag on sportspeople like the British press. Expect lots of great PR about the city as well as film crews checking out accents, beer, Yorkshire puddings (probably getting Ideguchi to cook them on live TV). All silly, but great PR. Little Tokyo must be rubbing its hands, they'll get on the TV over here I'm sure. There's some ace players over here, get the culture clash minimised and they'll give 120% and want to shine. Also need to get use to the English play, lot tougher than most leagues, Japan is a bit MLS / Serie A, not a lot of choppers over here..

Whilst I agree with all of this, I am not sure this will happen until we get into the PL. If that happens, they will go gangbusters on it for sure. As you say, that coupled with the fact Princess Kakko is now at Leeds University is more than enough for the J-press to go large on the city one would think. They know of Manchester of course, but they don't really know Leeds that well.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Share