Topic: Going to Gigs...

On your own.

Saw Eddie and Gary last night - with four young lads - three Internationalists and one from Portsmouth - does he get them from the LIPA conveyor belt?

Eddie said 'Fucking Hell', Gary said 'Let's have it'. Great gig, some old tracks I'd not heard live before.

They had to do this mad thing at the Oran Mor for the encore, where they went off after the main event and stood behind a curtain that covered a door (that was a fire exit to the main road), to come back on 20 seconds later. Or they would have had to walk through the crowd to the dressing room.

It's the first gig I've been to on my own, since seeing them back in the 80's wearing the blue Patrick cagoule (not the red one).

I like going to gigs on my own. There's a different feeling.

Re: Going to Gigs...

As no doubt since the beginning of September when Walt passed on, they told the story of meeting him and working with him.

They wanted Katz, but Warners said they had Becker on the roster. Apparently Walter had bought Working With Fire & Steel - cut to Maui and the man humming 'I could never keep a beat' whilst waxing his board.

He comes over, they sing to the initial backing tapes, he says let's make a record and for some of us a really great album followed in 85.

Good stuff EM
I usually go to gigs with our lass but as you know only too well,that's the equivalent of going on your own sometimes!

Managerial endeavour = houses = money.

Been all over to gigs on me own.

Happy if you want to come along, if not I'll go by mesen

"We are The Fall"

Due to an intentional lack of friends, i go on my own.

Better than missing out!

I am just a common breed

This year I've been to gigs on my own, with Mrs G, with one, or more, of the three G (see what I did there) offspring and once with the whole fam. All, thoroughly, enjoyable.

The insurgency began.................and you missed it.

I've been alone in the past.  Not a great thing in my experience although that was a few years ago.  Well 28 years ago actually!  Fucking hell.

I enjoy going with my wife.  She digs most shit.

Aim Low and miss...