Topic: Black Thought......

And people thought Loaded Lux's was fire. Best there is at the moment, no doubt.

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

Re: Black Thought......

Awesome !  The Roots were the only hip hop outfit to see live.

Got more soul, than a sock with a hole.

Mysonne and Action Bronson did great ones. Corey Gunz too but the subject matter was a but too 'gangsta gangsta' for me. Been a load of other rappers praising this Black Thought one. He's as good as it gets. Mumble rappers take note.....

She’s the main man in the office in the city and she treats me like I’m just another lackey, but I can put a tennis racket up against my face and pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki...

You seen this one LQ? Some still reckon this is the best of 2017. Amazing flow....

Loaded Lux.. Not familiar with him, but then again, I rarely listen to hip hop anymore.. Quality though ! Love the expressionism. Must check the rest of these out/

He's a battle rap MC. Regarded as one of, if not the best. I'm actually not convinced he is in battle rap, a lot of hype at times, but that phrasing and the way he floats over the beat is crazy.
Some say this is the greatest battle rap round of all time. Certainly up there for most views. Calico, his opponent is brilliant. Fact is Lux choked in this battle but URL, the promoter, cut it as he was the poster boy.

That freestyle is amazing. In some ways it's better than Black Thought's.
Been back hammering hip hop for a while now. Amongst the trap bollocks there's some quality.
Spend a lot of time listening to producer's instrumentals. Harry Fraud's been a favourite. Alchemist obviously, Pete Rock has dropped some decent stuff his year. Statik Selektah of course. Then there's Apollo Brown, Nottz, so many.
Have a listen to Dave East's Paranoia album. Current but very New York, even makes French Montana sound okay....

Thanks for all that Travis !  Only recognise Pete Rock from all them names.. That's how long it's been. since I was hammering it myself.. I'll certainly check them out.