Topic: Peter Hook and the Light

Roundhouse tonight, movement followed by closer and then up - i lasted halfway through closer before i fucked it off. Rubbish.

Re: Peter Hook and the Light

Never seen them and they were playing ten minutes walk away from my house on Saturday night.

Not getting into the Hooky /Bernard argument, but I'm not interested in seeing a JD/NO tribute act

"We are The Fall"

I saw them in Nottingham last year.  I enjoyed it.

Aim Low and miss...

Murdering Totally Wired on 6Music.

Off to see him on May 1st. Backstage passes thanks to a Doris going with us. Should be entertaining

Take off hosers ...

Been given free tickets, through work, to see this lot at Keswick Mountain Festival. Go or swerve?

Last edited by CharlieG (Wed 18 Apr 2018 8:19 am)

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

CharlieG wrote:

Been given free tickets, through work, to see this lot at Keswick Mountain Festival. Go or swerve?

Im still debating ... they're playing both NO and JD's versions of Substance

Take off hosers ...

The music is fine, its just his droning voice that kills it. There's a reason he was the bass player and not the singer.

CBIT wrote:

The music is fine, its just his droning voice that kills it. There's a reason he was the bass player and not the singer.

Doesn’t sing, shouts and growls. Lemmy has a voice of an angel in comparison to Hook.

Looks like the weather is going to be OK and Timothy Taylor's are running the beer tent so off we go, tonight.

Lasted  four songs. They weren't bad but had all the passion and charisma of a club band doing their fifth gig of the week. PH seemed to be in a, surprisingly, "jolly" mood, it has to be said. The Timothy Taylor's was decent.

Tomorrow is The Farm followed by Mel C....
hmm

How was Mel C?

His lad plays bass in The Light as well.  Do they need two bass players?

Also some other bod did most of the singing when I saw them.  Stage left, standing behind him, in shadow!  ha ha ha

Aim Low and miss...

Mel C? I guess she was OK, if you like that sort of thing . I reckon PH has difficulty "singing" and playing bass at the same time, hence t'other bass player. The Farm, by the way, were out of time and mostly, out of tune. No different to the last time I saw them, years ago.

App. pklaying bass and singing is extremely hard as the melody and the rhythm are seperate so to speak.

Never seen The Farm.  Had some great tunes back in the proverbial.

Aim Low and miss...

danpiesley wrote:

App. pklaying bass and singing is extremely hard as the melody and the rhythm are seperate so to speak.

Never seen The Farm.  Had some great tunes back in the proverbial.

Explains why Sting and Fab Macca are such smug cunts, then...