Re: Summer Holiday 2018

This wife's sister?

Not quite summer but have booked flights to Crete for October half term

Any recommendations from anyone?  Areas to stay etc  prefer something more rustic and less touristy with a villa being preferred

Cheers

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

smile

Site stalwart.

Me and misses off to Malta in the morning.

To stand aside is to take sides.

I've been at this time of year.

Good weather.

Weather is looking a bit poor for next couple of days. Hail , tomorrow.

Gulp...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42505903

Definitely haven’t bought the right clothes.

Anywhere interesting in Portugal not on the Algarve. Not that I have anything against that. Inland or somewhere round Porto. Only criteria is near water (preferably rivers of lakes) and restaurants.

placidcasual wrote:

Anywhere interesting in Portugal not on the Algarve. Not that I have anything against that. Inland or somewhere round Porto. Only criteria is near water (preferably rivers of lakes) and restaurants.

Only just seen this Placid - sorry

i went here about 7 years ago with the Mrs and the then baby,  was lovely and much better than on some of these pics

https://gotoportugal.eu/en/serras-de-ai … ture-park/

It's not mega for lakes but it's not too far from rivers and the road to Coimbra is a lovely trip

It's quite close to the coast too so might be OK

We flew into Lisbon and hired a car - pretty straightforward if you're used to that sort of thing (which you are)

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

placidcasual wrote:

We once stayed in Estoril. It had water , restaurants and a quick train trip to Lisbon which was fuckin excellent.

Booked a week in Duqessa, and hour west of Malaga.  Will be my fourth time.  Planning a day in Cadiz which looks fucking ace.

I'd love a day trip to Tangier but I can't help but think it will be a really really long day.

Any done Tarifa  - Tangier?

Aim Low and miss...

Once did the trip from Cadiz to Ceuta back in the mid 80s
Travelled all round Morocco and found it fascinating
Mind you got the worse case of the trots I've ever had in Marrakech

ambition beyond ability

Misura wrote:

A short bit of a long story, but currently in Malaga after a couple of days in tangier. Me and mate travelled to the arse end of the empire to have a come to with a member of the tangier branch of Leeds utd supporters club. Mate had a 'dead stock' '90's umbro blades training top on and we got run down rue de Mohammed VI, by a toothless local loon who'd made it quite clear he was Leeds. Had ambitions of a moroccan odyssey, planned to go to mauritania on the train & buses, but overall not a particularly nice place, heavy atmosphere, spent it drinking Casablanca beer round the pool with beautiful camp french men and after we had had our fill of dates and lamb tangines, decided to go back to Spain.

If I've not shagged a Scandinavian by sunrise tomorrow I'll know my mojo is failing. I shaved my bowlaks and dabbed a bit of creed milliseme imperial behind my ears and to all intents and purposes am irresistible to women of a certain age.

What is the difference between pop and rock n' roll? You might get fucked.

^^  Ha Ha ha

Aim Low and miss...

wogga wrote:

Once did the trip from Cadiz to Ceuta back in the mid 80s
Travelled all round Morocco and found it fascinating
Mind you got the worse case of the trots I've ever had in Marrakech

I'm keen but I don't think a day trip will do it justice.

Aim Low and miss...

Misura wrote:
Misura wrote:

A short bit of a long story, but currently in Malaga after a couple of days in tangier. Me and mate travelled to the arse end of the empire to have a come to with a member of the tangier branch of Leeds utd supporters club. Mate had a 'dead stock' '90's umbro blades training top on and we got run down rue de Mohammed VI, by a toothless local loon who'd made it quite clear he was Leeds. Had ambitions of a moroccan odyssey, planned to go to mauritania on the train & buses, but overall not a particularly nice place, heavy atmosphere, spent it drinking Casablanca beer round the pool with beautiful camp french men and after we had had our fill of dates and lamb tangines, decided to go back to Spain.

If I've not shagged a Scandinavian by sunrise tomorrow I'll know my mojo is failing. I shaved my bowlaks and dabbed a bit of creed milliseme imperial behind my ears and to all intents and purposes am irresistible to women of a certain age.

Liver on the mend then?

Site stalwart.

i lived near the ferry crossings to Morocco for 8 years never fancied it.

All of the advice from everyone who went was get the fuck out of the port town at the first opportunity. Apparently beyond the port it can be worth a visit, the port towns are shit holes.