Re: Leeds v Norwich

After the early hysteria, then the mass depression and lemming behaviour we're 7th and one point off the play offs.

Given its a completely new side, new manager ... i'm pretty 'stoked'

Take off hosers ...

Toronto Ted wrote:

After the early hysteria, then the mass depression and lemming behaviour we're 7th and one point off the play offs.

For sure.

placidcasual wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

For sure.

Same here.

I can't understand how every time we win moaning cunts can still piss on it.

People are Twats

Where is Lassogo anyway? Has he gone?

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

space wrote:
placidcasual wrote:
Toronto Ted wrote:

For sure.

Same here.

I can't understand how every time we win moaning cunts can still piss on it.

Just reading about the boo brigade having a pop at Grot when he came on!

Don't rate him personally but he's still fairly raw and don't really see how booing him helps anyone!
Typical of our lot that!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

As echoed by TT. I think the hysteria and implosion of the expectation might have actually done us a favour coming into  this game and the 2nd half of the season.

Was a strange subdued atmosphere in the ground, not negative or nervy but weirdly not charged either way. The South Stand went through their rendition of songs. Jimmy was notable by his absence.

Leeds lined up with a similar line up to QPR. Widewald, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Beradi, Cibicki, Vieira, Phillips, Alioski, Saiz and Roofe.

First ten minutes Norwich had all the possession and we couldn't seem to get out of our half, slowly we grew into the half and seemed to get more ball and better movement. Saiz was trying to be pivotal but didnt seem to pull off the passes, the flicks the tricks. It looked to me like he was slightly isolated and missed the guile and movement of Hernandez. He seemed to be in acres of space but with no one around him to act as foil for his talent.

It never felt like we were going to get beat to me which is a marked improvement and shows some resolve and steel that the team lacked in recent games.

Widewald - 7 some good saves but luck was smiling on him yesterday. His punching and parrying will cost goals over the season. I guess after the shocker against Queens Park Strangers last week a clean sheet will do wonders to boost his confidence. 

Ayling - 7 much better than recent weeks. Cant seem to remember him going forward so much. In fact cant seem to remember him featuring much in the game at all. Apart from one mad dive in from him after Phillips attempted to foul one of their attackers in 2nd half. I thought his dive in was rash, fortunately Jansson swept up and rescued his blushes.

Jansson - 9 I love him. The only player in our team who could easily make the jump to the premiership without much of a change of gear. More showman aggression with some silly chest bump bollocks in front of East Stand. Their player went down all too easily and was pretty embarrassing, usual shit holding his face etc. His team mates should ruin him for that.

Cooper - 7 decent show for him.

Beradi - 7 put his head/foot/body in when needed. Still a bit like a fish up a tree when over the half way line. Although had a decent shot in 1st half that wasnt that wide. If their right back got forward more he might have been in more trouble he was fast as fuck.

Cibicki - 7.5 impressed me with his play, great in dead balls. Excellent crosser of the ball and did well winning balls up front on the right. Deceptively tall and good in the air. Chased the ball from defender to keepr in 2nd half and forced an error that should have resulted in goal scoring opportunity. Improving all the time.

Vieira - 6 was poor with the ball. gave the ball away a lot not his best performance by a long chalk. But still feel calmer with he and Phillips in that box (pivit or whatever the fk its called this week) midfield shape.

Phillips - 6 as a above, gave the ball away less than Vieira. These two are really growing into that role and are going to be difficult to compete against for any midfield.

Alioski - 6 not really penetrating enough for me. Their Right back had he measure of him it seemed. And they clearly tried to push us back with him a lot.

Saiz - 6 see Vieira. had a great chance to make it 2, composed himself and beat the keeper to come off the inside of the upright. unlucky. Cant be brilliant every game but even half cocked he's a right handful.

Roofe - 6 toiled hard didnt really create much, had a great opportunity to play Alioski and Cibicki in 2nd half and tried some elaborate half volley form 35 yards and then some. Still like him in the centre forward role, he works hard.

Jay Roy Grot - 5 current enfant terrible with emphasis on the terrible. He has the physical attributes and youth on his side. He probably needs a run of ten games at Blackburn or somewhere when he can learn quick and gain confidence. The unforgiving Leeds rabble arent the best developing ground for young strikers. An area we seem to struggle to develop players in for some reason. Any way he looked poor, made iffy decisions but in his defence he only had 10 minutes on the pitch with average performing side who were all having an indifferent day.

On reflection a great 3 points that out stretched the performance. Think we missed Hernandez to link up the midfield with the attack more. All going in the right direction. Could do with a striker in January.

Good write up. Grot was brought on when we were under the cosh as an outlet to hold the ball up. Within seconds he had that opportunity and lost it easily. Didn't hear any booing, just mutterings. He's just a bit shit.

Last edited by Harvest (Sun 17 Dec 2017 2:29 pm)

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Good write-up thanks. Watched the highlights and N'aaarch seem to have a few shots that went close, and Wiedwald made some good blocks it has to be said. 3 points, I'll take them any day of the week. Hull at home next, this will be an interesting one.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'

Nice one Placid