Re: Xmas Presents...

PSG will pay £140M in the summer.

And they can have him.

Goretzka and Lemar next, to add to Keita. And there's chat about Butland too.

Gomez will join VVD once Clyne has got his Rio holiday out of the way.

its why football is shit, fucked and ... fucking boring.  75 million quid ???? id wager Alan Hansen is still a better defender.

I get loyalty to club, city, etc and believe me I could never follow another football club but this, the disconnect is huge, malfunction... the link between fan and club is no more.

welcome to the Society of the Spectacle

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Thu 28 Dec 2017 2:25 am)

Take off hosers ...

In the year 2000, Leeds United made Rio Ferdinand Britain's most expensive footballer by paying £18 Mil for him from West Ham.

That beat the £15 Mil Newcastle paid for Shearer from Blackburn four years earlier.

Ferdinand became the world's most expensive defender, beating the £10.75 Mil Manchester United paid for Jaap Stam two years earlier.

Leeds paid this through the surprise Champions League qualification, ahead of Barcelona, earning Leeds a further £20 Mil.

Leeds sold Ferdinand to Manchester United for £30 Mil two years later, after first asking for £35 Mil.

I've since read that David Byrne formerly of Talking Heads (apparently a die-hard Dundee fan) was on FOX Sports tonight, and though dismayed at the price, he did say that the whole issue was "the same as it ever was".

Irrelevant and a million miles away from the current situation.
Besides..Ferdinand was class not simply above average!

"A bigot,a person who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups and who regards members of these groups with hatred"

Funnily enough Byrne was born in Dumbarton. Modern football is fucked alright....

Load of books.
brett anderson box set
brooks saddle
moisturiser stuff
socks

Happy enough

I am just a common breed

Expanding Man wrote:

In the year 2000, Leeds United made Rio Ferdinand Britain's most expensive footballer by paying £18 Mil for him from West Ham.

That beat the £15 Mil Newcastle paid for Shearer from Blackburn four years earlier.

Ferdinand became the world's most expensive defender, beating the £10.75 Mil Manchester United paid for Jaap Stam two years earlier.

Leeds paid this through the surprise Champions League qualification, ahead of Barcelona, earning Leeds a further £20 Mil.

Leeds sold Ferdinand to Manchester United for £30 Mil two years later, after first asking for £35 Mil.

I've since read that David Byrne formerly of Talking Heads (apparently a die-hard Dundee fan) was on FOX Sports tonight, and though dismayed at the price, he did say that the whole issue was "the same as it ever was".

This was done by a window licking mental case that got a hard on by writing big cheques.  We're still paying for those decisions.  I suspect the scummers will not be on the hook for so long.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

Expanding Man wrote:

Comment moved to modern football. Still waiting for my Xmas present

Last edited by Toronto Ted (Thu 28 Dec 2017 1:36 pm)

Take off hosers ...

A mouth irrigator. It took on a few lumps of wedged beef tonight and smashed them.

What is that?

Expanding Man wrote:

What is that?

A water spurting electric tooth brush type thingy.

What is the difference between pop and rock n' roll? You might get fucked.

I've got one of them! Didn't know they were called that.

Dentist recommended it to me when she was worried about my gums.

It works - gums are all fine.

https://www.waterpik.com/oral-health/products/images/WP-100-ultra-water-flosser

Looks like a stormtrooper

Take off hosers ...

A stormtrooper doing a Kenneth Williams - nooooooo, matron!

Snatching misery from the jaws of glory since, ooooooh, 1973?

Belated congratulations to JCIG on his recent engagement. Acemons.

What is the difference between pop and rock n' roll? You might get fucked.

Such a terrible looking couple too.

Call me up in dreamland. Radio to me man.

Just two more for the full Liz Taylor.

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."