Topic: Snoring

Has anyone found any device that works?

I'm getting worse apparently and it's beginning to cause problems.

Re: Snoring

Ear plugs.

To stand aside is to take sides.

white dragon wrote:

Ear plugs.

She has the best on the market apparently

scootay wrote:
white dragon wrote:

Ear plugs.

She has the best on the market apparently

The ear plugs aren't for her.  They're for you so you can't hear her complaining.

Leeds United:  Boiling Barnsley's piss since 2018.

There's fuck loads of expensive snake oil doing the rounds about snoring, like $100 elastic bands to hold your mouth shut and shit like that or mouth clamps and stuff.  It's all snide science.  Apnea can take decades off your life expectancy or if it's simple snoring then it can be fixed on the  NHS so go to your doctor.  They shine lights in your holes, ask you some questions about it and score you on a scale.

I would recommend taking your other half with you because some of the questions are about what happens when you are asleep.

But get it sorted.  It's a silly way to lower your life expectancy.  And it can make you carb crave too.

Sorry.....  to answer your original question... has anyone found a device that works?  Yes.  A £1000 Medair CPAP.  AVailable free on the NHS.

I went to the doctors a couple of years ago and they brushed me off big style.

Every time I see a device, I read up on it and seem to find loads of bad reviews.

I've tried a spray before, nostril stretchers and even a ring for my little finger. 

It was part of the demise of my last relationship and it's not helping my current one. We go yo bed together and I wake up without her. It's not good

scootay wrote:

I went to the doctors a couple of years ago and they brushed me off big style.

Every time I see a device, I read up on it and seem to find loads of bad reviews.

I've tried a spray before, nostril stretchers and even a ring for my little finger. 

It was part of the demise of my last relationship and it's not helping my current one. We go yo bed together and I wake up without her. It's not good

Once it was proved to lower life expectancy it became a "thing".  Doctors now have guidance and a testable scale to measure it.  Go back to your Doctor and take your woman.  Hell hath no fury like a women denied sleep.

Lad I worked with went to a sleep clinic in Manchester on nhs . Slept overnight and got prescribed some kind of mask to sleep in . Don’t know how that went as no longer work with him . Keep pestering your GP .

To stand aside is to take sides.

partner/girlfriend/fiancé

Wha6t are them chin straps like Scoots?  I am in same boat with missus, not like she's going to fuck off or anything but she often sleeps on the couch.

Chin strap and nose trips perhaps?

I'd offer you a beer, but I've only got six cans.

Am trying the spray at the moment. Seems to be having some effect. Just the Boots own stuff. Tried the little plastic-type sheets (there's a word for them, can't think of it), but they were just too weird.

Booze and sleeping on your back brings it on the most, apparently.

2+1

Water polo and meeting deadlines.

We're in separate rooms now big_smile

#DoTheDai \o/

Normally me driven to the couch in our house

You are what you repeatedly do. Excellence is not an event - it is a habit.

fulmine wrote:

Am trying the spray at the moment. Seems to be having some effect. Just the Boots own stuff. Tried the little plastic-type sheets (there's a word for them, can't think of it), but they were just too weird.

Booze and sleeping on your back brings it on the most, apparently.

Being overweight & having a broken nose also.

I was okay snoring wise until i had my hip replacement, whilst recovering i learned to sleep on my back and i've snored ever since. I couldn't sleep on my back until then now i cannot stop.

I had these injections in the back of my throat by some dodgy consultant in Stockport. It was horrible and I was spitting out blood for about an hour afterwards but our lass said it worked for about 4 weeks and then wore off. The consultant has since retired and no one else is doing it.

Got referred to the consultant in York, and the nurse told me after weighing and measuring me, that I should tell the consultant that I am 6ft 7. He told me about an operation that is apparently horrific and the heavier you are the less chance you have of it working, I think I was down to about a 20% success chance.

I have tried a few other things, but nothing works. Me and the other half have separate rooms now.

I've not tried chin straps Reggie.

I know it's an age thing mainly but I fall in to all the other categories.  Overweight, drink, nose been broke a few times etc. But a couple of years ago I was in great shape, not drinking during the week and I still snored.

The separate room things is so depressing.. especially when you've only been together a few months and already one of us has to leave the room..

Recently had a stay in hospital and one upside was the reclining beds .. slept at a 30deg angle and had the best nights kip in a long while and stopped the snoring. Worth a shot.

Last edited by smiley (Thu 04 Jan 2018 2:51 am)

Sunset & Vine wrote:

I had these injections in the back of my throat by some dodgy consultant in Stockport. It was horrible and I was spitting out blood for about an hour afterwards but our lass said it worked for about 4 weeks and then wore off. The consultant has since retired and no one else is doing it.

Got referred to the consultant in York, and the nurse told me after weighing and measuring me, that I should tell the consultant that I am 6ft 7. He told me about an operation that is apparently horrific and the heavier you are the less chance you have of it working, I think I was down to about a 20% success chance.

I have tried a few other things, but nothing works. Me and the other half have separate rooms now.

*high five*

#DoTheDai \o/

Sunset & Vine wrote:

Same here, my wife's whole family are terrible snorers. Awful to have to put up with it.

'When you become a grown up, people stop asking you what your favourite dinosaur is....They don't even care.'